A new Mastodon track, entitled 'Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife', has been made available for streaming at Pitchforkmedia.com.

The song comes off the soundtrack to the upcoming Adult Swim film, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters", due on April 10 via Williams Street.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Mastodon

Posted: 20.03.2007 by pyroleprechaun

Comments

Clintagram - 21.03.2007 at 00:36
What a strange track for Mastodon! There's bit of Thrash and Hardcore music thrown in there with, not kidding at all, Black Metal and King Diamond/Halford sounding vocals. Pretty wicked if you ask me though. Highly entertaining and a quick listen.
Spyroid - 21.03.2007 at 01:04
Written by Clintagram on 21.03.2007 at 00:36

Agree! There must be a guest singer! I mean, I don't know much about them but it doesn't sound like the singer I'm used to at all. I really like Mastodon, but I have some serious problems with their singer.
The thrash riffs are awesome! Can't wait for the album!
rebelos - 21.03.2007 at 17:26
the music reminds Mastodon but the voice is definately someones else
Thryce - 21.03.2007 at 17:56
Mastodon are also contributing the opening song to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie coming out on April, 13th 2007. The band will be animated as a bucket of popcorn, a soda, a hot dog, and a candy bar. The song has been confirmed as "Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife" and can be streamed from the pitchforkmedia website.

A part of the lyrics of the song:

If I see you videotaping this movie
Satan will rain down your throat with hot acid
And saw your testicles
And turn your guts into snakes

This is a copyrighted movie for Time-Warner
If I found you sold it on eBay
I will break into your house and tear your wife in half

------
But I can't find anyting about the vocals thus far...
White Winter Sun - 22.03.2007 at 00:10
strange vocals
Dan066 - 15.04.2007 at 20:29
it's a werid song for a weird movie. It's a lot different from most of mastodon's stuff, but it's not bad.
lenesu - 23.06.2007 at 16:35
I agree with dan066. Thats just a song that they made for the movie, or it can even be a cover because I see no mastodon in these lyrics.

News Deftones - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 8.5 20.09.2012 by Unhealer
News Pig Destroyer - New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 23.04.2007 by Dangerboner
News Jason Newsted - New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 20.12.2012 by moe5512
News In Flames - New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 16.02.2008 by
News Miseration - Another New Song Available For Streaming 8.5 08.06.2012 by BaneConall