KoRn's entire "MTV Unplugged" CD is available for streaming at mtv.nl.

KoRn's "Unplugged" show will premiere on MTV on March 2, with the CD arriving on March 6. The show will be broadcasted on MTV.nl on March 4 at 24.00.
Guests include members of The Cure as well as Evanescence singer Amy Lee and Chester Bennington from Linkin Park.

KoRn is currently recording its eighth studio album and plans to release it this summer. Veteran rock drummer Terry Bozzio is filling in for original KoRn drummer David Silveria, who is taking a hiatus from the group.

A tracklisting of the "MTV Unplugged Album" goes as follows:

11. Throw Me Away

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Korn

Posted: 27.02.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Taktsekte - 27.02.2007 at 19:41
Wait... KoRn does have a place on Metalstorm? And MTV as well?
Sunioj - 27.02.2007 at 19:53
Unplugged? Korn! Thats gonna sound like crap...
Herzebeth - 27.02.2007 at 20:02
or cool...
C. - 27.02.2007 at 20:54
are you ? FUCK EMO KORN
AncientOrigins - 27.02.2007 at 21:16
too bad Davis can't sing worth shit.
Spyroid - 27.02.2007 at 21:35
Good to see metalstormers aren't narrowminded.
X-FrEaK - 27.02.2007 at 21:48
....Korn is my heart-band...BUT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT FREAK ON A LEASH FEATURING AMY LEE ABOUT??!?!?!?

geez :|
Bas - 27.02.2007 at 21:49
Korn have a few great songs, definitely one of the greatest nu metal bands out there, its sad that they dont get the respect they deserve on metalstorm...

EDIT: @X-Freak, Amy Lee is an awesome vocalist though, i recommend you get the Origin album from Evanescence, then you'll see
Sunioj - 27.02.2007 at 22:22
I like Korn, but they lost it for me. And I definetly dont think they will be able to handle going "unplugged".
AncientOrigins - 27.02.2007 at 23:00
Haha, I'm not close minded when I say that Davis' voice live & unplugged will be shit, unless they do overdubs.
Warman - 27.02.2007 at 23:02
Kiss are great, but I hate their MTV Unplugged album.
Korn are shit, don't wanna think about their MTV Unplugged album.
Bad English - 27.02.2007 at 23:04
wow when I saw12 coments I almoust but when I read first 4
GT - 27.02.2007 at 23:35
Sounds interesting to me. I like KoRn...think they made at least a couple of good songs
AnGina-- - 27.02.2007 at 23:37
Well, as much as I love KoRn (and don't give a f*ck about your immature comments at all), I gotta say the setlist is pretty.... well, shitty. What about songs such as Somebody, Someone, Falling Away From Me, Trash etc. etc.? Their best works are being left out here....
-=FlaurosDagon=- - 28.02.2007 at 00:01
I'm waiting for the Shitknot MTV Unplugged one! yay!
Asat0r - 28.02.2007 at 00:31
Wow, all these comments are reminding me of the teenagers that go blast every album on Blabbermouth. I'm personally not iterested in this, but I'll give it a listen just out of curiosity.
Bitch Boy - 28.02.2007 at 02:54
I didn't like Amy Lee's voice in "Freak on a leash", she's only good in studio

I have some acoustic songs from another previous presentation and it sounded good, so this one for sure has a chance from me.
HeathenBlood - 28.02.2007 at 05:46
sounds really crap!!
Herzebeth - 28.02.2007 at 07:39
honestly I didn't like it that much Amy Lee actually overdid Davis in freak on a leash, too bad, he sounds like "for nu-metal" only
iaberis - 28.02.2007 at 07:55
Haha! I knew there gonna be people bitching about this! LoL
DCLXVI - 28.02.2007 at 09:51
KoRn...
Collin - 28.02.2007 at 11:49
That's funny how people still think it's cool to mindlessly bash Korn when a shitload of the modern bands you're listening to and liking have been influenced in one way or another by this band

Anyway, I don't know what an unplugged session with songs such as Blind are going to sound like... At first sight Korn doesn't seem to me like the best choice for an unplugged show. Still need to hear this one though
SETHULHU - 28.02.2007 at 12:12
KORN is to Unplugged as Ashlee Simpson is to REAL SINGING

it does not add up, and that whole Freak on a leash version with that HOTTIE from Evanenancenansne (dont know the spelling) the songs sucks ass.

