Vanishing Point bassist Steve Cox has posted the following message on the official Vanishing Point forum, announcing his departure from the band:

"Hey guys... just thought I'd put a post up letting you know that I've left VP. It's nothing personal (or even musical) but just what's best for the band. I've been in VP for a year now and a lotta stuff has happened in my personal life which has required me to remove myself from the band. I've loved being a part of VP, and I will continue to be a fan - you will see me up the front at all their shows! - but I'm pleased to hand the bass duties over to my good friend Adrian Alimic... who is an absolute monster of a bass player. Wait til you see this guy!

Chris, Silvio, Tom, Jack and Lennard are like brothers to me and I hold them all in such high esteem, it's been a great experience for me, and I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.

I truly believe that the next Vanishing Point album will be their best, just wait til you hear it!"

Vanishing Point are currently recording their follow-up album to Embrace The Silence which is expected to be released in early 2007.

Source: sinister.com.au
Band profile: Vanishing Point

Posted: 24.12.2006 by Eternal Flames

Comments

DLMokoma - 24.12.2006 at 16:13
First the drummer, then the bassist, too bad.
Eight - 25.12.2006 at 11:08
indeed, what the hell is happening.. thats the end of the band probably...
Eternal Flames - 25.12.2006 at 13:13
They've got the replacement on bass already though. Steve has handed the bass duties over to his mate Adrian. So they need not worry about searching for a bassist. I don't think this is the end of the band however. They're still recording their upcoming album, so hopefully they'll just be able to find a drummer soon. It's just a shame that Steve left the band after only such a short time with them.
Opium Magnet - 27.12.2006 at 04:05
They'll pull through... too bad their last album wasn't all it turned out to be.
Xtreme Jax - 27.12.2006 at 05:49
Its good news that they already have a replacement bassist.
Dont this it will be the end of the band.. they just need to find a drummer then hopefully record the new album soon.

News Vanishing Point - Find New Bassist, More Album News 7.5 01.01.2007 by Eternal Flames
News Vanishing Point - Sign With AFM Records, New Album On The Way 6 22.11.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Vanishing Point - Launches Search For New Drummer 6 15.01.2007 by Eternal Flames
News Vanishing Point - Announce New Keyboardist 6 07.08.2008 by LeChron James
News Vanishing Point - New Album On The Way 6 24.11.2009 by =maD.Doc:.