Norwegian symphonic black metallers Dimmu Borgir have finalized the track listing for their new album, "In Sorte Diaboli", due in North America on April 24 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD will arrive in Europe on April 30 (April 27 in Germany).

"In Sorte Diaboli" was recorded and mixed at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, Sweden with producers Fredrik Nordström and Patrik J. Sten. A limited-edition digipack version of the CD will include the bonus cut "The Ancestral Fever" along with a bonus DVD containing the video for the album's opening track, "The Serpentine Offering", shot by director Patric Ullaeus of Sweden's Revolver Film Company. Ordering information on both the regular and digipack version can be found at www.cdon.com.

"In Sorte Diaboli" track listing:

01. The Serpenitine Offering
02. The Chosen Legacy
03. The Conspiracy Unfolds
04. The Ancestral Fever (bonus track)
05. The Sacrilegious Scorn
06. The Fallen Arise
07. The Sinister Awakening
08. The Fundamental Alienation
09. The Invaluable Darkness
10. The Foreshadowing Furnace

As previously reported, Nuclear Blast Records has launched a special "In Sorte Diaboli" news page at this location.

Dimmu Borgir guitarist Silenoz previously told Revolver magazine that the songwriting and recording process for the group's long-anticipated follow-up to 2003's "Death Cult Armageddon" involved none of the intensive pre-production of their last two discs, no demos, and no gallinvanting around with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. "It's definitely going to sound way more epic and bigger than we thought, because Mustis [keyboards] has also contributed with his keyboard ideas," said Silenoz. "I have to admit that some of the keyboard things on 'Death Cult Armageddon' sound better on the demo version than [their symphony versions] on the album. I probably shouldn't say that, but it's true."

This will be Dimmu's first concept album, a story set in always-epic Medieval Europe that also serves as a treatise on the modern-day political and social abuses of organized religion. "There's this dude that works as a priest's assistant, and after a while he just discovers that he has nothing to do with Christianity," said Silenoz of the storyline, which he conceived in full before even a note of music was composed. "He just sort of has this awakening and realizes that he has different abilities and different powers and is leaning more to the dark side."

Dimmu Borgir's current recording lineup is as follows:

Shagrath - Vocals
Silenoz - Guitars
Galder - Guitars
Vortex - Bass
Mustis - Keys
Hellhammer - Drums

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir

Posted: 11.02.2007 by pyroleprechaun

Comments

Yova - 11.02.2007 at 16:51
can't wait for it to come out
..HumanError.. - 11.02.2007 at 16:53
OoOooOoOooOoOH GREAT!
NoRb3 - 11.02.2007 at 17:03
Good but where is "The Heretic Hammer"
Lucas - 11.02.2007 at 17:14
Wow. They must like the word 'the'. Is this a new form of concept-albums?
Arian Totalis - 11.02.2007 at 17:46
You know, I can't wait for this album, But I had NO IDEA HELLHAMMER was on the drums!! This is gonna make it all the sweeter.
Sunioj - 11.02.2007 at 20:08
Written by Lucas on 11.02.2007 at 17:14

Wow. They must like the word 'the'. Is this a new form of concept-albums?

Haha, sure as hell beats their three word titles for everything that make no sense, I wouldve expected them to come out with a title like Puritanical Misanthrope Cult.
Revenant - 11.02.2007 at 20:13
Didnt limp bzkit do the whole 'the __' concept?
dancingdecember - 11.02.2007 at 20:14
so today we all learned that if we want to make a concept album we must put " the" in font of "anything".that way it seems more concept than anything else and it seems so fukkin serious and so epic and so novel-like mysterious and cool.The In Sorte Diaboli...
Basso - 11.02.2007 at 20:39
The Kvlt!
~Nagash~ - 11.02.2007 at 21:12
Looks good, Helhammer rocks
Yova - 11.02.2007 at 22:00
Written by Lucas on 11.02.2007 at 17:14

Wow. They must like the word 'the'. Is this a new form of concept-albums?

it is 'THE' form
ThunderAxe1989 - 11.02.2007 at 23:33
the word 'the' is used much. ummm wow so commercialised that it hits North America before Europe .............And Hellhammer doing Mainstream BM. Yep, BM is dead
Dark Blood - 12.02.2007 at 00:38
I'm looking forward to this! Very curious about this concept thing. And I always loved epic stuff (I love DCA) so, this should be great too.
Arian Totalis - 12.02.2007 at 03:15
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

Hey screw you, Dimmu is one of the greatest BM Bands to have ever walked, and may I remind you that Galder, their Guitarist, Is from Old mans child, a Fairly Influential BM act, or have you forgotten that? You know what, why am I even talking to an Elitist anyway? I'm just wasting my breath.
MUSIC? - 12.02.2007 at 07:52
Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 03:15

Old mans child.

Pink Metal is Kreig.