i would never like to hear davis on unplugged, it doesnt work.

anyway. meh from my side
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.02.2007 at 12:24
Written by SETHULHU on 28.02.2007 at 12:12

KORN is to Unplugged as Ashlee Simpson is to REAL SINGING

i would never like to hear davis on unplugged, it doesnt work.

anyway. meh from my side

I heard all of it and lemme tell you it certainly doesn't work AT ALL. I even prefer normal Korn to this (and I HATE normal Korn and related bands btw, Collin )
schwanderen - 28.02.2007 at 13:38
The irony is of course that korn was considered death metal when their first release came out. And everything from Untouchables and down (Issues, Lifes peachy and Korn) is certainly worth a listen. Especially when you consider the ground these guys broke for heavy as Collin mentioned.

For all you people calling korn nu-metal and emo music.
Estix - 28.02.2007 at 14:02
Well, i can't say listening to the songs wasn't uninteresting. 'Got the Life' had normal music. However Davis's vocals really put out when he started "screaming".
I didn't exactly understand what Unplugged meant before hearing these tracks...now i have a guess.

All in all, the piano addition was good, some guitar melodies were nice.
Vocals were weak, music sounded out of place very often.

And if what schwanderen said, is true, i have this to say: OWNED!
I enjoy reading that kind of defences to the genre so hated amongst metalheads.
Marcel Hubregtse - 28.02.2007 at 14:45
Written by schwanderen on 28.02.2007 at 13:38

In what country because I can remember them being tagged Spooky Core here when it first came out. And that spooky core later on became nu, so totally not death metal.
Sunioj - 28.02.2007 at 15:49
Written by schwanderen on 28.02.2007 at 13:38

For all you people calling korn nu-metal and emo music.

Yes they are worth a listen, I love those albums too but the self titled album has NOTHING to do with Death metal at all.
Thryce - 28.02.2007 at 16:00
Honestly, I was expecting much more bashing about posting this news on MS.
Good to see so much positive and "normal" reactions too

I heard a few songs, and they didn't sound very appealing. KoRn Unplugged is indeed a weird concept. But then again, I'm not the biggest KoRn-fan either..
However I still found this quite interesting to share, so that's why.
dancingdecember - 28.02.2007 at 16:23
its not a law that every trend band should play unplugged mtv!!!some bands(genres) arent fit for unplugged and korn is one of them.vocalist's clean vocal is very bad and songs are sounding odd cause korn is made for fukkin in your face vocals and max level of sound!!!hate them or not but i think we all agree that korn shouldnt sit on their chairs and mumble along with weird acoustics...and for that amy lee...she looks more beautiful than she used to be.good for her she made her dream come true.to see her voice beats the crap out of davis' was interesting too.just dont play any songs plz when you are near me.good girl
SETHULHU - 28.02.2007 at 19:01
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.02.2007 at 12:24

Written by SETHULHU on 28.02.2007 at 12:12

KORN is to Unplugged as Ashlee Simpson is to REAL SINGING

i would never like to hear davis on unplugged, it doesnt work.

anyway. meh from my side

hehe
MUSIC? - 28.02.2007 at 20:13
I don't really think Korn can really sound good "unplugged" no matter what. Oh well, I'll wait for the new album. Hopefully it'll be better then their last.
dsAtala - 28.02.2007 at 20:41
hey, dont be narrowminded...
korn got great songs
Alfgart - 28.02.2007 at 21:19
Written by Collin on 28.02.2007 at 11:49

For example... ?
sev7en77 - 01.03.2007 at 03:34
they've been playing the crap outta the freak on a leash amy lee thing on the radio here
+{Jonas}+ - 01.03.2007 at 04:19
Written by AnGina-- on 27.02.2007 at 23:37

I was thinking in those songs exactly.
Syk - 01.03.2007 at 09:06
Written by Alfgart on 28.02.2007 at 21:19

Written by Collin on 28.02.2007 at 11:49

For example... ?

