After confirming that former guitarist Kirk Hammett would be making a guest solo on their new album, Exodus now reveal much more about it. The puzzle is being revealed and the record will be titled Blood In, Blood Out. The legendary thrash metal band also unveiled the album art for their upcoming album which was illustrated by Swedish artist Par Olofsson, known for his renderings that have graced the covers of countless heavy metal albums, including Exodus' Let There Be Blood. Feast your eyes on it now!

Blood In, Blood Out is hitting retail and digital stores on October 14th, 2014 via Nuclear Blast.

The concept for the art was envisaged by Olofsson based on the album title alone, as guitarist Gary Holt explains: "The concept came from Par Olofsson - I fed him the title and he immediately came up with the final concept, and it's perfect! One of my favorite covers we've ever done and it fits the title and theme to a T!"

Exodus tour dates:

8/10 - Montreal, WC - Heavy MTL - main stage B at 1:30PM
10/1 - Belem, Brazil - Botequim
10/2 - Brasilia, Brazil - CEDEC
10/4 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Carioca Club
10/5 - Rio De Janeiro - Brazil Circo Voador
10/7 - Asuncion, Paraguay - Kop Town
10/9 - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Groove
10/11 - Santiago, Chile - Club Kmasu Premier
10/12 - Antofagasta, Chile - Rock and Soccer
10/14 - Lima, Peru - Centrica
10/16 - San Jose, Costa Rica - Club Pepper's
10/18 - Mexico City, Mexico - Circo Volador

Exodus with Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies:
11/11 - Oakland, CA - The Fox Theater (2nd show added!)
11/12 - Oakland, CA - The Fox Theater
11/14 - Inglewood, CA - The Forum
11/15 - Phoenix, AZ - Comerica Theatre
11/17 - Oklahoma City, OK - Coca Cola Bricktown Events Venter
11/18 - Austin, TX - ACL Live at the Moody Theater
11/19 - Grand Prairie, TX (Dallas) - Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
11/21 - Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Café/Hard Rock Live
11/22 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
11/24 - North Springfield, VA - Empire (just added - Exodus only)
11/23 - Charlotte, NC - The Fillmore
11/25 - Albany, NY - Washington Avenue Armory
11/26 - Bethlehem, PA - Sands Bethlehem Event Center
11/28 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
11/29 - Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre
11/30 - Upper Darby, PA (Philadelphia) - Tower Theater
12/2 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre
12/3 - Covington, KY - Madison Theatre (just added - Exodus only)
12/4 - Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room at Old National Centre
12/5 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit

Source: exodusattack.com
Band profile: Exodus

Posted: 01.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Ozman - 01.08.2014 at 15:43
Incredibly butt ugly art
Ilham - 01.08.2014 at 15:49
What happens when a thrash band orders a cover? How come do I always see the same ugly crap?
Absak - 01.08.2014 at 16:08
Pär Olofsson should just stick to making brutal death metal art, but a man's gotta eat I suppose.
J. N. - 01.08.2014 at 16:13
Written by Absak on 01.08.2014 at 16:08
(...)but a man's gotta eat I suppose.

As seen in the cover artwork.
Troy Killjoy - 01.08.2014 at 17:14
I don't like the artwork itself per se but I think it's suitable for Exodus. It's not like their covers are renowned for their beauty in the first place.
John Shock - 01.08.2014 at 17:25
Honestly?
Radical...but i don't like it...i don't hate it at all, but i don't like it...too bland and cliche for me!!!
John Shock - 01.08.2014 at 17:28
Ow...and for me...a cover for a band like this should be less "deadly themed", and add more fun to the thing, like tankard does, but not that funny...
Lit. - 01.08.2014 at 18:52
YOU KNOW IT'S THRILLER!
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 01.08.2014 at 19:26
Written by Ilham on 01.08.2014 at 15:49

Tbf the last nice thrash album cover that I can remember correctly I saw was the last Testament one

I guess that they've now scrapped that whole Exhibit idea then....
Mattybu - 01.08.2014 at 19:36
Written by John Shock on 01.08.2014 at 17:28

Do you even listen to Exodus? Their last album Exhibit B was full of songs about serial killers, school shooting, killing people, hating everyone, more killing people, hating people and killing people. They're not one of the "fun" thrash bands, lyrically speaking.
Rulatore - 01.08.2014 at 20:43
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 01.08.2014 at 19:26

I guess that they've now scrapped that whole Exhibit idea then....

Was thinking about the same, I remember they saying it was a four part series, no ?

Cant wait for it
Bad English - 01.08.2014 at 22:04
Written by J. N. on 01.08.2014 at 16:13

Written by Absak on 01.08.2014 at 16:08
(...)but a man's gotta eat I suppose.

