A brand new Cradle Of Filthtrack, entitled "Dirge Inferno", is available for streaming here. The song comes off the British extreme metallers' new album, "Thornography", due on October 16 via Roadrunner Records. The follow-up to 2004's "Nymphetamine", "Thornography" was recorded at Lincolnshire, England's Chapel studios with producer Rob Caggiano and was mixed at Backstage Studios in Derbyshire, England by Andy Sneap.

"Thornography" [cover] track listing:

Under Pregnant Skies She Comes Alive Like Miss Leviathan
Dirge Inferno
Tonight in Flames
Libertina Grimm
Byronic Man
I Am The Thorn
Cemetery And Sundown
Lovesick For Mina
The Foetus Of A New Day Kicking
Rise Of The Pentagram
Under Huntress Moon
Temptation

The narraration for "Thornography" was once again laid down by Doug Bradley (a.k.a. "Hellraiser"'s chief Cenobite, Pinhead), who has previously worked with the group on "Her Ghost in the Fog" and "Swansong for a Raven".

On the subject of the album's musicial direction, Cradle Of Filth guitarist Paul Allender recently told Terrorizer magazine, "There are quite a few guitar solos on this album. To be honest, I've never really classed myself as a lead player as such, but this is the first time I've sat down and seriously practiced lead work. I've been so involved in actually writing new material and coming up with song structures that I haven't had time to practice all the frilly things that go on top of it. Up 'till now, there hasn't really been much room for guitar solos as such. The riffs we write, they're not riffs that are meant to be soloed on top of. They're melodic within themselves. But I'm a great believer than less is definitely more. I love listening to all the shreddy, widdly stuff, but I have no interest in playing it. This new album is quite guitar-orientated. The last album was, but this is definitely more melodic. Dare I say it, there are quite a lot of typical Maiden-esque harmonies in there."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth

Posted: 26.08.2006 by Damnated

Comments

Sanctimonius - 26.08.2006 at 01:13
"Dirge Inferno" rocks!! I can't wait to hear the hole album
Baz Anderson - 26.08.2006 at 03:06
the song sounds ok
sounds like stuff from 'Nymphetamine' - it is listenable but of course isnt what we really want. haha
oh well. i was expecting much worse so i suppose im half glad
Mother_North - 26.08.2006 at 04:03
this song is quit good specially what concerns dani's voice and the guitars i hope the whole album will be as good as the song
ThunderAxe1989 - 26.08.2006 at 04:04
meh, i don't really like it, i don't 'feel it'......and yeah it does sound a little too Iron Maiden-like (the guitars i mean). I'll have to give it a thumb down, sorry.
Damned-In-Black - 26.08.2006 at 04:55
I quite like it, though admittedly hope it's not the best the new album has to offer.
Dr Ikari - 26.08.2006 at 07:02
I dunno...I've seen some videos of these guys playing live recently and the band just don't sound too good. Let's see what happens
TheSlaughter - 26.08.2006 at 08:25
As long as its not Nymphetamine 2... that would be a travesty.

Nymphetamine was a terrible attempt at Celtic Frost with tacky orchestras... they should just stick to their classic style and go back to Cruelty style
NoRb3 - 26.08.2006 at 11:07
Not bad
Basso - 26.08.2006 at 14:50
rather catchy.
Princ_Of_Horror - 27.08.2006 at 08:52
What a good song..I hope this album is better then Nymphetamine..oh well it cant be worse then Damnation And A Day
kuosek^ - 27.08.2006 at 15:46
'Damnation And A Day' is a great album! :p

However, I thought that 'Thornography' will by shitty album, but now I'm sure I'll buy it : )
Eviscerator - 16.09.2006 at 01:16
Damnation and Nymph sucked ass but I'm rather impressed by this song. They changed again, musically. Good direction this time. It's not Principle but...hey
Princ_Of_Horror - 18.09.2006 at 04:42
I thinol this album is gonna be good not as good as Midian or Dusk and Her Embrace but there are geting there!
DLMokoma - 30.09.2006 at 19:41
Not bad, not bad at all.. I haven't had really any expectations to this album.

News Cradle Of Filth - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 13.5 14.09.2012 by Daniell
News Cradle Of Filth - New Song Available For Download 12 27.08.2008 by Janne
News Deftones - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 8.5 20.09.2012 by Unhealer
News Jason Newsted - New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 20.12.2012 by moe5512
News Miseration - Another New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 08.06.2012 by BaneConall