The video for Iron Maiden's upcoming single, 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg', has been leaked onto various sites after being aired 'exclusively' to Iron Maiden Fanclub members today (17th July) at 00:01. The video can be found at the following locations:

Windows Media Player - Higher Quality

Windows Media Player - Lower Quality

Real Player - Higher Quality

Real Player - Lower Quality

Iron Maiden's new single is expected to be released on the 14th August, although it will not be competing in the charts, due to the fact that the b-side is a recording of 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' recorded during the Radio 1 'Legends' Sessions, and the single is therefore too long to be charted.

Source: forum.maidenfans.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden

Posted: 17.07.2006 by Silky

Comments

Jeff - 17.07.2006 at 14:19
The song is really dark... that's cool.. and it's not a bad song

Though it's extremely basic too...
PRIMAL FEAR - 17.07.2006 at 14:57
Guess I'll have to check this out... should be good...
Talvi - 17.07.2006 at 15:22
nmaaaa... it looks a bit generic... Iron Maiden is always good, but this doesn't impress me
Richard - 17.07.2006 at 15:39
The song is OK - nothing spectacular, but it grows on you. I agree with Jeff that it's a bit basic though.
Bas - 17.07.2006 at 15:56
nice song i liked it, although like richard said before me it´s nothing spectacular, but it´s only the single so i´m not really worrying, i´m looking forward to the new album
norse steel - 17.07.2006 at 16:15
i like this song somewhat, but i really hope that the rest ov the album isn't like this, it doesn't really sound like maiden, the one main riff sounds like motley crue or something...
Prowler84 - 17.07.2006 at 16:28
The song needs to be NOT OVERLOOKED. Give you some time, to feel and understand the song.You will see it will be growin'!
Spyroid - 17.07.2006 at 16:38
Agree with Jeff. Reminds me a bit about Afraid to Shoot Stranges, the way it's structured. I don't like it that much, but it's not unusual for Maiden to release the worse tracks as singles... and I'll let it grow on me :p
Bad English - 17.07.2006 at 16:45
Why can I watch it whit media player, I had almoust all players and I watch and use media player, because its betetr sound,but I cant see it here, why
RavenLord - 17.07.2006 at 16:57
K7, here is another source for the video, if none of those above work for you.

I would agree that this song is a bit simplistic, but it was chosen as the single, even if this single cannot compete in the charts. And it does grow on you...

(Plus, they managed to write the lyrics without the name 'Benjamin Breeg' in it, as far as I can tell...)
CyGuy6587 - 17.07.2006 at 16:58
Not too fond of the new song, mainly because it's just too long without any progression. Hope the rest of the new album is not as disappointing
Bad English - 17.07.2006 at 17:14
Ok I saw it in real player

So my coment:

Beginning Reamainds me dark video, suicide video, like Sentenced ''Neferthi'' or one Evergray video, its something from Iron Maiden since ''Brave New World'', after Bruce regoint to bnad

Middle Remainds me 'Flight of Icarus'' video, those studio stuffs, iff it wasntv so dark its be like ''Holly Smoke'' but Bruce, Bruce what you done to your hair, better dont see you only hear, I realy dont want see Bruce, only hear it, song was great and I realy enjoy those studio vidoes like Morgna Lafey ''Hallow'' Metallica ''Nothing Alse Metters'' Blind Guardian ''Mirror Mirror'' ....... realy love studio stuff, and those stuffs(dunno name in english) in ear locls great, and Steave bass are great ''West Ham United'' forever for Steave, and some say football and metal dont go together, football isnt for metalheads

End what a drama, lest play for new
Daniell - 17.07.2006 at 17:29
The song is nothing special, but I don't worry. 3 years ago "Wildest Dreams" occurred to be probably the worst song on "Dance of Death". I hope this time it's the case too.
mightywolf - 17.07.2006 at 18:02
the osng is ok and the video well i didn't like it
Richard - 17.07.2006 at 18:27
Yeah, the video itself isn't up to much, but it's better than some of Maiden's past videos! I think Heavy Metal videos are often a bit patronising towards their audiences, with embarrassingly cheesy cartoons and things, so at least this one is a bit more 'mature' even if it's not too exciting.
Spyroid - 17.07.2006 at 19:03
Agree with daniell_p and cyguy
kakalokola - 17.07.2006 at 20:08
the cideo sux ..but the song its ok ..its nice
SkattleSkank - 17.07.2006 at 21:32
the video is crap, but i like the song, definetly NOT their best work, could be better (and the vocals are kinda weak :\ )
Dragonlord TG - 17.07.2006 at 21:44
The song is great, I am really looking foward to the new album.

The video is nothing special though.
Revenant - 17.07.2006 at 21:50
It's all been said, nto a bad song but it's no paschendale. fuck loads better than Wildest Dreams though.
Warman - 17.07.2006 at 22:00
Just as I thought, excellent! The only thing I can complain at is the weak chorus.
This song will rock live!
Pianoman - 17.07.2006 at 22:32
A good song but not spectacular. The video it's only ok.
Daru Jericho - 18.07.2006 at 02:27
Very average for Maiden. Video is boring too. At least it's listenable.
MetalSpider - 18.07.2006 at 07:03
Pretty good. Nothing special, but Ive heard worse. Hopefully the rest of the album will have better songs.
Darkside Momo - 18.07.2006 at 09:39
As everyone said, quite a classical Maiden song. Liked it, but I suppose the rest will be better...
Gefahr - 19.07.2006 at 02:37
I like it specially the solo
StarFace - 19.07.2006 at 23:27
Iron Maiden arnt known for their videos because they are not very good and who cares its not about the videos its about the music. This song is a nice change from the keyboards in Dance of Death (although thats one of my favorite maiden albums) and its good to listen to a track thats just raw and no overdubs, computer crap and other stuff. thats why they sound so great live because they play live on their albums. Its true they dont pick the best songs for their singles but i have great faith in my alltime favorite band that this album will be a killer
HeathenBlood - 19.11.2006 at 18:01
This Song Is Killer .....Geat Song...Anyway there was no doubt that maiden's new song would Be cool like this!!
Its Different Fom past songs ...But it is awesome!
Truly Satisfying for Maiden fans...:
Up The Irons!!banger:
Paganblood - 16.12.2006 at 08:44
This song is great, but who exactly is Benjamin Breeg?
HeathenBlood - 19.12.2006 at 05:36
The song is dark...one of the greatest maiden song..The video is also good.

News Iron Maiden - New Video Online 9 13.07.2010 by Valentin B
News Iron Maiden - New Album Artwork, New Single And Tour Info 9 05.07.2006 by Spyroid
News Watain - Release Lyric Video For New Single 7 24.06.2013 by Koen Smits