Good news for the Moonspell wolfpack. The Portuguese band is working on new material for their next album. It was the group's frontman Fernando Ribeiro who confirmed it on a recent video message. He announced that the follow-up to the double album Alpha Noir / Omega White is in the works. It's about time, right? Prepare for new music from Moonspell.

The band has been touring non-stop but plans to release a new album next year.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Moonspell

Posted: 15.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

chronic-headache - 15.08.2014 at 21:18
First Anaal Nathrakh, then Moonspell
today has been a great day
SceneryOfLoss - 15.08.2014 at 21:19
Erik M. - 15.08.2014 at 21:54
Love this guy. He's awesome, especially on stage as he's a great frontman. Saw them live for the first time in 2006 or something when they supported Cradle of Filth. Sufficed to say they impressed me a whole lot more than CoF did, while I was a fan of theirs and didn't know Moonspell('s music) yet back then.

In any case looking forward to their next album. I liked their last but compared to their early work (referring to the first two albums, obviously) it's not that great. I'm hope they're going for a less black metal and more gothic metal sound this time, because I like their gothic stuff (Wolfheart, Irreligious, Sin/Pecado) a lot more overall.
ManiacBlasphemer - 16.08.2014 at 00:46
Written by Erik M. on 15.08.2014 at 21:54

Only that Wolfheart was not as much gothic as it was black metal. Irreligious is great though.
Erik M. - 16.08.2014 at 01:01
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 16.08.2014 at 00:46

Irreligious is great, but Wolfheart is the best thing they ever did. It surely is both gothic and black metal, maybe about 50/50. The BM is heard clearly, but the gothic atmosphere is overly present as well, hence why it feels more gothic to me. And don't forget the two tracks Trebraruna and Ataegina, which are both very folky. In any case, I'd say Irreligious and Sin/Pecado are way more gothic than BM.
NocturnalStalker - 16.08.2014 at 08:36
Written by Erik M. on 15.08.2014 at 21:54

Well, Omega White was a pure gothic metal record and quite a good one, in my opinion. Anyway, I'm sure the new album is going to sound different. That's what I love about Moonspell - they never copy themselves, always try to evolve.
reload3591 - 16.08.2014 at 10:22
Omega White is hands down my favorite Moonspell album. Alpha Noir had a few good points, but overall lacked in creativity, I thought. If they do a single album this time, they might be able to focus. If not, I get twice the songs to adore.
BloodTears - 16.08.2014 at 10:52
I'm always expecting something good from Moonspell.
Eternity'sChild - 16.08.2014 at 17:13
I love both sides of Moonspell, so, can't wait for the new album.
Erik M. - 16.08.2014 at 17:41
Written by NocturnalStalker on 16.08.2014 at 08:36

Yeah, just listened to Alpha Noir again (last time was years ago) and liked it a bit more than before but still their worst album I'd say (6/10 material). Pretty bland and uninteresting. Now spinning Omega White again and it's so much better (8/10 material). Indeed it's pretty much pure gothic metal. As I said, that style suits Moonspell much better, in contrary to the totally generic black metal they play nowadays. Night Eternal was good though, but not Memorial and Alpha Noir.

I'm very curious which style the new album will be, since you never know with Moonspell. A combination of gothic and BM heard on Wolfheart might still be the best.
NocturnalStalker - 16.08.2014 at 18:34
Written by Erik M. on 16.08.2014 at 17:41

I, for one, like both Alpha Noir and Omega White. I wouldn't say that the music they play nowadays is generic black metal. Sure, as Fernando mentioned, Bathory was a big influence for Alpha Noir, for instance, but, still, the kind of music found there is more a mixture of different metal sub-genres - melodic black metal, melodic death metal, thrash metal, gothic metal. Actually, I've re-listened that album a couple of days ago and it was the first album in months that made me bang my head. And pretty hard too.
mara - 17.08.2014 at 15:13
Can't wait for the new album ^^ and to see them again

News Moonspell - Working On New Album 9 26.11.2007 by Bad English
News Chimp Spanner - Working On New Album 5.5 29.10.2012 by Milena
News Dornenreich - Working On New Album 5.5 28.12.2009 by iceland_Norway
News Anaal Nathrakh - Start Working On New Album 5.5 28.02.2010 by Baz Anderson
News Hatebreed - Working On New Full-Length Album 5.5 25.05.2012 by Boxcar Willy