Norwegian black metallers Mayhem have finished recording their new album, "Ordo Ad Chao".

Guitarist Blasphemer (aka Rune Erickson) comments: "The sound is raw and powerful, and listening to it, it reminds me of the Wolf's Lair Abyss era, only more varied and more philosophical. The album also contains the most aggressive songs in the Mayhem history as well as the most wicked and darkest."

"Ordo Ad Chao" is tentatively scheduled for release in April, 2007 via Season Of Mist. The album will initially be avaialble in very exclusive packaging.

Source: thetruemayhem.com
Band profile: Mayhem

Posted: 11.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

Spyroid - 11.12.2006 at 22:13
Wasn't it supposed to be released like december 2005? xP
Opium Magnet - 11.12.2006 at 22:29
I think we should all be happy it's just coming, FINALLY.
caB^^ - 11.12.2006 at 22:32
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 22:29

I think we should all be happy it's just coming, FINALLY.

Yes indeed, I am looking forward to hear the new stuff ^^
NoRb3 - 11.12.2006 at 22:37
I hope this new album is just as good or even better than "Chimera".
Basso - 11.12.2006 at 23:36
Why did my post get deleted?..... I said almost the same as NoRb3... censorship sucks
Daru Jericho - 11.12.2006 at 23:48
Looking forward to this release but I don't think it will be as promising as they make it out to be.
jadawal - 12.12.2006 at 00:23
modern mayhem is for the mentally challenged, censor that one
Katatronik - 12.12.2006 at 14:25
Finally! I hope in a good album, as Chimera but not as Grand Declaration Of War...
Is Attila the singer in this new album, right?
Slyfang - 12.12.2006 at 14:27
Written by Katatronik on 12.12.2006 at 14:25

Is Attila the singer in this new album, right?

yup
wrathchild - 12.12.2006 at 15:54
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 23:36

It's not censorship: two threads were created for the same news article. That happens very often and that's a bug we'll have to deal with for some time.
There's no way to tell which of the two threads we will remove, and it happened that the thread in which you had posted was the one to be removed. Sorry about that, but then again, there's no other way to do it.
Sunioj - 12.12.2006 at 16:33
Interesting, I wonder how attila will sound on this one...
Basso - 12.12.2006 at 17:28
Written by wrathchild on 12.12.2006 at 15:54

Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 23:36

Oh then I understand. Thanks for informing me, had no idea.
Phobik - 14.12.2006 at 15:43
Attila on vocals again...

...Fallen souls die behind my steps
By following the freezing moon...

I hope this new album won't be like "Chimera" (Maniac really sucks on vocals) and it'll be like "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas".
spirit_inblack - 14.12.2006 at 18:44
Finally. We have all been waiting a while. I can't wait for this because Attila is doing the vocals. I doubt that we'll get another De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, but I think this should be a good album. Can't wait to pick it up.
HellRaiz0r - 07.01.2007 at 04:00
attila is back and thats bad, actually anyone is bad, mayhem ended long ago. Its not gonna be another De mysteriis dom sathanas cause De mysteriis dom sathanas was not a great album due to attila, anyway this albums gonna suck like wolfs lair abyss and the OMFGrand declaration of war and chimera.
Mayhem lost their spirit long ago, just take a look at the album title... damn this should not even be called mayhem, if euronymous and dead were here to listen mayhem last albums (specialy the OMFGrand declaration of war) they would suicide imediatly.
I hope this new album sells exactly 0 copies, so the tortured souls of Oysten Aarseth and Per Yngve Ohlin can rest in hell, in peace.
BreadGod - 07.01.2007 at 06:03
Hooray, I can't wait to hear it! Ever since "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas", I have been impatiently waiting for a new Mayhem album featuring Attila on vocals, and hearing that they've completed this album, I am filled with joy. I am going to add their album to my "List of albums that I plan to by... if I can convince my mother to buy it for me".
Paganblood - 06.03.2007 at 06:27
I wish Mayhem would release something like their old 'de mysteriis dom sathanas'...

News Cloudscape - New Album Completed, Artwork Revealed 5.5 04.12.2011 by Kuroboshi
News Thy Majestie - Five Songs Completed For New Album 5.5 18.06.2006 by Lupas
News Monolithe - New Album Completed 5.5 17.07.2013 by mz
News Swallow The Sun - New Album Recording Completed 5.5 14.10.2006 by CyGuy6587
News Hatesphere - Show Postponed, New Album Completed 5.5 14.11.2008 by LeChron James