After the recent tour news, In Flames give us new music today. So far, the Swedes have revealed their new album's first single "Rusted Nail" and today they premiere a new video for "Through Oblivion". This means you can listen to more new material from the impending Siren Charms. The video for "Through Oblivion" was directed once again by Patric Ullaeus as their previous video. Watch the video here and give us your opinion about the song.

Siren Charms is set to be released worldwide on September 5th (the US release is September 9th).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Flames

Posted: 15.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Daniell - 16.08.2014 at 23:19
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2014 at 20:06

It is actually a good song if you listen to it as a non-metal song.

My thoughts exactly.
moonflash - 16.08.2014 at 23:21
Cool song.
Daniell - 16.08.2014 at 23:22
Written by psykometal on 16.08.2014 at 19:24

(eagerly awaiting Daniel's response )

This guy is so disarmingly over-the-top and pretentious that, no matter how hard I try, I can't take him seriously, and, hence, can't be offended by him
Lord_Regnier - 16.08.2014 at 23:49
Written by Daniell on 16.08.2014 at 23:22

I find it hard to take someone who describes himself as "low-life douche" seriously, indeed.

Also, he mentioned that for him, "Metal is a religion". I've always found this kind of mentality hilarious. Metal is only music, nothing more nothing less.
Milan - 17.08.2014 at 00:07
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.08.2014 at 23:49

Also, he mentioned that for him, "Metal is a religion". I've alaways found this kind of mentality hilarious. Metal is only music, nothing more nothing less.

Pretty much this. Being incredibly passionate about something is nice and all but don't turn it into something it isn't.
Darkside Momo - 17.08.2014 at 00:38
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2014 at 20:06

It is actually a good song if you listen to it as a non-metal song.

I beg to differ. It's not bad, no problem, but good? Come on... Alt pop-rock can sound and be better than that
s_t_s - 17.08.2014 at 15:20
Written by Darkside Momo on 17.08.2014 at 00:38

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2014 at 20:06

It is actually a good song if you listen to it as a non-metal song.

Agreed, it's not bad, yet not good either By the way Rusted Nail is a grower even tho it's reeeeeeeeeeeally soft ! I hope some songs are faster than that or it's going to make me feel like sleeping all day long

By the way, Through Oblivion leaked weeks ago ! I hope the rest of the album will leak as well
deadone - 18.08.2014 at 07:42
Written by Sword_Chant on 16.08.2014 at 12:16

Vocals make me cringe - the same cringe I get when I hear chalk scraping across a blackboard...

My problem has always been that Anders' cleaning vocals are irritating. You just want to kick him in the guts repeatedly so he'd shut up and then leaves his dying carcass for the rats. And it started on bloody Whoracle and "Everything Counts."

The song itself is musically fine and even those whiny bitch vocals work for verses to a degree. However they need someone with a bit more "oomph" in the vocal department at least for the choruses. By "oopmh" I don't mean metal. I'd be happy with either of the vocalists out of Gomez or the dude from Kings of Leon.
Rot Teufel - 18.08.2014 at 10:02
Written by Milan on 16.08.2014 at 20:42

Musicians/artists don't owe anyone anything, they can do whatever they want. Don't like it? Deal with it. People change, their tastes change, their goals change. If you have so much trouble dealing with Opeth/In Flames not being metal anymore, I seriously question your capability to adapt to major life changes.

They want to change, they're free to do this, but i would like to have the same quality that they use to play in past. If they were able to put a great effort in the past, why not put the same now? That's the point, not whining about why they left the old way....

Example: bring Damnation, the first prog rock album of Opeth. It's a great album with personality. And it sounds like Opeth.
Now bring Heritage: it's a boring album that tires to be a mere copy/paste to great 70s prog rock bands. At this point if i want to listen some good prog rock, why not listen King Crimson, Genesis and Floyd. There's no Opeth sound in Heritage, just a boring copy/paste....

Written by Milan on 16.08.2014 at 20:42
On topic: The song in itself is not too bad, I actually mildly enjoy the chorus. I honestly think they could be an adequate, unremarkable pop/rock band if they would just ditch Anders and get someone who can actually sing.

You right, song itself is not bad, but neither good. They to their work sufficiently for a 6 (or a "C"). It became lame for the horrible Anders clean sing... my god, it's awful...
cenobiter - 25.08.2014 at 00:40
The thing is, In Flames has the following due to their strong roots. Evolving means losing the fans they had since the beginning, but they also get new ones. The old fans may feel betrayed in the process because the sound that made them fans in the first place is gone. Personally, I hate the new In Flames. Everything after Clayman I tend to ignore. It's another band.
Windir - 26.08.2014 at 00:21
Through oblivion? ...forgotten.
Kryptonit - 28.08.2014 at 22:48
It's like A Perfect Circle with bad vocals.

Pages: 1 [2]

News In Flames - New Video Released 9 23.09.2013 by ScottyM
News Dream Theater - New Video Released 6 24.09.2013 by Dima
News Havok - New Video Released 5.5 12.09.2013 by Truemetaljope
News Testament - New Track Available For Download, Lyric Video Released 5.5 03.07.2012 by Zaphod
News As I Lay Dying - New Video Released 5.5 12.09.2012 by Machiavelli