None the less, I'm looking forword to this. Not because of the concept (I laugh everytime I hear Silenoz's discription) but because it'll be good music.
ItalktotheWind - 12.02.2007 at 08:18
Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 03:15

Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

Old man's child? Influential? Are you serious? Galder is a great musician, dont get me wrong, and I was a huge fan of dimmu borgir for a while but.... influential? Neither band brings that word to mind. If you want an influential band, try bathory.
chris_metalhead - 12.02.2007 at 10:16
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

It's not like we'd ever want black metal musicians to make money. I mean fuck, what sell outs. lol
BestMetalstormer - 12.02.2007 at 10:52
uh huh Hellhammer now plays for Dimmu Borgir, it could makes many arguement between metalheads ;D
Hrimner - 12.02.2007 at 12:24
Written by BestMetalstormer on 12.02.2007 at 10:52

Yeah i was thinking the same.. I thought Hellhammer said that Dimmu played pussy black metal.. lame
Katatronik - 12.02.2007 at 12:54
I just hope in another great album... All the rest it's not so important for me...
Long live Dimmu Borgir!
Marcel Hubregtse - 12.02.2007 at 12:56
Hahahaha,

and ALL the titles are... yes, you guessed it, three word titles.
alexo dynami - 12.02.2007 at 16:19
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

Hellhammer is one of the best drummers to come out of the BM scene and plays for most.
I am looking forward to this new album, especially with Mustis writing a bit more, though hopefully it wont be another Death Cult type album, The keys weren't that good on it.
Carrion - 12.02.2007 at 17:33
Gonna be interesting with Hellhammer on the drums
Lanfawn - 12.02.2007 at 18:57
The new album from The Dimmu Borgir, The In Sorte Diaboli which contains The 10 new tracks from The norwegian black metal band. Also don't forget to see them at The Wacken or wherever they play in The summer.
Arian Totalis - 12.02.2007 at 23:33
Written by ItalktotheWind on 12.02.2007 at 08:18

Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 03:15

Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

Actually yeah, I also know bathory. And I also aknowledge my mistake, it's just that every time Dimmu is brought up it seems to me that some BM Elitist has got to go talking shit on them, and it makes me mad, so I simply felt the need to retort. Lo Siento.
ThunderAxe1989 - 13.02.2007 at 04:49
Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 23:33

Written by ItalktotheWind on 12.02.2007 at 08:18

Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 03:15

Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

.....the hell? dude, have you forgotten me? i'm a power metaller just like you are (though i know you are into others).........you've got it all wrong, and your reply to what I said was HIGHLY uncalled for. I am not elitist. You are right, Dimmu Borgir are one of the best BM groups......just look at their first few releases and how unique it is to other BM. It's just that NOW they seem to be aiming for a more mall-goth-ish kind of sound, they want to win over Ozzfest attendants and so on. All i did was look at where they've gone to in the past decade, but because what I said was negative and you disagreed you got all hot-headed and didn't get your facts straight. I think you should be saying "Lo Siento" to ME.....And besides i see not the problem with die-hard BMers despising mainstream, polished BM anyway!
Arian Totalis - 13.02.2007 at 05:55
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 13.02.2007 at 04:49

Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 23:33

Written by ItalktotheWind on 12.02.2007 at 08:18

Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 03:15

Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

Oh, I didn't notice it was you Danzig (I never realized you changed your username, and I can't see the avatar here in the news area.) Still I also Extend my Appologies to you as well, I did get hot headed, once more, It was just that I had moment of anger becasue of all the Anti-Dimmu Elitists is all. Really sorry man.
Krankheit - 15.02.2007 at 17:17
Here is the cover art

+{Jonas}+ - 24.02.2007 at 04:38
It will be released teh day of my birthday! That makes it even more brutal.
Pete_the_feet07 - 06.04.2007 at 03:05
I cannot wait till this new album comes out! But why the hell does every song begin with the word "the"?
Seems kinda stupid. I guess every song has an individual perception or something.

Who cares! Dimmu beats my fucking head in!!!
Pete_the_feet07 - 06.04.2007 at 03:24
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

They might be commercialized, but they still put out kick ass music. C'mon! You cant say they don't have a good sound and good composure. Just because it's not as raw and dosen't sound like it was recorded on an 8-bit sound recorder, doesn't mean it can't be bad ass! Ya know?

As for the "black metal is dead" thing... yeah, you're kinda right, but look at this way, perhaps BM hasn't died... it just EVOLVED.

eh?
ThunderAxe1989 - 06.04.2007 at 19:41
Written by Guest on 06.04.2007 at 03:24

Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 11.02.2007 at 23:33

eh?

personally i am a power metaller......but as far as Dimmu Borgir's new sound goes......i dunno, the orchestrations are too overpowering.

News New Dimmu Borgir Album Title Revealed 10.5 20.11.2006 by dismaleuphony
News Legion Of The Damned - More Details About New Album 8.5 06.07.2013 by psykometal
News Swallow The Sun - New Album Details Revealed 8.5 12.06.2009 by Graveheart
News Between The Buried And Me - New Album Details Revealed 8.5 08.07.2009 by Elio
News Hypocrisy - The Track List Of The New Album 8.5 16.06.2006 by kakalokola