Season Of Mist Records have made a new Mayhem track, 'Anti', available for download at this location.

The track is to be featured on Mayhem's new album, "Ordo Ad Chao", tentatively scheduled for release in April.

Mayhem guitarist Blasphemer (aka Rune Erickson) recently commented on the forthcoming new album, stating: "The sound is raw and powerful, and listening to it, it reminds me of the Wolf's Lair Abyss era, only more varied and more philosophical. The album also contains the most aggressive songs in the Mayhem history as well as the most wicked and darkest."

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Mayhem

Posted: 23.01.2007 by Thryce (brb)

Comments

Katatronik - 23.01.2007 at 13:04
Hmmm... I don't know...
One song doesn't reflect the entire album, but I don't like too much this one...
Götter - 23.01.2007 at 14:37
okay, this sounds pretty bad...
NECURATU - 23.01.2007 at 15:00
Mayhem have always been a mighty kick in the nuts. And this song ain't an exception. Can't wait to get my hands on the album.
Darth Satanious - 23.01.2007 at 16:00
Attila is fukken back! The song is kind of tamed, that is the word I can use right now; good nonetheless.
Sunioj - 23.01.2007 at 16:56
Not bad at all....
Basso - 23.01.2007 at 17:34
After the worthless Chimera this sounds like a huuuge improvement. Atila's vocals still slay!
Noncorpus - 23.01.2007 at 18:02
Yes i like this much more than Chimera.
Doc Godin - 24.01.2007 at 01:47
nah....this kinda sucks, call me insane but I really dont like attilla...at all.
Hyvaarin - 24.01.2007 at 14:10
I liked Attila's performance. The song was ok - nothing really *wrong* with it, but it didn't strike me as being especially spectacular or memorable or anything.
Slyfang - 25.01.2007 at 20:34
baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?
Darth Satanious - 25.01.2007 at 21:16
Written by Slyfang on 25.01.2007 at 20:34

baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?

Maniac has nothing wrong in his vocals and I hold in high esteem his works with Mayhem, including those spoken parts in songs. However, Attila has this fukken unique way of screaming and these chant-like vocals that I very much enjoy. I longed to hear more works from him with Mayhem. I would also like to hear more works of Mayhem with Dead but for this reunion I will have to wait a little longer.
BitterCOld - 25.01.2007 at 23:57
Hellhammer sounded great, but the song seemed just ok to me. His almost overdramatic vocals at times amuse me.
Kaamos - 26.01.2007 at 00:06
Don't really like the guitar sound, not sharp enough. Attila doesn't disappoint, and overall, not bad.
Daru Jericho - 27.01.2007 at 00:12
I heard this song a while ago and it wasn't bad. I think I need to give it more listens though. It's certainly Attila...
Manilla - 27.01.2007 at 07:15
Hey folks, at the end of this song there is clearly some spoken word recorded backwards. I was just wondering, does anyone know what the backwards statement says forwards? It can be reversed using simple sound software, my mic's just not working at the moment. Let me know, thanks!
Xtreme Jax - 27.01.2007 at 16:57
Hmm, wasn't bad, actually quite liked it. Played it to it after listening 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas' album, didnt match up to that but still enjoyed it.

Might have to pick this new ablum up when it's released.
Slyfang - 03.02.2007 at 04:15
Written by Darth Satanious on 25.01.2007 at 21:16

Written by Slyfang on 25.01.2007 at 20:34

baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?

sorry to break this to you, but Dead has been dead for like 20 years..
Darth Satanious - 12.02.2007 at 05:26
Written by Slyfang on 03.02.2007 at 04:15

Written by Darth Satanious on 25.01.2007 at 21:16

Written by Slyfang on 25.01.2007 at 20:34

baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?

sorry to break this to you, but Dead has been dead for like 20 years..

What makes you think that I don't know that Dead is dead?
Slyfang - 13.02.2007 at 23:48
Written by Darth Satanious on 12.02.2007 at 05:26

Written by Slyfang on 03.02.2007 at 04:15

Written by Darth Satanious on 25.01.2007 at 21:16

Written by Slyfang on 25.01.2007 at 20:34

baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?

sorry to break this to you, but Dead has been dead for like 20 years..

What makes you think that I don't know that Dead is dead?

i quote: 'I would also like to hear more works of Mayhem with Dead but for this reunion I will have to wait a little longer'
Darth Satanious - 16.02.2007 at 14:01
Written by Slyfang on 13.02.2007 at 23:48

Written by Darth Satanious on 12.02.2007 at 05:26

Written by Slyfang on 03.02.2007 at 04:15

Written by Darth Satanious on 25.01.2007 at 21:16

Written by Slyfang on 25.01.2007 at 20:34

baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?

sorry to break this to you, but Dead has been dead for like 20 years..

What makes you think that I don't know that Dead is dead?

Yeah, a reunion in Hell once they are all dead.

I have been listening to Anti quite often these days. I have to say that this song has passed to be regarded by me as brilliant. Now what I described as tamed I look as somber, obscure. Blasphemer makes that guitar to sound like a fucking violin and Hellhammer and his drumming leave a lot to say too. It isn't as if he drums for the sake of accompanying the rest of the instruments, but he actually gets to complement the music by making what comes to be a well timed hit in the cymbals or the drums to coordinate with the end of a riff, or its change, etc. This isn't as these other Black Metal drummers that only know about keeping blast beats for like 30 seconds, throw some fancy shit, and then return to blast beats. But Hellhammer's drumming talent is nothing new to discuss about though.

Mayhem keeps on separating themselves from the rest of the pack.
Lucas - 16.02.2007 at 15:01
Most aggresive and darkest. Yeah sure.

I'll have to hear it before I believe it. And it doesn't work. I'll try it after my return.
Lucas - 21.02.2007 at 16:09
I've heard it know and it is quite good stuff. This could be a very good release!
Doc Godin - 22.02.2007 at 07:18
Written by Slyfang on 25.01.2007 at 20:34

baah.. am i the only one that wants Maniac back?

No. I dislike that song more and more every time I listen to it, the timing on it is dreadful.
Trifixion - 26.02.2007 at 04:54
To me it definitely sounds like something that needs a couple of listens before you get the jist of it. Attila however sounds as fuckin awesome as he always has.
Mental_Orgasm - 31.03.2007 at 02:58
that song is pretty average, i hope the rest of the cd is better. Say wat u want Atilla is good but Maniac is way better in my opinion

News Mayhem - New Video Online 7.5 24.11.2008 by Lucas
News Mayhem - Another New Song Streaming Online 7.5 08.04.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Mayhem - Another New Song Streaming Online 7.5 12.05.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Holocausto Canibal - Sign With Xtreem Music, New Song Online 5.5 13.02.2012 by BloodTears
News Blind Guardian - New Music Online 5.5 03.05.2008 by Varegan