Opeth are about to release Pale Communion, their 11th album. With a release date set for August 26th via Roadrunner Records, the band has already revealed the first single "Cusp Of Eternity" before. Today you can check out Opeth's new song "Eternal Rains Will Come". What is your verdict? Do you like this one? Let us know.

You can now pre-order Pale Communion from Amazon with very limited edition art cards (whilst stocks last).

Pale Communion tracklist:

01. Eternal Rains Will Come
02. Cusp Of Eternity
03. Moon Above, Sun Below
04. Elysian Woes
05. Goblin
06. River
07. Voice Of Treason
08. Faith in Others

Source: roadrunnerrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Opeth

Posted: 01.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

Steadydrummer619 - 01.08.2014 at 20:27
All of these songs remind me of Deep Purple and King Crimson if they met Opeth!
Jiri - 01.08.2014 at 20:30
BehzadSh - 01.08.2014 at 20:39
The new album is so good, but I missed old Opeth
Unhealer - 01.08.2014 at 22:46
Sloppy Roadrunner, they didn't even bother in writing the complete name of the song in the Youtube upload.
Zaphod - 01.08.2014 at 22:50
I'm pretty sure everyone has heard the whole album by now.
Ilham - 01.08.2014 at 23:19
Nope, and this doesn't make me want to.
Machiavelli - 01.08.2014 at 23:55
I thought the production on the drums was excellent but the overall song was not really something I'm into if I was thinking metal... just prog rock.
Gothmog_Motsham - 02.08.2014 at 00:32
Well this is some pretty boring stuff. I'm still hoping "Goblin" would sound nice because the name sounds interesting We'll have to wait and see about that
Erik M. - 02.08.2014 at 00:55
Written by Zaphod on 01.08.2014 at 22:50

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard the whole album by now.

Exactly. This is pretty lame, as if they don't know lots of people have already heard the whole thing. I've spun it 3 times so far. It's good, but nothing amazing. As expected, I guess.
LascaillesShroud - 02.08.2014 at 01:31
There was an "official" stream on YouTube for like 2 days that was taken down, I listened to it three times. I loved it <3
Lit. - 02.08.2014 at 01:50
Written by Steadydrummer619 on 01.08.2014 at 20:27

All of these songs remind me of Deep Purple and King Crimson if they met Opeth!

And yet it still sounds incredibly mediocre.
MaiSweettShaadow - 02.08.2014 at 02:31
The new album sounds like Village People if they wanted to copy cat King Krimsong, with Arabian -type vocals , really really bad album for opeth standars
Dentura - 02.08.2014 at 05:10
I really enjoyed what I heard. It's very melodic and drenched in organ passages. Sounds like it could fit on Ghost Reveries only with more of a vintage 70s prog texture to it. Can't wait to get the new album when it comes out.
Dark Forever - 02.08.2014 at 05:58
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 02.08.2014 at 00:32

I'm really digging the album except for Goblin, it's an instrumental jam with little connection to the rest of the album and it sounds like they went to the studio, started to play with the instruments and record it at first try.
Gothmog_Motsham - 02.08.2014 at 08:03
Written by Dark Forever on 02.08.2014 at 05:58

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 02.08.2014 at 00:32

Well there goes my hope for it being a weird proggy \ psychedelic 15 minute long song with unexpected flute passages and a shit load of acoustic bridges gonna check it out anyway i guess...
NocturnalStalker - 02.08.2014 at 09:49
This one reminds me of The Devil's Orchard, which is my favourite track from Heritage. I like the crazy intro and how it then flows into a slow and calm part, which reminded me of Damnation album. Then, the section that begins at 2:33 is my favourite part of the song. Mike's vocals are quite fitting, even if not revolutionary. The ending of the song is not impressive, but fine. The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the guitar solo, which sounds a bit bland. I was expecting something more interesting.
Anyways... I still have my hopes high for this album and I'm not gonna download it - I will wait until I get my pre-ordered copy.
slayerules - 02.08.2014 at 14:41
I like the proggy groove and the song overall, but still I'm missing some metal elements there. A lot of Deep Purple influences. We'll see what the whole album brings...
a MasT - 02.08.2014 at 17:24
Wonderful
hahabuhu - 02.08.2014 at 19:39
I miss the old Opeth too, their influence on metal has only just begun; but I wouldn't want to miss this either. It just about retains a hint of the old Opeth sound, but i hear another band playing adventurously. That's ok by me, the name still means quality.
Ace Frawley - 03.08.2014 at 05:16
Sounds really good to me. Also really like the sound of "Cusp of Eternity" so from what I've heard so far, I'm looking forward to the album.
Evil Chip - 03.08.2014 at 09:57
I'm listening to it right now. I have to say is a large improvement in the songwriting department from the last album. That does't make it great, just good, and that's what not what I would like to hear from a band like Opeth.
Ornusashas - 03.08.2014 at 21:43
I just hate the 70s organ. Ugly ugly sound. But very good album otherwise.
Reaper_Redeamer - 04.08.2014 at 21:47
"Do you like this one?"
"You can now pre-order Pale Communion"
ChildofHorus - 04.08.2014 at 23:51
Hmmm... Hmmmmmm. I don't know.
I really like prog rock. Metal is something I listen less frequently to these days, so I would say I would like this. Still, it somehow feel this song lacks something. Can't quite put a finger on what's missing
Still makes me very curious to the rest
LiquidSmoke - 05.08.2014 at 00:49
This is very good and I think we can all safely say that Opeth has enough metal in their back catalogue to settle for if that's more your cup of tea.
deadone - 05.08.2014 at 05:22
I think that was a pretty good track and better than first one.
JayMo4 - 05.08.2014 at 19:40
Written by Ornusashas on 03.08.2014 at 21:43
I just hate the 70s organ. Ugly ugly sound. But very good album otherwise.

Yeah... that's always been the least enjoyable part of prog rock for me, and the part I least understand why modern "progressive" acts feel the need to keep alive. I thought progressive meant trying new things! Experiment! There's got to be something better to add to these songs than some tacked on and played out organs.

That said, I still enjoy this music overall. It'll never interest me as much as Morningrise or Blackwater Park, but it's good enough that I'll continue to call myself an Opeth fan.
metalody - 10.08.2014 at 21:03
This album is going to be so great! Whatever Opeth do, call it death or prog they create high quality music. Passion is always there and is always so strong.
Azarath - 10.08.2014 at 21:32
Written by metalody on 10.08.2014 at 21:03

Passion is always there and is always so strong.

It's also pure and unadulterated.

News Allegaeon - Another New Song Streaming Online 7 07.05.2012 by Paradox0
News Devourment - Another New Song Streaming Online 7 25.01.2013 by Jtbmetal123
News Dark Tranquillity - Streaming Another New Song 7 23.05.2013 by FeskarN
News Subrosa - Streaming Another New Song 7 17.08.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Eluveitie - Streaming Another New Song 7 09.07.2014 by Migtanteot