Shaaman - Officially Split Up

Shaaman (formerly Shaman), the Brazilian band featuring former Angra members André Matos (vocals), Luis Mariutti (bass) and Ricardo Confessori (drums), has officially split up.

According to a statement released by Confessori to the "For Tomorrow" Shaaman fan club. The break-up, which has been long rumored, is being attributed to personal and musical differences. No information is currently available regarding the bandmembers' future plans.

Shaaman released its sophomore album, "Reason", in May 2005 via AFM Records. The 10-song follow-up to 2002's "Ritual" was mixed and mastered at Heaven's Gate Studios in Wolfsburg, Germany with producer Sascha Paeth, who previously worked with such acts as Kamelot, Edguy, Rhapsody and Freedom Call. A DVD, entitled "RituAlive", came out in 2003.

Band profile: Shaman
Posted: 12.10.2006 by Jeff

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 9 users
12.10.2006 - 15:39
Baz Anderson
hmm, well thats not expected
i wonder if the two ex-Angra members are going to come up with another (better) band in the future
i wasnt really a fan of Shaaman, although the only album i had of theirs was the one people in general didnt like most
12.10.2006 - 16:25
Account deleted
I'm not a big fan. Hopefully Andre will spend his future on something I prefer.
12.10.2006 - 16:59
After the suposed slipt up of Masterplan, but instead they reemerged with a new and fresh line-up i kinda felt sad at the time, but suddenly happy once again. 2 important members left the band, its a fact, but at least the band still exists you know... Rolland Grapow is the survivor...
But now, by reading this news, man my Metal World has seriously shaken. I Was really loving this band, this new André Matos route.
Shaaman´s Mystic Metal did caught my ears at the first hearing, and now the band is broken into pieces.
Again, like Masterplan... Due to Musical and personall reasons...
Its a shoking surprise for the fans, they really didn´t diserved this... Im a very sad Metal fan at the moment. Anyway stay metal |m|
12.10.2006 - 17:05
Ooooooooh, one of my fav bands just split up :/ I loved their music, especially their debut album... Too bad.
12.10.2006 - 17:38
Rosetta Stoned
How ironic... the sticker on RituaLive says something like "all their best songs played on the top of their career"... maybe that has become true now.
Very sad though, hope the members spends their future well. They are all great musicians.
12.10.2006 - 18:21
Account deleted
12.10.2006 - 23:12
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
13.10.2006 - 01:15
what a shame! hope matos begins with new plans for the future
13.10.2006 - 03:22
i didnt expected that! thats a shame!! i love andre matos' music, and i think shaaman was a great band (i really liked "ritual")
i hope matos is willing to form another great band as angra or shaaman!
good luck for them!!!!
and remember, as much as it seems to be real, is all in your mind...
13.10.2006 - 10:02
A shame indeed...they where a great band. Hope some good new bands will come out of this

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.10.2006 - 03:48
Account deleted
I didnt expected this .... this is really bad.
Shaaman is my favourite band with Pink Floyd what a pity
Their music had the magic that a few bands only has.
A lot better than Old Angra and New Angra in my opinion.
Im really sad now.
Andre Matos will always be a genious for me.
But he most have a definitive band I think.

I say goodbye to one of the best prog/power metal bands in my opinion.
Good luck andre.
25.10.2006 - 19:57
Cloud Strife
Account deleted
Confessori will make a new Shaaman.

The others will form a new band whose line-up will be:
Vocals: Andre Matos (ex-Shaaman)
Guitars: Hugo Mariutti (ex-Shaaman)
Guitars: Andre Hernandes (Rafael Bittencourt & Hugo Mariutti teacher)
Bass: Luis Mariutti (ex-Shaaman)
Drums: Rafael Rosa (ex-Uniao)
Keyboards: Fabio Ribeiro (ex-Shaaman)
28.12.2006 - 08:22
To Arms!
andre luis and ricardo shoul return to angra edu is not very well live
Stay Metal !!!