Next week (August 21st) Thrashers Machine Head will be entering Sharkbite Studios in Oakland, California to record a new album. The album will be entitled 'The Blackening' and will be produced by Machine Head frontman/vocallist/guitarist Robert Flynn. Mark Keaton will be handling the engineering. Also Colin Richardson will be helping to produce with Flynn. Artist Paul Brown will be doing the artwork for the album cover.

Here are some track titles so far: 'Clenching The Fists Of Dissent', 'Aesthetics Of Hate', 'Halo', 'The Beautiful Mourning', 'Now I Lay Thee Down', 'Slanderous Love', 'Wolves' and 'A Farewell To Arms'.

The Blackening is set for an early 2007 release.

Here is a comment by Machine Head drummer Dave McClain: "Words can't really describe how excited we are to get into the studio and record this record. The shows that we just played on the Sounds of the Underground tour were as amazing as we'd hoped they'd be, the raw energy and excitement level of our fans right now is just incredible, we're fired up!"

And a comment by guitarist Phil Demmel: "We're still smoothing out some rough edges but what we have, we're extremely proud of!".

Source: machinehead1.com
Band profile: Machine Head

Posted: 18.08.2006 by Necromancer_S

Comments

Passenger - 18.08.2006 at 15:34
Nice, hope they'll maintain the style of "Through The Ashes Of Empires", or get even more thrashy.
Aghahowa - 18.08.2006 at 15:48
I hope the same too, with a huge energy. I want them to definitively turn the page of nu metal albums.
In a video, MH talks about another song called 'Rocket'.
Passenger - 16.02.2007 at 13:21
The new album is even more thrashy, and the songs are way longer, there are 3 or 4 songs over 9 minutes. The Blackening is fantastic, I'm sure even those who weren't convinced with TTAOE will be with this new one.
Marcel Hubregtse - 16.02.2007 at 13:27
Written by Passenger on 16.02.2007 at 13:21

Nope, I am not convinced with this one either. The songs are too long and boring. Machine Head should stick to short songs with a punch such as featured on Burn My Eyes.
Passenger - 17.02.2007 at 14:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2007 at 13:27

Written by Passenger on 16.02.2007 at 13:21

:/ Well, at least you have to agree that it's their most Thrash Metal album since The More Things Change.
Marcel Hubregtse - 22.02.2007 at 17:15
Written by Passenger on 17.02.2007 at 14:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2007 at 13:27

Written by Passenger on 16.02.2007 at 13:21

That I DO agree on

News Machine Head - Bassist Departs, New Album Announced 10.5 23.02.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Machine Head - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 9 28.07.2011 by Apothecary
News Falling Leaves - New Album Details And More Guests Announced 7 28.12.2011 by
News Absu - New Guitarist/Keyboardist And New Album Details Announced 7 25.03.2008 by Bad English
News Burden Of Grief - New Album Details, Song And Label Announced 7 25.04.2010 by Black Conundrum