The following statement was posted by frontman Herr Morbid on Forgotten Tomb's official homepage:

"It looks like the german media (in particular: Legacy Magazine) are trying to boycott Forgotten Tomb without reserve. Not only they refused to interview the band and review "Negative Megalomania", but they refused to include the advertisement for our new album in their fucking magazines too. The nazi-paranoia going on in the german Metal scene is nothing new, but I think this time they're really going beyond any reasonable measure. Starting from the idea that ALL Black Metal bands are automatically Nazi and basing their paranoia on completely unreliable sources, these magazines are trying to boycott our band in every possible way. It seems like the band won't be able to play live-shows in Germany too, due to this fucking Anti-FT Propaganda.
After explaining the band's point of view on such topics in the clearest way possible, it seems like those people are still ignoring the fact that FT can't be labelled as a "Nazi" band. So, with this post, we're asking to all our german fans to boycott the german Metal magazines, since they're trying to boycott our band.
I think all this story is completely pathetic, especially when I see Legacy Magazine putting up Type O Negative's Peter Steele on the front-cover of their current issue (all german Metalheads will remember the controversial battle of Peter Steele against the german media and left-winged activists in the middle of '90s, due to the same reasons that led me to write this post).
So, if you support our band, boycott those fucking magazines. We know most of the magazines get money from the national Publishers Associations to be printed, and that's probably the real reason why all this mess happened. They fear that covering a "suspected Nazi" band, they could have problems from the government and lose money, heh.
We don't care if our fans are right-winged, left-winged, anarchists or whatever, FT is an unpolitical band and we don't care about people's personal political belief, unlike the german media.
Thanx for support to all our german fans! We'll be back in Germany with a vengeance, promised."

Source: forgottentomb.com
Band profile: Forgotten Tomb

Posted: 16.04.2007 by Kariasakis7

Comments

Katatronik - 16.04.2007 at 18:37
Oh my fucking god, that's pathetic if true.
German people, boycott those magazines!
Nixx - 16.04.2007 at 19:08
I lol'd.
Boycott if true.
Dark Forever - 16.04.2007 at 19:45
This is just pathetic! It reminds me my school: "your wear black clothes, so you believe in Satan and you sacrifice animals". What's wrong with some people?

Here in Portugal there are no metal magazines because metal is seen as shit for those fucking religious fanatics (well, there's Loud!, but that's a small magazine...). I'm not against politics and religion, but at least leave non believers in piece!
Götter - 16.04.2007 at 20:05
Well, what can I say? I've always said that the greatest crime of nazism was making the Western, especially German people paranoid.

This is fucking pathetic.
White Winter Sun - 16.04.2007 at 21:18
Pathetic and stupid. Nothing else.
Bad English - 16.04.2007 at 22:12
Written by Katatronik on 16.04.2007 at 18:37

Oh my fucking god, that's pathetic if true.
German people, boycott those magazines!

Then what thay think about Italian ultras Irriducibilli?
Well skuins and punks are more dangerous and agresive how metalheads ehh germans cant stand about them selfs accepeted lies about WWII history seems thay live in paranoid nightmares
good job Del Piero Forgottenm Tomb deserve it revange in Pasy!
Daru Jericho - 17.04.2007 at 01:04
Oh dear. How silly. But what more do people expect from people?
Promonex - 17.04.2007 at 01:50
First of all, it's not that all German media is like that and it's not that it's black metal that is condemned. FYI, Herr Morbid and Razor SK both participated in a white pride band called "Front Towards Enemy". The Legacy staff member in charge seriously WANTED to interview Forgotten Tomb and did some excessive research, so he found out about the participation in that band, found some dubious remarks in interviews and hence he sent a message to the band asking for a statement regarding those remarks and participations, just to know where the band stands. Instead of an explanation of any kind, Herr Morbid replied the following:

Quote:
"[...] German people LOVE Forgotten Tomb. So, if you start
boycotting my band, I'll start boycotting Legacy Mag! ALL FT fans will stop
buying your magazine, and believe me, they're thousand copies! You better
think about it. I think I'm cooperating as much as I can, but if you want to
start a fucking war, you really better think about it before, 'cause I'm
going to raise a motherfucking HELL about this story. [...]
I'm waiting for your fast reply, and quit playing games! Hope you're enough
smart to cooperate with us.
Thanx for reading, regards-

HM"

Seriously, would you want to interview a band after they've tried blackmailing you like that? Exactly, that's what Legacy thought as well. So in fact it's the other way round, it's not Legacy (or the entire German media how the news post makes out) boycotting Forgotten Tomb, but Forgotten Tomb boycotting Legacy. It wouldn't have been the first FT interview in the Legacy mag, but something tells me that the first one will stay their only one.
Götter - 17.04.2007 at 02:03
Written by Promonex on 17.04.2007 at 01:50

Still, there's the case of Nazi paranoia. I mean, you could find some such "dubious" connections to half of all famous metal band members.

