If you can't wait for the follow-up to Kamelot last album Silverthorn, there is good news for you. The band's guitarist and mastermind Thomas Youngblood recently revealed that he is in Stuttgart, Germany with keyboardist Oliver Palotai working on the the next Kamelot album. This will be their second opus with new singer Tommy Karevik.

Thomas Youngblood's update: "Hi folks, I'm in the Stuttgart area this week working on the final parts of the next Kamelot album with Mr. Palotai. It's going great and we have lots of music and ideas in store. Stay tuned for some more pics and video from the week. Cheers! TY, Greetings from the underground!"

Photo courtesy of Youngblood's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kamelot

Posted: 23.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

BlackEssence - 23.08.2014 at 13:38
Great! Silverthron was great, and Tommy is good singer for them.
The Shape 1973 - 23.08.2014 at 14:32
I miss Roy.
ManiacBlasphemer - 23.08.2014 at 16:42
Not really thrilled. Silverthorn was just a safe played album. Average at best. And I do not really like Karevik. While he does a good job replacing Roy, it misses the passion and emotion that Khan's voice could grasp. All of it sounds too technical and profesional, but that's it.
Jiri - 23.08.2014 at 18:01
Jiri agrees with the previous two posts. This band is dead to him now.
Teravolt_Danny - 23.08.2014 at 21:40
Bitching about Silverthorn and Tommy... metalstorm is like some sort of strange pseudo reality that is opposite to the one we live in.
Zadion - 23.08.2014 at 22:40
Welp, this is the only website where I've seen people complain about Tommy.

He can't replace Roy for sure, but he's still a great singer and Silverthorn is a great album. Can't wait for the next one.
Angel_Lament - 23.08.2014 at 22:47
Well, Silverthorn was awesome, it doesn't matter if its safe played or dangerous, its awesome, and I never get tired of it. Plus, Tommy holds the best vocals now that Roy isn't around anymore. So, Excited!
Eccer - 24.08.2014 at 00:20
If they can go above average this time. Get around experimenting again... then I'll have something to look forward too.
Laneth - 24.08.2014 at 00:24
Hope they let Tommy unleash his vocals to their fullest extent this time!
Opethian - 24.08.2014 at 01:41
More 'Black Halo' style energy please! After that it has been safe album after safe album.
Xyanade - 24.08.2014 at 03:39
Just hope this won't slow down SW's next album, can't wait for both already.
Shmyt - 24.08.2014 at 06:26
Fucking excellent! Sure, Roy will always be my favourite but I am loving Tommy; Silverthorn wasn't my favourite album ever but it was good enough for me not to abandon ship. I should think that is the point when you have to change from a vocalist like Roy: you need to prove he can do what is safe and unknown and then he can really start to thrill us. I think this alum will be Tommy blowing us away. If not then I'm still waiting for Mr. Khan's return.
fandango68 - 24.08.2014 at 11:33
Written by Opethian on 24.08.2014 at 01:41

If you like your metal to be slightly more progressive/ experimental, then this is the conventional opinion, and one which I also share. I struggled with Ghost Opera, whilst Poetry and Silverthorn have been solid yet ultimately unfulfilling.
sleipnirlovenig - 26.08.2014 at 10:26
I'm not familiar with kamelot's back catalog, but Silverthorn is so pretentious that it simply sucks! The music Kamelot does is crap compared to the mighty Seventh Wonder. Return to and focus on where you belong, Tommy, cause Kamelot will eventually ruin you:hopeless:
Creativinity - 28.08.2014 at 07:44
Written by Eccer on 24.08.2014 at 00:20

If you recall, last time they experimented "Poetry for the Poisoned" came out and it didn't exactly make the top of anyone's "favorite album."
Chriwalker - 01.10.2014 at 12:11
Wow, people complain about Tommy? Get the fuck over yourself, f you don't like the band anymore go and listen to something else... I for one loved Silverthorn, and the different character Tommy has in it from Seventh Wonder. I hope he get's to show what he can do, but I don't want it to be Kamelot with SW vocals. Let the bands be different, and stop bitching which one Tommy should stick to, he does a great job at both, so the best of two worlds won't get a no from me.

News Kamelot - Confirmed For 70000 Tons Of Metal And Wacken Open Air 2012, Update On New Album 9 21.12.2011 by Iriki
News Gojira - New Album Update, To Enter Studio After Mastodon Tour 5.5 07.07.2014 by Ilham
News Iced Earth - New Album Update 5.5 11.06.2008 by Darkmember
News Darkane - New Album Update 5.5 23.02.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Autumn - Band Update, New Album In The Works 5.5 14.02.2014 by ManiacBlasphemer