The thrash legends Slayer are back in the studio to record the 11th album of their career. World Painted Blood, their latest output, came out already five years ago. Tentatively set for release in early 2015, this new record will be the first since guitarist Jeff Hanneman's passing and since drummer Paul Bostaph rejoined after Dave Lombardo was kicked off the band. The band has shared some pictures from the studio sessions. Check them out!

The album will be released on Nuclear Blast Records through the band's own label imprint, closing out a 28-year relationship with Rick Rubin and American Recordings.

Photos: Andrew Stuart Photography

Now all you can do is wait to hear the final result. Meanwhile, you can always listen to the new song "Implode" released earlier this year as a foretaste.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer

Posted: 31.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

afu - 06.09.2014 at 22:01
I'm hopeful that Slayer will make a good album. King's songs dominated the last several albums and I thought GHUA and CI were great to really good. Unfortunately, Hanneman wrote the classic songs that I like best, but his contributions had dwindled during the last decade of his tenure to the point of King recording Jeff's parts in the studio. Here's hoping for the best! Cheers!
Lord_Agony - 06.09.2014 at 23:41
I really have high hopes on this one. Only those guys can restore some of the faith lost in recent years.
Lord_Agony - 06.09.2014 at 23:49
Written by mikeprado30 on 31.08.2014 at 22:28

MetalStorm, the place where people most criticize and complain about albums instead enjoy'em... (any resemblance with old-man attitudes is NOT coincidence )

The place where people bash on albums before they're even released. Everyone enjoys a super hindsight for things that are yet to come out
deadone - 08.09.2014 at 03:05
Written by Apothecary on 06.09.2014 at 17:25

Is this really absolutely necessary? Ya know, it's not really as if Slayer have anything left to prove to anybody, they've already secured their spot in the metal history books as one of the most influential bands of all time, at this point (esp. with Lombardo gone and Hanneman dead) continuing on is really just beating a dead horse. People respect em enough already, just call it quits and enjoy your legacy, why don'tcha?

According to that mentality, most metal bands should call it quits even the ones that are producing reasonable albums with virtually no progression for many albums.

And if you don't like their new stuff, don't listen to it! You can listen to their older stuff, you don't need to just listen to their new stuff (though I sometimes get the feeling a lot of people only listen to the newest albums).

That song they released was ok and better than World Painted Blood so I think there's still hope for the old beast.
Lord_Regnier - 08.09.2014 at 03:48
Written by Ozman on 02.09.2014 at 03:26

Written by Lord_Regnier on 02.09.2014 at 03:14

Written by Hex_Omega on 01.09.2014 at 11:33

Last Slayer album I enjoyed was Seasons In The Abyss

Same here. It all went downhill after that.

Am I the only one posting here who thinks that that album was already a immense step down? At the time I regarded it as Slayer's attempt of trying to make it big by watering their music down and becoming way more melodic than needed. Only one or two good songs on that album.

In my opinion, "South Of Heaven" was, to a certain extent, a case of watering down after the extreme "Reign In Blood", especially with those weak vocals. I see "Seasons In The Abyss" more as some kind of return to form after "South Of Heaven".
deadone - 08.09.2014 at 04:26
I didn't mind them toning down and adding a bit more variety with those late 1980s albums. It's why I regarded WPB and GHUA as so weak - they're just mindless thrashing.

I do feel SOH was better written than SITA though.
Lord_Regnier - 08.09.2014 at 05:23
Written by deadone on 08.09.2014 at 04:26

I do feel SOH was better written than SITA though.

I don't think SOH is bad at all. I like it. The only part I don't fancy much is the vocals. But when I listen to "Decade Of Aggression", I like the SOH songs as much as any other. As for SOH being better written than SITA, I don't know. Both albums have great songs but also a few weak ones.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Amorphis - Back In The Studio Recording New Album, Out In 2011 5.5 01.10.2010 by MeloDeathViking
News Bloodbath - Back In The Studio For Third Full-Lenght Album 5.5 18.04.2008 by Visioneerie
News Shining - Back To The Studio And A New Bassplayer Found 5.5 27.03.2008 by Lucas
News Suicidal Angels - Back To The Studio 5.5 25.12.2008 by LeChron James