Exactly. That's sad how people still think it's cool to mindlessly praise Korn when a shitload of the modern bands influenced in one way or another by this band suck more than vacuum cleaners from outer space on full power with black market modifications
schwanderen - 01.03.2007 at 13:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.02.2007 at 14:45

Written by schwanderen on 28.02.2007 at 13:38

Well of course it wasnt death metal as we know it today. Back then there were no such thing as EMO's or nu metal, guess why?
But it was pretty radical, original and disturbing (Daddy). Il agree with you that their two latest albums has none of the impact their latest has.
I've never been one for genre dissection. I believe that genres such as "spooky core" or "mausoleum doom" are obsolete and might as well be death metal. I dont see how these genres truly diverse from the basic genres to have their own catagory.
But conclusion: Dont forget a bands roots. And check out the metal storm reviews of korn. They mention their deat metal too.
Valentin B - 01.03.2007 at 16:28
by what i've heard from korn so far, it's not good stuff for unplugged sessions
Sunioj - 01.03.2007 at 16:41
@Schwandren
Are you loco man? Not death metal as we know it today, but not for its day either...Korns self titled came out it 1994 and Death metal was pretty much at its prime and those bands that were paving the way for DM shows nothing in common with Korn..at all.
Valentin B - 01.03.2007 at 17:30
Written by Valentin B on 01.03.2007 at 16:28

by what i've heard from korn so far, it's not good stuff for unplugged sessions

i listened to the album out of boredom, and i think the instrumentation is okay, but the vocals SUCK..not just davis, but bennington, amy lee and that guy from the cure....
"creep" is almost laughably whiny...
and there are some parts which just don't make sense, with all the weird bongo's, and horns(or whatever the fuck they are)..i don't like unplugged albums(and i don't quite like this), and i think that in order to like these, you have to at least know how the original stuff sounds like.
Jiri - 01.03.2007 at 22:05
Who cares? Who cares about MTV, and who cares about Korn?
Collin - 02.03.2007 at 01:30
Written by Syk on 01.03.2007 at 09:06

Written by Alfgart on 28.02.2007 at 21:19

Written by Collin on 28.02.2007 at 11:49

For example... ?

That's not the point I was trying to make

I don't mind people disliking Korn, after all, even though I'm a fan of most of their albums, I don't "mindlessly praise" everything they've done And I'm not the type of guy who gets angry when people criticize a band I like.

What I'm saying is that I find it quite strange that people stlll keep bashing Korn for no REAL reason, just because it's on MTV and stuff you know? For example, I understand the comments saying that Korn is not the type of band that should play unplugged or that this album sucks. I'm just talking about the comments like "Korn... " you see People who bash this and that band because the metal way of life wants us to Hope you get my point... (If there is a point to get)
Syk - 02.03.2007 at 03:25
I guess, but how do you know that these people haven't already heard a lot of their stuff and been disgusted by it?
Collin - 02.03.2007 at 04:16
Oh but they might

I'm just kind of generalizing... Now I don't say you don't have reasons for disliking Korn and the bands (such as metalcore, modern thrash and even some newer prog acts) they influenced, but you can't deny that a lot of people here on MS and in the metal world just like to bash Korn for what they represent. That's something they also do for bands such as Metallica and Mastodon for example, i.e. commercially viable bands or simply bands that get on the tv for some reason I can't grasp.

It's not a question of taste. I'm just saying that you don't find such hatred towards any band that often. So why especially Korn, when people like to respect, say, System Of A Down (even if a lot of people don't like their music they still see this particular band tries to do something original)? This is just something I don't understand altogether

Edit: I've just heard this stuff and the Freak On A Leash thing with Amy Lee is good. I don't like the rest though. Korn is definitely not the kind of band that should play unlpugged.
Slayer666 - 09.06.2009 at 18:50
Written by Taktsekte on 27.02.2007 at 19:41

Wait... KoRn does have a place on Metalstorm? And MTV as well?

C'mon, they are not THAT bad..... they even have a couple of really friggin awesome songs.
Elio - 09.06.2009 at 19:03
Lol first time I see this, I guess I'm lucky to have never heard that.

News Murder Therapy - Entire Album Available For Streaming 9 07.01.2010 by -DC-002-
News Salome - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 9 02.11.2010 by Rupert
News The Haunted - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 11.09.2008 by metal2000
News Shadows Fall - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 13.06.2006 by wrathchild
News Obituary - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 8.5 07.09.2007 by Metal Maiden