Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson will relaunch his late-night BBC 6 Music Saturday rock show on September 9 with maximum rock on the display and American metal titans Slayer as his first guests.

The network rock show will offer three hours of the best contemporary hard rock, alternative and metal between 9:00 p.m. and midnight every Saturday, produced by the Manchester- and Cambridge-based independent production company Smooth Operations.

Joining Bruce on the second show (September 16) will be Florida ska-punk legends Less Then Jake, fresh from a critically acclaimed new album.

Bruce Dickinson's radio show can be heard live on BBC 6 Music on digital radio and also online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Bruce Dickinson

Posted: 01.09.2006 by Damnated

Comments

Baz Anderson - 01.09.2006 at 12:15
i dont know what Bruce Dickinson would want to do with Less Then Jake
its rather pathetic really isnt it following Slayer
GT - 01.09.2006 at 12:30
Hmm...might be worth listning to. At least I think I'll give a try
PRIMAL FEAR - 01.09.2006 at 13:05
Should be worth a listen... but sriously, ska? less than jake?
Bas - 01.09.2006 at 19:15
guys, dont forget it says "rock show" not "metal show" and for all genres associated with rock taken together, a thrashlegend isnt really much more important then a skalegend
nefaglar - 02.09.2006 at 09:40
Lovely!
Damnated - 02.09.2006 at 23:26
How was the original show? Since I wont be hearing this one either, I'm interested in the DJ talent's of Bruce.
Syk - 05.09.2006 at 11:24
Dunno whether I should stay up all Saturday night or get up early on Sunday for this. Can someone in the UK, PM me with the time they see for me posting this?

edit: So I got up early for once. Kind of a waste since the audio stays linked for a week, ah well. Jolly good show.
HeathenBlood - 16.01.2007 at 04:54
Great!!..Keep It Up Bruce!!

News Bruce Dickinson's Son - New Vocalist Of Ophelia 6.5 24.11.2006 by Baz Anderson
News Bruce Dickinson - Movie Out Soon 6 22.04.2008 by Bad English