As posted on the band's website, Ensiferum has unfortunately suffered another member loss in the band as the band's long-time keyboard player Meiju Enho decided to leave the band. The band expresses their regret for her decision to depart the band, but despite the break-up the band will victoriously go on! You can read Meiju's afterwords here.

Emmi Silvennoinen from the band Exsecratus has been substituting Meiju from the beginning of this year (2007) and continues to act as the live/session keyboard player for Ensiferum until further notice.

Source: ensiferum.com
Band profile: Ensiferum

Posted: 10.09.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Baz Anderson - 10.09.2007 at 20:00
wow.. well.. it makes sence that Emmi Silvennoinen should carry on.. she played with them when I saw them earlier in the year
Meiju was the longest running member of the band as well.. haha.. will they ever have a stable line-up?

strange I read this while I am watching their DVD as well..
Warman - 10.09.2007 at 20:03
Damn, I liked her.
RavenLord - 10.09.2007 at 21:12
Written by Baz Anderson on 10.09.2007 at 20:00

strange I read this while I am watching their DVD as well..

Surely Markus Toivonen has the longest service time in Ensiferum...?

Anyway, she'll be missed, as she was hot, and Ensiferum's keyboards are often quite cool
Katatronik - 10.09.2007 at 21:12
I liked her too, sad news
Baz Anderson - 10.09.2007 at 21:15
Written by RavenLord on 10.09.2007 at 21:12

Surely Markus Toivonen has the longest service time in Ensiferum...?

haha yes, you're quite right..
she had the longest apart from Markus I meant to say.. hahaha
mara - 10.09.2007 at 22:09
so sad
she was very good
Carrion - 10.09.2007 at 22:38
Too bad..
Doc Godin - 11.09.2007 at 01:06
Man, next album will barely have the original Ensiferum sound (only saved by Markus). She was good, I liked her, she brought a unique sound. Oh well, it will be exciting to see what new stuff they can come up with.
Hyvaarin - 11.09.2007 at 03:42
Ahh that sucks, she was a babe haha.
Arcaliz - 11.09.2007 at 03:56
Bad news....
selken - 11.09.2007 at 07:36
So sad, but why did she take such a decision?, It could be better a break of from the band, isn't it?. she'll be missed, but the battle continues!!!
BlueMobius - 11.09.2007 at 07:37
Oh well, this band hasn't been the same for a few years anyway.
APOHAKC - 11.09.2007 at 19:12
This sucks
Aylee_Bodom - 11.09.2007 at 20:54
>.< I don't like how things are evolving here with Ensiferum...
Damg - 12.09.2007 at 04:30
This is bad, Meiju was a very important part of Ensiferum, and she was very cute too
Valaskjalf - 13.09.2007 at 12:50
Im not surprised at all I could have predicted this, seeing as to how dreadfully shit Ensiferum became once Jari left. Sad that she had to leave, but Ensiferum hasnt been the same for me since Petri took over.....just a matter of time folks...and Ensiferum will be no more.
FeskarN - 13.09.2007 at 18:04
Sad news. She was pretty cute.
Fane - 13.09.2007 at 19:32
=/ Well she sure was good and now that good is gone. And so true that Ensiferum isn't same as before. Oh those days of Iron..
Mother_North - 15.09.2007 at 00:07
Ensiferum CAN'T split up I just started to listen to them and I am completly in love with their music
~Nagash~ - 17.09.2007 at 13:59
Damn this sucks, Ensiferum is in my opinion the best band there is.
And now the only girl in the band leaves.
wes337 - 20.09.2007 at 02:50
Ensiferum can't die!!! They just can't!!!
Guifes - 20.09.2007 at 23:22
Ensiferum sure used to rock, too bad they're falling apart
Promonex - 21.09.2007 at 01:53
One half of all posters in here is saddened by the fact that Meiju was cute and there won't be any promo shots with her anymore. The other half complains about Ensiferum falling apart and pretend to be caring about the artistic direction of the band. Of those though there's only one post in this thread (Valaskjalf) who gave Victory Songs a rating which correlates with his disapproval displayed in this thread. Strange, innit?

The new lineup has proven itself both in the studio and live, on both occasions they blew me away and I can't wait to see them again in December. Ensiferum have always been great and will remain great, no matter who stands behind the keys or the mic. And I seriously cannot understand how people can post things like "Ensiferum can't die!!! They just can't!!! " - they've proven that they can survive without the main songwriter, lead guitarist and vocalist, they'll definitely survive this minor lineup change as well.
Baz Anderson - 21.09.2007 at 02:03
hahaha, I really can't believe theres so much commotion about just the keyboard player leaving!
+{Jonas}+ - 22.01.2008 at 21:13
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.09.2007 at 02:03

Maybe her looks have something to do... We can't deny that woman is a complete beauty.
Or the fact that Ensiferum has lost members along their career, but hey, they're still playing...
Maybe it's because they won't get a keyboarder as beautiful as Meihu
Lordofchaos - 22.02.2008 at 14:09
yes, it is sad she's gone too...

I think the band was only good with jari because (even if it was not his band) he WAS the band ! but he left 4 years ago... his new band is quite boring, I don't like wintersun at all...

now it seems the band is at its worst times (with the "beautiful" voice of petri lindroos haha) and the line-up changes, it seems, at every new album

so it's sad that meiju is gone but maybe the new keyboardist will have another way of playing, maybe a better one !

so i wait for a next album before i judge ^^ (and even if victory songs is their worst album it is not yet bad...)

News Textures - Part Ways With Keyboardist 7 15.04.2010 by X5452
News Opeth Part Ways With Keyboardist Per Wiberg 7 06.04.2011 by BaneConall
News Negură Bunget - Part Ways With Keyboardist And Vocalist 7 07.02.2013 by Czerny Reiter
News Illnath - Part Ways With Keyboardist 7 18.12.2008 by Daggon