Iron Maiden have announced that they will be headlining the Desert Rock Festival in Dubai on Friday 9th March 2007. The supporting bill for this day is currently The Prodigy as Special Guests plus Stone Sour, In Flames, Mastodon, Children of Bodom, Lauren Harris and Junkyard Groove.

This will be the fourth Desert Rock Festival in Dubai since it started in 2004 and it will take place at the Dubai Country Club. Tickets will be made available and details can be seen at the official Desert Rock Festival website -
www.desertrockfestival.com

Manager Rod Smallwood comments: "Maiden have always enjoyed and been prepared to visit and play in new parts of the World and this is certainly no exception. We expect to take the full European stage Production and as its our first time there. We will adjust the set to include more of the favourites these fans wont have heard live before along with selected tracks from our new album 'A Matter of Life and Death' which has been very successful in Arabia with a Top 5 Chart entry. As this tour has been so much fun we may even add a couple more special shows in mid-March..."

Iron Maiden vocallist Bruce Dickinson comments: "This is certainly something new to us as I don't believe anyone from the band has ever played here at all so we're all really looking forward to this. We all enjoy touring where we've always had fantastic support but there is something always a bit special about playing to new fans in a part of the world you'd never really expected to play. It certainly looks and sounds like a great festival and line up and I'm already planning a special BruceAir trip out for this one which will be amazing I'm sure."

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Event: Desert Rock Festival

Posted: 24.12.2006 by HeathenBlood

Comments

Warman - 24.12.2006 at 14:02
Fuck, I just added this news, guess HeathenBlood was faster than me then
Spyroid - 24.12.2006 at 14:56
OMG I would love to go there! There's always so many cool bands, it's the fucking coolest place on earth to have a festival. Haha, I've actually been in Dubai ^^
ThunderAxe1989 - 25.12.2006 at 01:36
i think that by the looks of the set, the festival sounds sad . I mean Children Of Bodom and In Flames were good but then they sold out blatantly
HeathenBlood - 25.12.2006 at 15:19
Haahaaha!!! great....Ok Warman,Next time I'm sure You'll post news Of Maiden first.
dancingdecember - 25.12.2006 at 17:13
how about playing to oooold fans for the first time maiden?alas,that looks like a great festival
Xtreme Jax - 30.12.2006 at 18:20
This will definalty bring more people in!! Good news that their playing a bit of the new album and the classics. Read some complaints on websites that the recent gigs they've prefromed havent been 'great' because hardly any of the classics were in the setlist.

Oh well, my friend isnt a metalhead but she knows the importance of seeing them live.... just so she can rub my nose in it

News Iron Maiden - Headlining Download Festival 2013, Steve Harris Solo Album Streaming 7.5 20.09.2012 by Void Eater
News Québec City Summer Festival - Iron Maiden Confirmed 7.5 29.04.2010 by ApocalypticaMax3
News Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2009 - Full Line Up Announced 7 23.01.2009 by LeChron James
Events UAE, Dubai - Desert Rock Festival 6 26.11.2006 by kakalokola