Roadburn 2015 continues to shape up nicely. Now it was announced that British gothic rock/metal innovators Fields Of The Nephilim will be gracing the stage twice at the 20th edition of the festival. In addition to serving as the Saturday headliner on April 11th, 2015, the band will perform a different set as special guests at Houses Of The Holistic on Friday, the special Roadburn event curated by Ivar Bjørnson (Enslaved) and Wardruna's Einar "Kvitrafn" Selvik, which will be held on Friday, April 10th.

Ohio's Electric Citizen and Sweden's Monolord were also confirmed. Enslaved and Wardruna will also perform on the 20th edition of Roadburn Festival that takes place from April 9th to April 12th, 2015 at the 013 venue in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Fields Of The Nephilim is working on new material, so fans might get a chance to hear that at Roadburn.

Source: roadburn.com
Band profile: Fields Of The Nephilim
Event: Roadburn 2015: 20th Anniversary

Posted: 28.08.2014 by Bad English

Comments

Apothecary - 28.08.2014 at 23:16
Never really listened to them, however, if their sound is predominantly gothic, I don't think this is anything I'll get too excited about
!J.O.O.E.! - 28.08.2014 at 23:22
Written by Apothecary on 28.08.2014 at 23:16

I'm not a great fan of gothic music but Fields of the Nephilim are quite good.
Apothecary - 29.08.2014 at 00:34
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 28.08.2014 at 23:22

I'm not a great fan of gothic music but Fields of the Nephilim are quite good.

Mkay, well if they have your thumb up, I'll probably at least give them a peek. Any album in particular?
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.08.2014 at 00:44
Written by Apothecary on 29.08.2014 at 00:34

Always been a fan of Elizium, but you could always use a cheat code and go straight for Zoon which is kind of a gothy death / thrash album.
Darkside Momo - 29.08.2014 at 01:08
Written by Apothecary on 28.08.2014 at 23:16

Well, FOTN are the tits. I enjoyed them quite a lot live (report [ul=http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/article.php?article_id=808#Fields]here[/url]) apart of the fact that their audience was static as fuck.
As for the albums, JOOE's right. Elizium is considered their best by many, but for metalhead I'd recommend starting by Zoon (a lot of goth metal bands would do well to take lessons from than one) or Mourning Sun (quite varied and exceptional too)
Apothecary - 29.08.2014 at 02:04
Written by Darkside Momo on 29.08.2014 at 01:08

I don't dislike goth metal, I just find a lot of it to be far too whiny and sobby for my tastes. As long as it doesn't sound too boy bandish, I'll probably dig it
Bad English - 29.08.2014 at 02:32
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 28.08.2014 at 23:22

Written by Apothecary on 28.08.2014 at 23:16

I'm not a great fan of gothic music but Fields of the Nephilim are quite good.

100% agree whit this one .... maybe 1th post from you what makes 100% sence(nothing personal, but seems I am pub influenced, since we drink there , and as often I drink alone)
Bad English - 29.08.2014 at 02:33
Btw according to MS prof its one man band now
Darkside Momo - 29.08.2014 at 02:48
Written by Apothecary on 29.08.2014 at 02:04

Written by Darkside Momo on 29.08.2014 at 01:08

far, far from it! It has quite a lot of death metal in it It's agressive, heavy, and has some really catchy riffs - plus that dark gothic mood
BloodTears - 29.08.2014 at 11:01
Written by Apothecary on 28.08.2014 at 23:16

I was gonna recommend Mourning Sun but Momo already did that. It's quite haunting and beautiful. Not sure you will like that, but hey, it's good stuff.

News Spiritual Beggars - New Album In The Works, Confirmed For Roadburn 2013 7 09.11.2012 by Paradox0
News Jungle Records To Release Another "Fake" Fields Of The Nephilim Album 7 12.10.2006 by Daru Jericho
Albums Fields Of The Nephilim - The Nephilim 6 14.11.2013 by Dentura