Vintersorg - New Album Released Soon

According to, Swedish folk metallers Vintersorg are scheduled to release their new album, "Solens Rötter" (artwork here), on April 27th in Europe and on May 22nd in North America via Napalm Records. The album title translates in English to The Origin Of The Sun.

The album was recently described as "Hymn-like passages, traditional Nordic soundscapes, cold Black Metal, and Swedish lyrics come together to forge this latest masterpiece."

Tracks to appear on the release include: 'Kosmosaik', 'Naturens Mystär', 'Vad Aftonvindens Andning Viskar', 'Spirar och Gror', 'Strålar'.

More details to follow.

Band profile: Vintersorg
Posted: 01.02.2007 by Thryce (brb)

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 5 users
01.02.2007 - 21:58
Angel of Lust
Essential and weak artwork but... can't wait to hear something new about Vintersorg songs, I'm looking forward to the new album!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
02.02.2007 - 02:03
Somehow I don't like what Mr Hedlund is doing as of late. The last two Vintersorg albums were a bit too experimental, and don't get me started on Cronian. I don't ask for a second Ödemarken's Son, but something more in the vein of Cosmic Genesis would be nice again.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
02.02.2007 - 05:23
The Alchemist
I think that this new album will be a good one, like Promonex, I hope this one will be like Cosmic Genesis

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
02.02.2007 - 07:17
Pretty cool artwork. I'm very interested in hearing this.
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
02.02.2007 - 16:10
Nice with new stuff from Vintersorg...hope it's good

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.02.2007 - 02:09
Daru Jericho
I hope they continue with this prog/folk thing they've been doing recently.
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.02.2007 - 05:39
Well it seems like they got back to the folky stage. The cover art seems simple too, but I would have to see the details better. But I'm always whiling to listen something new from Mr. V.
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences