Taken from a recent MySpace blog written by singer Mikael Stanne:

"I can´t believe it....We made it! It´s done and there is nothing I can do about it. Just got back from the studio where everything is now shipped off to Denmark where Tue Madsen will perform his magicky magic on the things we´ve been working on these last 7 weeks.

I just finished the last vocal lines a couple of days ago and it feels sweet. As always with recordings there is alot of stress and selfdoubt but being in a more than familiar environment in Martins studio(Rogue) has helped tremendously. The recordings have not only been smooth and focused but the overall feeling that we are creating something amazing has really driven us through this.

It turned out so different and diverse that the hardest thing for me now is to find a suitable title for the whole thing. How can i sum up in a title something that is everything and nothing, grounded and out there, intorvert and extra-terrestial all at the same time?

Well, keep watching this space and I will let you know soon enough.

Right now I am just so glad it´s done. Anders did a fantastic job grinding and beating (off) in the studio, Micke has delivered some really crushing bass, Martin and Niklas have really outdone themselves with great riffs and truly outstanding solos and Martin B has poured alot of misery and anxiety into his soundscapes.

Now all we do is wait for the mix, and this being our first time mixing out of house so to speak we are really excited to hear what the hell we´ve been up to!"

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity

Posted: 22.11.2006 by Hyvaarin

Comments

Warman - 22.11.2006 at 17:05
Shit, then they must tour here soon
Talvi - 22.11.2006 at 18:06
lol, no news about the release date?
AnarChrist - 22.11.2006 at 18:24
wow how many great news today
Katatronik - 22.11.2006 at 18:49
Yeah, another great DT album, I hope...
The release date?
Silhouette - 22.11.2006 at 19:17
Just news of a new DT album is always good news, but if it's really as diverse as mr. Stanne says, this ought to be awesome!
Hope the release isn't too far away!

Silhouette.
legionairre - 22.11.2006 at 19:20
DT is awsome i was hoping for a new record soon from them but i havent heard much till now, and again if anybody knows the release date in north america then please tell me.:banger:
RavenLord - 22.11.2006 at 19:57
Written by Silhouette on 22.11.2006 at 19:17

Hope the release isn't too far away!

Silhouette.

Artists always hype their new albums. Still, DT haven't dissapointed yet, and so I look forward to the release of their album...I hope they come to Ireland this time!
Opium Magnet - 22.11.2006 at 21:58
I hope this new one didn't become as old as their last one. I still like the band's other material, but there was barely anything that interested me about their last album.
Silhouette - 22.11.2006 at 23:12
Written by RavenLord on 22.11.2006 at 19:57

Written by Silhouette on 22.11.2006 at 19:17

Hope the release isn't too far away!

I wouldn't really call it "hyping", and as an artist myself, I know what I'm talking about. If You create something You're really proud of, then why not just state that? Of course, we might not like it as much as he does. Or we will. As You say, DT are not a band who usually dissapoint their fans!

But this time, he doesn't just state that it's good, but that it's very varied, and since I consider variation a very good thing, this ought to be good.
...and Mikael Stanne seems like a good guy to trust, right?

Hope You get to see them in Ireland, I am definitely going to catch them back home in Sweden this time!

Silhouette.
X-FrEaK - 22.11.2006 at 23:53
Written by Silhouette on 22.11.2006 at 23:12

...and Mikael Stanne seems like a good guy to trust, right?

bet on that cant wait to hear it...and it would be awesome if they showed up in Portugal
Dr Ikari - 23.11.2006 at 01:09
Please come back to Colombia for the new album tour!!!!
Thryce - 04.12.2006 at 14:18
Swedish metallers Dark Tranquillity have issued the following update:

"A video clip from the recording sessions of the new album can now be found here. It's pretty short, but captures the general vibe as well as offering some crude-but-hopefully-interesting previews of some of the new songs."

News Dark Tranquillity - New Album Available For Streaming 9 19.02.2010 by Uirapuru
News Dark Tranquillity - New Album Title Revealed 9 28.11.2009 by BloodTears
News Dark Tranquillity - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 9 10.01.2013 by FeskarN
News Dark Moor - Finish Recording New Album 8.5 30.09.2006 by Icewings