As seen in the cover artwork.

should not his name in news be fixed from Par Olofsson to Pär Olofsson?
John Shock - 01.08.2014 at 23:39
Written by Mattybu on 01.08.2014 at 19:36

Written by John Shock on 01.08.2014 at 17:28

Do you even know how to respect others opinions?!
That's what i think about thrash metal covers...if you disagree, just read it and shut it!!!
What i wrote above was just my point of view about the artwork...
And yes, i do listen to Exodus, not quite often, but i apreciate the band...and the lyrics too...
What comes to my personality, i think it would have more fun, if the guy that designed the artwork, tu put it a little bit more "comic", not like tankard comic, but something...this is just unoriginal!!!
Mattybu - 01.08.2014 at 23:45
Written by John Shock on 01.08.2014 at 23:39

Do you even know how to respect others opinions?!
What i wrote above was just my point of view about the artwork...

Call it disrespecting your opinion if you want, just thought it was really weird you suggested a lighthearted or "fun" album cover for Exodus, based on the vibe of their recent albums.
John Shock - 01.08.2014 at 23:47
Written by Mattybu on 01.08.2014 at 23:45

Written by John Shock on 01.08.2014 at 23:39

Do you even know how to respect others opinions?!
What i wrote above was just my point of view about the artwork...

Call it disrespecting your opinion if you want, just thought it was really weird you suggested a lighthearted or "fun" album cover for Exodus.

It's not...just my point of view...
Not everything has to be violent or deadly or whaver, even in thrash metal...
...that including album covers!!!
Mattybu - 01.08.2014 at 23:50
Written by John Shock on 01.08.2014 at 23:47

Not everything has to be violent or deadly or whaver, even in thrash metal...
...that including album covers!!!

I agree with that wholeheartedly, I just think based on the music that Exodus isn't really the best band for a cover like that.
John Shock - 02.08.2014 at 00:02
Written by Mattybu on 01.08.2014 at 23:50

Written by John Shock on 01.08.2014 at 23:47

Not everything has to be violent or deadly or whaver, even in thrash metal...
...that including album covers!!!

I'm no one to judge the guy who draw it, but based on what i see, i think the guy could use more of his imagination, imo...don't you think?!
More creative, less cliche...it's not bad, but not the best!!! But regardless of what i say, the band agreed with this cover, so...hoping for some good music like Exhibit A and B, that's what really counts!
Mattybu - 02.08.2014 at 00:05
Written by John Shock on 02.08.2014 at 00:02

I guess he could use more imagination, I don't find it particularly bad or anything but yeah, it doesn't get me all excited or drooling. And of course the music matters more. Their last album had a crap generic cover and was still good (although a bit long).
John Shock - 02.08.2014 at 00:15
Written by Mattybu on 02.08.2014 at 00:05

Written by John Shock on 02.08.2014 at 00:02

Actually, i found the cover very interesting, no matter the generic thematic...and yes, is a bit too long for a thrash metal band!!!
But it's a monstruous album!!!
Specially the groovy March Of The Sycophants that kills my neck, and Beyond The Pale too!!!
Timelord - 02.08.2014 at 05:10
Its surreal to me that we have reached the point where nothing is good enough or just bland to most. Having been a tattoo artist for 18yrs now I see the work put into this cover. We have regressed to where nothing is appreciated anymore. It is hard to catch your favorite band(s) live anymore if at all here in the US. No wonder a good bit of us still live in the past when it was the music from live shows that fueled ambition to reach that stage yourself. Album covers like this had its part in it as well. Although I have bought a few just because the album art looked cool only to find out the band sucked ass..(Virus:Force Reckon first that comes to mind lol)
Troy Killjoy - 02.08.2014 at 06:59
You got all that out of a couple people not liking an album cover? Damn.
TrollandDie - 04.08.2014 at 02:11
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.08.2014 at 17:14

I disagree; the more minimal direction of both Atrocity albums looked far better. I can't stand this overdone ''World In Chaos'' thrash cliche tbh.
Mattybu - 04.08.2014 at 02:25
Written by TrollandDie on 04.08.2014 at 02:11

A skeleton and a pentagram is pretty cliche too, if you ask me.
Troy Killjoy - 04.08.2014 at 02:44
What Matty said. I prefer this to the band members driving in a car or sitting behind the counter at a bar.
deadone - 04.08.2014 at 03:02
Incredibly generic and incredibly ugly art.

Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.08.2014 at 02:44

I was just going to say they should go back to their old style covers and then I saw this post!

I think Bonded By Blood was their best cover (the twins, not the logo one) and that wasn't exactly great. I did like Tempo of the Damned's cover but it quickly lost impact.

I think bands have to discover "less is more" when it comes to album covers.
Mattybu - 04.08.2014 at 03:10
Bonded By Blood has horrendously bad cover art. Come to think of it pretty much every Exodus cover art is shit in one way or another, but that one is the pinnacle of ugly terrible art.

News Machine Head - New Album Title, Cover And More Revealed 11.5 14.08.2014 by Deadmeat
News Overkill - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 11.5 24.01.2012 by AndMetalForAll
News Eluveitie - Share New Album Title, Cover Art And More 11.5 14.05.2014 by Pitwulf93
News Severe Torture - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 11.5 09.04.2010 by BenWasHere
News Blackguard - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 11.5 08.01.2011 by