Century Media Records has revealed more information about the upcoming Iced Earth "Alive In Athens" DVD. The set is believed to contain video footage recorded during the band's 1999 two-night appearance at the Rodon Club in Athens, Greece which previously resulted in a two-disc live CD of the same name.
The DVD will be released at the end of October.

"Alive In Athens" DVD [cover], and track listing :

01. Intro
02. Burning Times
03. Vengeance Is Mine
04. Dark Saga
05. Last Laugh
06. Cast In Stone
07. Last December
08. Pure Evil
09. Desert Rain
10. Dante's Inferno
11. The Hunter
12. Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
13. Angels Holocaust
28. Birth Of The Wicked
29. The Coming Curse
30. Epilog

Bonus:
31. Iced Earth Backstage
32. Jon Schaffer In Athens

For Iced Earth mainman Jon Schaffer's assessment of the upcoming "Alive In Athens" DVD, read his statement at this location.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Iced Earth

Posted: 22.09.2006 by Damnated

Comments

Dam3k - 22.09.2006 at 18:25
awesomeeee I'll take a look at it
Damnated - 22.09.2006 at 18:32
look at Jon Schaffe statement!
Thryce - 22.09.2006 at 18:36
Written by Damnated on 22.09.2006 at 18:32

look at Jon Schaffe statement!

Jon Schaffer says : [...]In my opinion, this is purely a money grab on behalf of Century Media Records. The reason that it was never released before is because the footage is substandard. This was only a three-camera shoot that was done for a German music television channel called Viva.

[...]
Iced Earth will be filming a real DVD on the next world tour. This will be what the fans have been waiting for. It will consist of a 16-camera crew with cranes and a real stage show and all of the things necessary to finally bring to the fans a state-of-the-art DVD that will really give you the feeling of being at an Iced Earth show.

The decision to purchase the "Alive In Athens' DVD is up to you. I just want you to be aware of what it is you're getting should you choose to do so.
Spyroid - 22.09.2006 at 20:47
I really like this guy ^^
Dark Cornatus - 23.09.2006 at 04:06
I knew that was going to be the case when Century Media was mentioned.....
Susan - 23.09.2006 at 21:12
I'll buy it because MATT BARLOW is on it. I don't want some "state-of-the-art" concert with crappy Tim Owens on vocals, no matter how good the footage is. Watching Barlow at work in "substandard" footage is fine with me.
Futuredigga - 23.09.2006 at 23:13
Barlow is better than Owens, but Owens is one hell of an master on vocals too!
It's just that he got so much to prove to ever get accepted as Barlow's replacement.

after reading what Barlow said, I don't think Im'a buy this, but maybe I will anyway. The tracklist is crazy and the live-cds are so good.
I'll definatly get the one that they'll shoot next tour!
Dark Cornatus - 24.09.2006 at 10:31
Depends on the price i guess, if its bootleg material.
Dam3k - 26.09.2006 at 16:30
Written by Susan on 23.09.2006 at 21:12

100% agree, I don't need to add anything more cuz... probably people won't be able to understand me, as u said... lel, anyway I'm agree with what u said
MATBARLOW - 22.02.2008 at 11:57
I don't think that Mat is better than ripper but he is more suitable for Iced Earth.

News Iced Earth - New DVD In The Works, Bassist Leaves The Band 7.5 11.04.2012 by MarioVillalobos
News Iced Earth - Release Clip From New DVD 7.5 13.03.2013 by bazinko
News Iced Earth - New DVD Trailer Available 7.5 31.10.2006 by Dr.W.Gy.
News Iced Earth - Second DVD Trailer Online 7.5 08.06.2011 by Valentin B