Manowar has revealed the tracklist of the upcoming album "Gods Of War". The cover was fully unveiled last week ago already and can be found here. The tracklist reads as follows:

01. Overture To The Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors
16. Die For Metal [bonus]

Source: manowar.com
Band profile: Manowar

Posted: 06.02.2007 by Promonex

Comments

Promonex - 06.02.2007 at 21:54
Cheesiness prevails! Chains, swords, tits, gargoyles and tentacles, paired with lyrics pretending to be about Norse mythology, that's exactly what the world's been waiting for!
Spyroid - 06.02.2007 at 22:53
Overture To The Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors
CHEEEEEEEEESEEEEEEEEEE
Sanvean - 06.02.2007 at 23:09
They should be ashamed of themeselves!
Götter - 06.02.2007 at 23:11
Nobody could need more Odin than is available on this album.
BrightNight - 07.02.2007 at 00:07
My god, this is just to much to handle
iaberis - 07.02.2007 at 00:37
Mercy please!!! That's really for the poutso! Lame as hell!!!
Judas - 07.02.2007 at 01:59
All those who blaspheme, you are hereby declared wimps and posers. Leave the hall.

This has all the hallmarks of being yet another awesome Manowar album (well, they're all awesome, because they're all pretty similar!), with the great cover, great title, and great song names. Can't wait!
Hyvaarin - 07.02.2007 at 02:59
Written by Judas on 07.02.2007 at 01:59

Agreed, sickening amounts of posery in this thread .

This release will be awesome.
MUSIC? - 07.02.2007 at 03:40
Athought I've been kicked from "the hall" once before, I'm just going to poke my head here to shout "FUCKING LOL"

. . . Editing for hilarity

08. Overture To Odin
09. The Blood Of Odin
10. The Sons Of Odin
14. Odin

That's classic, but this wins:

"Overture To The Hymn Of The Immortal Warriors"

I'm going to buy this album just because the track names are the best I've heard ever.
HeathenBlood - 07.02.2007 at 06:51
This will be a good release..
Eight - 07.02.2007 at 11:32
Whoa, never seen so many Odins at one time
AnGina-- - 07.02.2007 at 13:34
Yea, so many Odins.. Where did Thor go??
Taktsekte - 07.02.2007 at 14:07
"Blood Brothers"? I hope this is no Iron Maiden cover. I have never liked Manowar at all.

Anyway, I miss some "[insert substantive here] Of Steel" in this album. Just a bonus track entitled "Die for Metal" isn't Manowar enough. :p

"Hymn of the Immortal Warriors", "Glory Majesty Unity" lololololol...
Carrion - 07.02.2007 at 16:03
They sure like Odin
matthioso - 07.02.2007 at 16:28
I'm curious about this album.
The title seems to be created by Nanowar instead of Manowar
and there shure is a lot of Odin.
but the other songs all have nice titles and I like Manowar.
Unicron - 07.02.2007 at 16:28
Up to this album I pretty much liked every album cover, but this one ... meh I don't like it.
But the music shall be as great as always, at least the song titles sound very promising.
Jay - 07.02.2007 at 19:42
Oh dear god they've got to be joking with those song names...
Overture To The Army of Immortal Blood Sons of Odin of The King of Kings of Odin Of Fire?

..just kidding. I'll have to check the new album just as usual
Taktsekte - 07.02.2007 at 20:02
Written by Jay on 07.02.2007 at 19:42

Oh dear god they've got to be joking with those song names...

..just kidding. I'll have to check the new album just as usual

Yeah, Manowar of Fire is coming!
MUSIC? - 08.02.2007 at 09:22
Written by matthioso on 07.02.2007 at 16:28

The title seems to be created by Nanowar instead of Manowar

I wish.
Howie - 08.02.2007 at 18:06
AWESOME.
TheWarlord - 09.02.2007 at 16:03
Cant wait to here those songs !!!
Daru Jericho - 11.02.2007 at 05:58
They suuure love Odin. They're giving Amon Amarth a run for their money.
acid_burn - 11.02.2007 at 17:19
Oh come on, what do you expect of Manowar? We all know them so this is not surprising at all.. I love their music and I can't wait for the album! No matter how the cover looks like or what the song names are..;)
ThunderAxe1989 - 13.02.2007 at 03:43
@Sanvean: dude shut up .......and don't you also like Rhapsody Of Fire

anyway this new album might be their best yet, I loved the EP to death! Some may call this cheese, I call it EPIC! This si the type of shit that makes me proud to be a Metal Fan! I will be picking this one up!
rocknut - 25.02.2007 at 13:29
It's impossible to be objective about Manowar. You either find the whole thing utterly ridiculous or it makes you 'proud to like metal music'.
Personally I find their own lack of self absurdity totally hilarious...and I DO like metal music. These guys make Spinal Tap look like TOOL.
Manowar, and this is just my owm opinion, embody everything that makes heavy metal an object of ridicule. There's no sense of irony, no self deprecation.....just 4 guys that think the world revolves around them and anyone who doesn't 'get' them is merely not worthy of their attention.
This album is almost 10 minutes old before there is one note of electric music, and of the 16 songs here there are 7 that contain nothing more than what sounds like the audio from He-Man has been lifted from an old video tape and laid onto the cd verbatim. It is completely overblown and absurd.........and the lyrics to the last song "Die For Metal" have to heard to be believed, if you can choke back the tears of hilarity for a few seconds that is. Derek St Hubbins eat your heart out.

Truly, this is one of the worst albums I have ever heard.
Promonex - 09.03.2007 at 14:27
Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 13:29

Indeed. I've seen another webzine not filing this under "album reviews", but under "audio book reviews" instead
eagleheart - 10.03.2007 at 22:44
I heard that there are more intros than real songs in this lp.
IconMaiden - 01.04.2008 at 04:36
Just when you though Manowar, a band I absolutely adore despite the cheesiness of...all their songs, couldn't get any more stupid, this comes out. Half of the tracks are intros with narration from someone who is not named Orson Welles.

News Verminous - New Album Cover Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 7 18.03.2013 by RottingDeathHead
News Ulver - New Album Tracklist And Cover Revealed 7 06.08.2007 by Spyroid
News Nominon - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 7 24.02.2010 by JÄY
News Memoira - New Album Cover And Tracklist Revealed 7 11.10.2013 by Angel_Lament
News Ævangelist - New Album Cover And Tracklist Revealed 7 17.07.2014 by mz