The lineup for the 2007 edition of the Graspop Metal Meeting is finally complete!

GMM is proud to present another top act with the final batch of names for GMM 2007:

Joe Satriani

Joe 'Satch' Satriani is one of the greatest contemporary guitar heroes. His first instrument was the piano, but he was so impressed by Jimi Hendrix that the guitar became the most important thing in his life. Joe initially earns his money playing in local bands and teaching guitar (Steve Vai and Kirk Hammett being famous pupils). Then in 1987, his instrumental second album 'Surfing with the Alien' forces an international breakthrough'. He hasn't looked back since and in the meantime this guitar virtuoso has compiled an impressive discography.

These are the new additions:

Friday: Joe Satriani, Epica, Fastway, Static X (+ Aerosmith, Chris Cornell, Within Temptation, Type O Negative, Blind Guardian, Papa Roach, Therion, Celtic Frost, Thin Lizzy, Pain Of Salvation, Sabaton, Grave Digger, Vader, Amorphis, 1349.

Saturday: Legion Of The Damned, Rose Hill Drive, Spiralarms (+ Iron Maiden, Korn, Heaven And Hell, Life Of Agony, Stone Sour, Dimmu Borgir, Cannibal Corpse, Tiamat Atheist, Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, Lamb Of God, Less Than Jake, Sirenia, Brutal Truth, Drowning Pool, Lauren Harris)

Sunday: As I Lay Dying, Mercenary (+ Ozzy Osbourne, Slayer, Velvet Revolver, Children Of Bodom, Black Label Society, Hammerfall, Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Mastodon, Moonsorrow, Chimaira, Devildriver, Korpiklaani, In This Moment, Turisas, Eluveitie, Unearth)

Have been added to the Metal Dome bill: El Guapo Stuntteam, Stormrider, Oceans Of Sadhess and Scarve (+ several other bands...)

The exact timetable will be posted online as soon as possible!

You will find all information about Graspop Metal Meeting on:

or

Source: Graspop

Source: graspop.be
Event: Graspop Metal Meeting 2007

Posted: 02.05.2007 by Jeff

Comments

Carrion - 02.05.2007 at 21:12
Good line up, tough Hellfest has still a better one.
Daru Jericho - 02.05.2007 at 21:56
Agreed.
Lucas - 02.05.2007 at 22:12
Did Satriani teach Steve Vai guitar? Cool!
wrathchild - 02.05.2007 at 22:51
Written by Lucas on 02.05.2007 at 22:12

Did Satriani teach Steve Vai guitar? Cool!

You didn't know that?? But IMO, Vai is a better musician than Satriani (although he's not bad, of course).
That's an unexpected and great new addition to the line-up, though I still prefer Hellfest's lineup
Jeff - 02.05.2007 at 23:41
Joe Satriani is a great add no doubt...

BUT... that's ok now, Hellfest IS the fest of the summer. That's all
Spyroid - 02.05.2007 at 23:43
Agree with you all, awesome lineup but Hellfest still pwns
Lucas - 03.05.2007 at 01:17
Written by wrathchild on 02.05.2007 at 22:51

Written by Lucas on 02.05.2007 at 22:12

Did Satriani teach Steve Vai guitar? Cool!

Nope, never knew that. I almost never listen to both of the two though. Actually, the only stuff I like in the 'guitar virtuosity' category is Cacophony, I think..
tulkas - 03.05.2007 at 07:54
amazing line-up, some of my favorite bands playing toghether within 3 days! that's one of the things I don't like about my country, there's never big metal festivals/meetings/whatever. only 'rock al parque', but mostly is just crappy bands, (most of them) and just 1 day. the other 2 days are one for only punk, and the other for cheesy pop music
Marcel Hubregtse - 03.05.2007 at 09:31
Written by Lucas on 03.05.2007 at 01:17

Written by wrathchild on 02.05.2007 at 22:51

Written by Lucas on 02.05.2007 at 22:12

Did Satriani teach Steve Vai guitar? Cool!

Satriani also taught Krik Hammett (Metallica) guitar and also Larry Lalonde (Possessed, Primus) and produced Possessed's In The Eyes Of Horror mini album.
Almighty Ent - 03.05.2007 at 12:47
Im fuckin pissed. My brothers flying out from Canada to see this festival. I cant get time off work so Im staying put. I'll post some of his photo's when he gets back.
Doc Godin - 04.05.2007 at 00:29
Aerosmith & 1349 in the same day...thats funny, but awesome. Looks like an awesome fest.

News Nasum - Announce Final European Tour Dates 2.5 04.07.2012 by J. N.
News Urgehal - Recording Final Album 2.5 30.10.2013 by Gothmog_Motsham
News Masterplan - The Debut Of The New Line Up Announced 2.5 06.01.2007 by marco
News Ministry - Final Album In The Works 2.5 02.08.2007 by Katatronik