After embarking on their first Australian tour in 2006, Dragonforce have decided to return to Australian shores again in 2007. The following message was posted on their official website:

"Dragonforce will return to Australia in May 2007 as part of their Inhuman Rampage World Tour. This is will be Dragonforce's second time in Australia touring in support of their latest album. Tickets go on sale 16th Feb 2007 nationally in Australia."

The tour dates are as follows:

May 09 2007 - Australia, Sydney - The Forum (all ages)
May 10 2007 - Australia, Brisbane - The Arena (all ages)
May 12 2007 - Australia, Adelaide - Fowlers Live (all ages)
May 13 2007 - Australia, Perth - The Capitol (18+)
May 15 2007 - Australia, Melbourne - The Hi-Fi (18+)
May 16 2007 - Australia, Melbourne - The Hi-Fi (all ages)

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce
Event: DragonForce: Australian Tour

Posted: 27.12.2006 by Eternal Flames

Comments

ThunderAxe1989 - 27.12.2006 at 19:54
Lucky Aussies! Though I have heard bad things about this band's live performances.
Dark Cornatus - 27.12.2006 at 21:27
They were not that great last time they were here, i dont really like their music (except Valley of the Damned) let alone their stage act, which is just childish most of the time. The best thing they did was a keyboard solo that sent me into tears of laughter, it was cool. They are like COB and wear makeup too on stage... why?
Opium Magnet - 27.12.2006 at 22:07
*sigh* We've already had them over here once and I did not care, I still don't care now. Give me any other power metal band over these guys any day of the week.
Savage Messiah - 28.12.2006 at 01:29
....Why can't they stop over in New Zealand on their way out? Seriously? Bands never fucking come here, it's pathetic.
Eternal Flames - 28.12.2006 at 01:49
It quite surprised me that they're coming back at all. I'm not a huge fan myself, except for the first album which was pretty good. Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage just got very repetitive. I haven't seen any of their live performances except for the few "fuck-ups" I downloaded a few years ago with Herman getting his hair tangled in the guitar neck . But I certainly do agree we need more power metal down here. We did have Gamma Ray and now Blind Guardian in February, but unfortunately both ended up overage here. Therefore, I might just go see them this time, unless of course, a better band tour here around the same time.
Dark Cornatus - 28.12.2006 at 03:42
Look at the order they are touring... does that not seem fucked up to anyone else? They are zig zagging everywhere....
Eternal Flames - 28.12.2006 at 03:48
@Dark Cornatus - haha, shit, I didn't realise that. That is pretty fucked up. I'd have expected them to play Brisbane first, then Sydney, Melbourne and just in a clockwise order. I suppose it's the tour managers that probably screwed that one up. As for the show, was their last tour here really bad? Because I would like to go see them as I haven't seen them before, but if it's overtly bad, I think I'll skip it. I've heard a few say it was really boring and a few had said it was quite enjoyable. I don't want to be blowing away my money so easily.
Opium Magnet - 28.12.2006 at 07:53
Meh, it just costs them more to travel in that particular order yes?
Syk - 28.12.2006 at 08:05
The part-NZ members are ignoring their roots. Just more reason to hate these guys...
Dark Cornatus - 28.12.2006 at 10:41
@Gordana: It wasnt that bad, but i heard only good things about their live act beforehand, which is fine if you like a kindergarten performance. They were alright, it wasnt anywhere near the worst gigs ive been to, they were better than COB. Just hope the keyboardost does his thing again, that was awesome, he was playing it behind his back and with his teeth like Jimmi Hendrix.
Hyvaarin - 28.12.2006 at 11:13
Haha fuck yes, this time I'll get to actually *see* them . I've gone off them a lot (almost entirely), but it'll still be a hugely entertaining show, I can't wait. A bit annoying that it's All-Ages, though.
insanity.peppers - 28.12.2006 at 11:22
We're talking about a bunch of alcohol-raged smoking wankers here, so don't be surprised if you get a childish show. I dunno, they played the music well (in my opinion) and cracked lots of jokes along teh way so I'd gladly see them again (though I'm kinda off their formulaic stylings at the moment). And maybe Lord will support them unlike bloody Black Majesty -_-
Judas - 03.01.2007 at 15:46
@Hyvaarin: Now that we're 18 we can become elitists! DOWN WITH UNDERAGE KIDS!

They put on a good live show, even if I'm not their hugest fan. I'll probably check it out, if they play as well as they did when I saw them in Folkestone in November, it should be worth it.

News Kamelot - Announce N. American Tour With DragonForce 5.5 14.09.2014 by Steadydrummer619
News Conan - Announce Australian Tour 5.5 28.05.2014 by xen
News Amorphis - Announce First Ever Australian Tour In October 5.5 07.05.2013 by lial87
News Epica - Announce First Ever Australian Tour 5.5 18.10.2012 by Night Theater
News Enslaved - Announce Australian Tour 5.5 21.03.2013 by Ace Frawley