A couple of days ago, we got a new album update from the British grindcore band Anaal Nathrakh. This time around, they are revealing one of the songs from their upcoming album Desideratum called "Idol". Check it out on the video below. Did this song raise your expectations for their upcoming album?

You can order Desideratum over here and grab it when it drops on October 28th through Metal Blade Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Anaal Nathrakh

Posted: 27.08.2014 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

J. N. - 27.08.2014 at 20:32
*Fanboying all over the place*
Ilham - 27.08.2014 at 20:39
Clean up a little at least.

I don't know about the song. Am ambivalent. Not convinced.
Daniell - 27.08.2014 at 20:45
Quite soft for their standards, but seems very very decent anyway.
Can't wait for the whole album.
!J.O.O.E.! - 27.08.2014 at 21:01
I'm with the Ilham. It's a bit on the fence-y side.
Milan - 27.08.2014 at 21:34
I agree with what's been said so far. I like the song, I really do, but it didn't blow me away like the tracks they initially released from Vanitas. It does seem pretty digestible compared to their other work. Even Dave's vocals seem a bit restrained in their usual insanity. Still stoked for the album though.
Eternity'sChild - 27.08.2014 at 21:45
Wow, really melodic for Anaal Nathrakh, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not exactly sure, if I like it or not, needs more listens to find out, I guess.
MelancholiaC - 27.08.2014 at 22:15
We all know you can't judge an extreme metal album by its "single", as it tends to be chosen for accessibility rather than representative-ness.

One thing I will say for this band though is that they're quite consistent in their delivery of uncompromising ferocity; there has not been a single album that considerably fell short (at least in my book). I've thoroughly enjoyed being skull-crushed, boot-slammed, spat-in-the-face by their entire discography.

So the anticipation is definitely high, especially since few bands have captured me with sheer speed and venomous chaos!

I do wish Dave Hunt would actually publish his lyrics, although he determines to test our ears and repeatedly leaves me frustrated with my failure of speech recognition...
Alondate - 27.08.2014 at 22:25
Cleans are epic. They may sound not as heavy as they were but i have no problem with that. They still rape my ears
Vombatus - 27.08.2014 at 22:43
They need to make it dirtier. Moar agressive & br00talz.

Last couple of albums seem to have settled a kind of defined style for these guys, a bit linear, that is nowhere near their top stuff.
Electes - 27.08.2014 at 23:04
Quite a good song. Guitar tone is not quite as slicing, but I appreciate the industrial additions that have been largely absent from their albums since Eschaton.
LeChron James - 28.08.2014 at 05:04
I don't like how the vocals are buried beneath everything. Hopefully the whole album isn't mixed like this. The music is sorta underwhelming, but I still have high hopes.
Mr. Doctor - 28.08.2014 at 15:33
Le Rod likes the music... But the production and mix makes it too shiny and inofensive. They need more dirt.
Troy Killjoy - 28.08.2014 at 16:30
Boring and terribly mixed. The clean vocals have never been a strong spot for the band either. Not excited based on this single, but will still listen to the album once it's released.
copycat - 29.08.2014 at 19:26
Catches my attention, remains heavy and melodic. just waiting for the album to be released to see if it's worth.
Olber - 11.09.2014 at 20:35
Sounds like the softer parts of Vanitas, yet more melodic. And that's awesome.
Darkside Momo - 11.09.2014 at 20:43
I like the song, even if it's melodic and whatnot. However, I agree, the prod's much too clean for Anaal...

News Anaal Nathrakh - New Song Streaming Online 9.5 25.09.2012 by J. N.
News Anaal Nathrakh - Another New Song Online 9.5 23.03.2011 by J. N.
News Anaal Nathrakh - New Song Streaming Online 9.5 02.10.2012 by J. N.
News Anaal Nathrakh - New Song Posted Online 9 04.09.2006 by Dangerboner