Pig Destroyer: "Writing and rehearsing for Phantom Limb are almost all done," Scott Hull says from his home in Virginia, as Pig Destroyer prepare to enter Omega Studios (immortalized by Bad Brains' The Omega Sessions) to record their fourth album. "Very different writing process this time around. I wrote and demoed all the tracks in my studio with the drum machine—not much differently than I would do with Agoraphobic Nosebleed—then presented all the songs completed to the rest of the band for practice."

The guitarist and producer has been doing a lot of practicing on his own as of late: "I've been doing a lot of studying at Omega with their engineers and in their rooms," he explains. "I'm slowly putting myself in the position to produce bands, which is something I've never really been prepared to do. I produced Phobia's Cruel this year and had a good experience. I've grown in the process of completing some movie scores as well. One of which, for a film called Sanctified, really put my music knowledge to the test as the score includes a lot of actual orchestral pieces I had to compose."

While the band's signature metagrind attack remains more or less intact, Hull notes that Phantom Limb will be "leaner, meaner than Terrifyer, more metal, a little burlier. At the same time I think the songs are better, just because of the change in the writing process. Plus, Blake Harrison, our noise and sample guy, really adds to the chaos. Not to mention, since Terrifyer we've really gotten eggheaded about gear and defining what sounds we want to get. As Todd Barry would say; 'This shit's going to be slicker than a YES album.'"

Source: smnnews.com
Band profile: Pig Destroyer

Posted: 15.01.2007 by pyroleprechaun

Comments

Katatronik - 15.01.2007 at 20:53
Ahh yeah, Pig Destroyer are ready to destroy again!
I'm looking forward for the new album, yeah!
Darth Satanious - 15.01.2007 at 21:01
I am eager to hear what Harrison will add to the band and I hope it will turn out for the best. I hope that this "more Metal" approach does not mean that it will be slower and cleaner.
Dangerboner - 15.01.2007 at 22:12
Grind bands tend to slow down as they progress. Hopefully Pig Destroyer won't. I can't wait for this
Jesus_Puncher - 15.01.2007 at 23:05
i'm looking forward to this release....its cool that it's going to be more metal,but i was liking the melvins type shit they did with "terrifyer" (restraining Order blues and others)
spirit_inblack - 17.01.2007 at 03:36
Yay, finally some news about the new album. Sounds like it's going to be nothing short of a masterpiece. I am very interested as to what the cover art is going to be like for the new album.
Constellation - 18.01.2007 at 08:23
im a little sketched about the new album, i mean terrifyer was awesome and what not and pig destroyer is one of my favourite bands, but i prefered the organic sound of prowler in the yard, it had an all around better feel to it, im afraid of pig destroyer just sounding mechanized or like any other grind band. im still looking forward to it though

News Pig Destroyer - New Album Details 10.5 08.08.2012 by BoxCar Willy
News Pig Destroyer - New Album Teaser Online 9 30.08.2012 by BoxCar Willy
News Pig Destroyer - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 16.10.2012 by Lit.
News Pig Destroyer - New Album Completed 9 02.04.2007 by Herzebeth