DragonForce announced they'll re-release their debut album Valley of the Damned - Remixed & Remastered with a bonus DVD in October 2007. The remixed debut and their second album Sonic Firestorm will also be available for the first time on picture disc vinyl.
You can find an extensive statement from guitarist Herman Li regarding this re-release package at this location.

Valley Of The Damned - REMIXED & REMASTERED
Disc 1 - CD
1. Invocation of the Apocalyptic Evil
2. Valley of the Damned
3. Black Fire
4. Black Winter Night
5. Starfire
6. Disciples of Babylon
7. Revelations
8. Evening Star
9. Heart of a Dragon

Disc 2 - DVD
- Interviews
Interviews with the band members and producer reflecting on the Valley of the Damned period and the remix
- Valley of the Damned Live
Previously unreleased professionally filmed live video recording from their first Japanese tour.
Commentary version from Herman and Vadim
Commentary version from ZP and Karl
- Backstage Footage
DragonForce Home videos. See through the eyes of Sam and ZP in Japan on the day of the show.
- Recording Valley of the Damned
Footage from the drum recording session in Denmark
Commentary version from Herman and Vadim
- Remixing Valley of the Damned
Get technical with Herman, Vadim and producer Karl Groom. See how they remixed the album.

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce

Posted: 27.07.2007 by Steve

Comments

Katatronik - 27.07.2007 at 16:59
Sweet, I haven't that album yet, but this is the right time!
I definitely bought it, especially for the bonus DVD
=maD.Doc:. - 27.07.2007 at 18:22
Written by Katatronik on 27.07.2007 at 16:59

Sweet, I haven't that album yet, but this is the right time!
I definitely bought it, especially for the bonus DVD

Cool that you already bought it when it's due for an October release xD
WorpeX - 27.07.2007 at 18:25
eh, all the songs sound the same so just buy sonic firestorm and your good.
CyGuy6587 - 27.07.2007 at 20:05
To be fair, Valley had their most original songs
RavenLord - 27.07.2007 at 22:20
Written by CyGuy6587 on 27.07.2007 at 20:05

To be fair, Valley had their most original songs

...because they hadn't ripped the piss out of the 'play really really fast to hide the fact that we only have one song' idea...
Varegan - 27.07.2007 at 23:09
that was a great album, not as fast as last album.I like Valley Of The Damned more.
Baz Anderson - 28.07.2007 at 00:10
but most importantly, other than if it is their best or not - the album really doesnt need a remaster..
the production is great! I can think of a ton more albums from different bands that would be better if they were relastered because they are old, etc.

still.. it isnt like I buy remasters anyway if I have the original.. I still haven't heard the remastered "Keeper" albums.. that might be interesting
iaberis - 28.07.2007 at 15:08
Nice news... the production of the original disc sucked...
velvet - 28.07.2007 at 20:41
Boring band - remixing their stuff is hardly going to improve it. Of course I'm still pissed off that they headlined Edguys European tour on the Brittish stretch and I had to wait until BOA to see their full set, but still...
ThunderAxe1989 - 28.07.2007 at 22:53
I have a feeling the re-release is gonna be very suck, sorry for being pessimistic. The only album I've heard that actually really Needs remixing / re-releasing is Lost Horizon's "Awakening The World", seriously lol.
Arcaliz666 - 29.07.2007 at 23:29
Great News, the original production of Valley Of The Damned It's no very good.
Baz Anderson - 30.07.2007 at 03:34
Written by ThunderAxe1989 on 28.07.2007 at 22:53

huh?? that Lost Horizon album sounds perfect to me!! I can't see what might be wrong with it..

I think only albums that had BAD production need remastering for example that Nevermore album "Enemies Of Reality" that was awful.. and Fear Factory's "Transgression" that was as well
the Nevermore album has been remastered but I haven't got that version unfortunately. hahaha
EquilibriuMTR - 09.09.2007 at 18:25
The vocal mixing quality sucked, that's good news.

Albums DragonForce - Valley Of The Damned (Demo) 7.5 11.06.2011 by ImNotMetal