Northern Silence Productions will release a tribute double album to Katatonia on December 12. The set includes no less than 17 bands covering 18 songs from the early and mid-'90s-era Katatonia and has a running over 100 minutes. The 20-page booklet will feature artwork by Kristian "Necrolord" Wahlin. The release will be available as limited two-CD digipack, two-CD jewel case and limited two-LP gatefold sleeve (including poster).

The track listing is as follows [cover]:

1. Foscor - "Midwinter Gates"
2. Foscor - "Gateways Of Bereavement"
3. Beatrik - "The Northern Silence"
4. Forest Stream - "Without God"
5. Aeveron - "Shades Of Emerald Fields"
6. Xasthur - "Palace Of Frost"
7. Wyrd - "In Silence Enshrined"
8. Geist - "Love Of The Swan"
9. Dark Fortress - "Endtime"
10. Loss - "Brave"
11. Forest Of Shadows - "Rainroom"
12. Helevorn - "12"
13. Forgotten Tomb - "Nowhere"
14. Bilskirnir - "Day"
15. Farsot - "I Break"
16. Fragile Hollow - "Saw You Drown"
17. October Falls - "For Funerals To Come..."
18. Hel feat. Winterheart - "Cold Ways" *

Source: northern-silence.de
Band profile: Katatonia

Posted: 28.09.2006 by Damnated

Comments

Estix - 28.09.2006 at 20:21
Interesting. I like these sorts of albums. For me personally, it's a little easier to get into the new bands by hearing them cover songs that i already like (on some occasions). Maybe i'll even get it for christmas.
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.09.2006 at 20:26
Interesting. Especially Xasthur and Bilskirnir, Bilskirnir have just covered I Break on their latest ep. But I wonder what a NSBM band like Bilskirnir is doeing on a comp. like this and what katatonia thinks of that fact
Damnated - 28.09.2006 at 21:09
Not just Xasthur and Bilskirnir are the ones I found interesting, but also Wyrd, Dark Fortress and Geist. I'm really curios what the last one will do.
O p e t h - 22.05.2007 at 18:37
i dont heard this tributes can anyone who did tell us if this album is good. from my friends opinions it sound shit the sound , vocals , all. i want and your opinion!
Sleep In Sorrow - 25.09.2007 at 20:28
I heard it and I didn't like it... Forgotten Tomb's cover of Nowhere and Forest of Shadow's cover of Rainroom sounded good, but the rest... oh, boy. The one that did "Saw You Drown" really fucked it up, Jesus!

News Tribute Album To Late Woods Of Ypres Frontman - Details Revealed 7 16.07.2012 by scapeplan
News Blut Aus Nord - New Album Details Revealed 5.5 06.09.2011 by
News OSI - New Album Details Revealed, Sampler Online 5.5 24.01.2012 by 3rdWorld
News Pavillon Rouge - Debut Album Details Revealed 5.5 30.01.2012 by Black Conundrum
News Ashes You Leave - New Album Details Revealed 5.5 07.10.2012 by