As for Herr Morbid's reply, well, he is a disturbed individual. But I do agree on what he says about Forgotten Tomb being non-political.
Promonex - 17.04.2007 at 02:55
Written by Götter on 17.04.2007 at 02:03

Written by Promonex on 17.04.2007 at 01:50

Maybe, but those "dubious connections" weren't the reason for Legacy to "boycott" FT. In fact they had interviewed and reviewed their stuff in the past, despite of Herr Morbid's participations in Front Towards Enemy, Gaszimmer and Treblinka Productions, and German media in general has done so. Fact is that the Legacy staff member in charge made some research and considered adding some questions aiming at those connections. Instead of claiming that FT is unpolitical and stuff like he usually does and which has never been subject to doubt anyway, Morbid opted for threatening the mag - talking about negative megalomania
So what Legacy did is not doing the interview and Morbid went on to do what he does best: whining.
Fact is though that the Nazi paranoia is not the trigger for this "boycott", but only Morbid's fucked up behavior. Of course there is a Nazi paranoia in Germany, but in this case it just seems that Morbid decided to utilize it in a polemic spree in order to "raise motherfucking HELL about this story." I mean come on, they didn't review or interview him and he's going all sulky over it and he makes it out to be "fucking Anti-FT Propaganda" claiming that they "won't be able to play live-shows in Germany" due to this. There wouldn't have been any mention of them in the magazine at all, how can you talk about propaganda then? Let alone the kind of propaganda that makes it impossible for you to get gigs. If there's a reason why he wouldn't get any gigs over here anymore than solely due to this childish behavior, and for collectively bashing German media as a whole.
Götter - 17.04.2007 at 10:10
Well, maybe. FT's latest album certainly doesn't justify any megalomania - those clean vocals are fucken gay!
Lucas - 17.04.2007 at 17:30
@Promonex and Götter.

That is a fucked up reply that he gave to that magazine-reviewer. However, the question is: should a magazine boycott someone for personal opinions of how the people are?
Promonex - 18.04.2007 at 00:21
Written by Lucas on 17.04.2007 at 17:30

@Promonex and Götter.

The question is: who boycotted whom?
The Punisher - 19.04.2007 at 06:14
Read this... www.forgottentomb.com/DailyBullshit.html
Götter - 20.04.2007 at 07:15
Well, what have you all to say about that? Seems to kind of end this politics debate.
Lucas - 20.04.2007 at 09:15
Promonex, you're famous now! Can I get an autograph?

Seriously, I don't see how you 'changed' that e-mail. Of course, you left some parts out, that's obvious. But I want to know why this Herr Morbid first sounds very kind and explains the situation, and then for some reason gets pissed and sent the latter part of the e-mail. Because he wants to show how fukken kvlt he is?
.mrt - 20.04.2007 at 19:48
It is clear that the magazine should have answered to Herr Morbid. To remain silent is no way to deal with such issue. I mean, granted that HM used quite offensive words, but still he provided a whole explanation about the deal.

Also Promonex should have provided the whole mail as a full context.

And last, Herr Morbid clearly overreacted and also clearly has not heard the concept of reading one's mail before sending it away. I have written really insulting letters at one pass, but when I read my text again, I'm calmer and more relaxed so I take out all the harsh words, at least I hope so..

To sum all this saga up - miscommunication and testosterone.

I hope they hug and forgive one another..

PS Promonex - when's your next authograph session?
Vitriolic Hate - 06.01.2009 at 19:31
Bullshit!!!
Mr. Doctor - 06.01.2009 at 23:48
Here we have a winner for the best drama of the year!!!
Lucas - 06.01.2009 at 23:50
Written by Mr. Doctor on 06.01.2009 at 23:48

Here we have a winner for the best drama of the year!!!

Yep. If it'd still be 2007.
Mr. Doctor - 06.01.2009 at 23:51
Written by Lucas on 06.01.2009 at 23:50

Written by Mr. Doctor on 06.01.2009 at 23:48

Here we have a winner for the best drama of the year!!!

Yep. If it'd still be 2007.

Aaaaaarrrghh.. I was afraid that it could be something like this but I thought it was a new one.

Btw... do you guys still have that category?

News Forgotten Tomb - European Tour With Isole And Ereb Altor 6 07.02.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Forgotten Tomb - New Album Details 6 19.07.2006 by Götter
News Forgotten Tomb - New Single Streaming Online 6 20.09.2012 by AngelofDeth
News Forgotten Tomb - Releasing New Album In October, Details Revealed 6 11.09.2012 by Jiri
News Forgotten Tomb - Band Parts Ways With Guitarist 6 07.09.2011 by Jiri