Drummer Uli Kusch (ex-Helloween) has left Masterplan, the German melodic metal band he formed with guitarist Roland Grapow. An official announcement on the matter is expected shortly...

Masterplan recently began recording its third album the group's first without singer Jorn Lande, who announced his departure in early May. The band's final show with Lande took place on August 8 at Lokersefeesten in Belgium.

According to a statement released by Masterplan in May, Lande's exit was caused by increased "musical differences" between the vocalist and the rest of the band. During the songwriting process for the group's third album, it became increasingly apparent that the other members of the band had different visions and plans for the group's musical direction. While Jorn wanted Masterplan to follow a more melodic path, the rest of the band wanted to return to the metallic roots of their debut album.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Masterplan

Posted: 07.10.2006 by CyGuy_666

Comments

Soul Raver - 07.10.2006 at 15:38
Good bye masterplan...
Dragonlord TG - 07.10.2006 at 15:51
I wouldn't say goodbye just yet. Grapow is still there. He is most important I think.
Eddie - 07.10.2006 at 16:17
Yup, don't lose all hope Though it is bad news
Baz Anderson - 07.10.2006 at 16:19
oh come on.
i dont know what to say..
i thought Uli and Roland would stay in there both together - obviously not

well whatever happens, there is going to be some big news in the future
either the band completley splitting, or the announcement of two new (hopefully fantastic) members

i kept them in my favorites this long keeping faith they would come back fighting - i just hope they can from this as well
Talvi - 07.10.2006 at 17:09
But that information doesn't tell a shit bout Uli
Spyroid - 07.10.2006 at 17:57
Okay, Helloween! Kick out Dani and take in Uli again!
Thryce - 07.10.2006 at 18:27
Written by Talvi on 07.10.2006 at 17:09

But that information doesn't tell a shit bout Uli

That's because there isn't an official statement and more info yet... The source is Blabbermouth, which means they picked up a rumor somewhere and posted is as news immediataly without concrete info and confirmations...

But read the first paragraph carefully: "Drummer Uli Kusch (ex-Helloween) has left Masterplan, the German melodic metal band he formed with guitarist Roland Grapow. An official announcement on the matter is expected shortly.."
Silhouette - 07.10.2006 at 18:33
I lost faith in Masterplan when Jørn Lande left, and now this?
Would be cool if they manage to keep going at all now, but the new members' got some big shoes to fill!
wrathchild - 07.10.2006 at 22:02
Uli Kusch is one of my favorite drummers, and somehow I couldn't get into Masterplan...

But what the news could have mentioned is that Uli founded another band, Beautiful Sin (also featuring Masterplan's keyboardist) and I've been told great things about their debut CD.
Baz Anderson - 07.10.2006 at 23:58
yes. Beautiful Sin has one album released earlier this year; 'The Unexpected'
i havent heard it though, but am eager to!
Daru Jericho - 08.10.2006 at 04:49
When I first heard about this I was so depressed. I mean, first Lande and now a founding member. Masterplan looks as good as dead right now. Still, I won't cast a certain verdict until I heard the new album and I'll see them support Saxon all the way in March so hearing the old stuff will be good enough, even if it is with a different vocalist and drummer.
Dragonlord TG - 08.10.2006 at 12:05
Masterplan is far from dead.

The new members are:
Mike Terrana - Drums
Mike DiMeo - Vocals
PyRaMaZe - 08.10.2006 at 12:27
Its as Dragonlord TG has typed, the new members are in!
ThunderAxe1989 - 08.10.2006 at 15:56
yes goodbye Masterplan......

but their second album was pretty suckish to me, it wasn't even Power Metal.
Baz Anderson - 08.10.2006 at 17:52
more like hello Masterplan!
as 'Dragonlord TG' has stated they have filled the slots
Uli has been replaced with no other then Mikey Terrana!
and Jørn with Mike DiMeo, who i currently dont know but am optimistic about
BlankFile - 08.10.2006 at 22:08
Man oh man... What is wrong with this fantástic band? Now all the members are deciding to leave the band? Such waste of talent... I hope that these departures doesn´t mean that the band is falling apart for good... It´s sad indeed...
BlankFile - 08.10.2006 at 22:11
Mike DiMeo - Roland Grapow - Mike Terrana - Jan S. Eckert - Axel Mackenrott < New Line-up

Good Luck Guys!!!! Long Live Masterplan!!

And By the way Good Luck to both Jorn Lande and Uli Kusch also! You´ll be Forever in Masterplan history!
crazypumpkin - 17.10.2006 at 16:27
sup guys, i havent been on for long time...
shit, uli left the band!!! one of my fav drummers ever, and who the hell is Mike DiMeo? well, maybe Masterplan still can kick sum ass with Roland but, well uli is uli and i hope well see "Masterplan rising" once again
Baz Anderson - 19.10.2006 at 20:57
"Former Masterplan drummer Uli Kusch has commented on his departure from the band, explaining that "we haven't inspired each other anymore," according to a press release. "And without inspiration it is not possible anymore to make music together."

Uli will concentrate on his new band Beautiful Sin with plans to release a new album in 2007."
High and Mighty - 16.05.2007 at 13:31
I loved Masterplan because of Uli, Jorn and Roland and somehow I can't get in this new member crusade of theirs... And I'm sorrier I wasn't able to attend the gig of the original lineup. But I want to see what Uli will come out with

News Haken - Bassist Quits Band 4 25.09.2013 by Candlemass
News The Gathering - Bassist Quits, Band Taking Break 4 19.01.2014 by PocketMetal
News Trouble - Kory Clarke Quits The Band, Replacement Announced 4 10.02.2012 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Adrenaline Mob - Drummer Mike Portnoy Quits Band 4 05.06.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Soilwork - Guitarist Peter Wichers Quits The Band Again 4 26.06.2012 by Kuroboshi