Special announcement, from the official W.A.S.P. website:

"Dear fans, please DO NOT bring any cameras into the shows this fall as it is strictly prohibited to take pictures or recordings of the performance of W.A.S.P. Security Personnel at every venue will confiscate any cameras (including digital cameras and mobile phones with ability to record) from you before entering the venues. Please respect this request and enjoy the evening with The Crimson Idol.

Inquiries have been made as to whether The Crimson Idol will be performed only in select locations. The Crimson Idol Event will be performed every night in each of the cities in the Tour Schedule. After the Crimson Idol has been performed the band will take a 10 minute intermission and return to perform all the great W.A.S.P. classics you know and love."

Source: waspnation.com
Band profile: W.A.S.P.

Posted: 23.10.2007 by Ivan

Comments

Bad English - 23.10.2007 at 23:55
Damn I hope those bsatards security wont be brutal like in Ozzy if somebody will call me like thay did but I dont have acmera and phone
selken - 23.10.2007 at 23:59
many security guys pretend that the venues are theirs I hate that kind of people!!!

EDIT:
No phones!!!!
Yes, because emergencies are just product of imagination
No phones with cameras, good, people: take out your Motorola StarTac
iaberis - 24.10.2007 at 00:24
I can't understand why they don't want cameras...
It's free publicity for them on youtoube and in every other site it will go up.
Are they so money-whoring that they only want to record and release the videos by themselves?
Bad English - 24.10.2007 at 00:33
Written by iaberis on 24.10.2007 at 00:24

I can't understand why they don't want cameras...
It's free publicity for them on youtoube and in every other site it will go up.

man gate 7 csn kick all security and If you know what thay to me when I wisit Ozyy
jupitreas - 24.10.2007 at 00:38
its not always good publicity for them if their videos are posted on youtube or otherwise bootlegged because bootlegs have a tendency to capture the sound all wrong. it might therefore be bad publicity.
also, i suspect, since this is WASP, that they will have some sort of complex visual show this tour and they might not want people to see it before they're meant to see it (ie. to avoid spoliers).
iaberis - 24.10.2007 at 00:49
Written by jupitreas on 24.10.2007 at 00:38

hm yeah, you're right, I didn't think of that...
Bad English - 24.10.2007 at 00:56
Written by jupitreas on 24.10.2007 at 00:38

Yes and im anoyed of youtube I search prov video and I found all album songs whit band pics, damn its anoying sometimes
4look4rd - 24.10.2007 at 02:29
Thats just stupid. O.o I dont really get why people are not allowed to take pics there, well maybe they are conserned about the flash of the cameras that might mess up their "true" clothes or make up lol
LeChron James - 24.10.2007 at 05:50
thats bullshit. no phones at all? fuck that.
Doc Godin - 24.10.2007 at 09:19
Written by selken on 23.10.2007 at 23:59

EDIT:
No phones!!!!
Yes, because emergencies are just product of imagination

Yes they are, people survived before cell phones, I think youll be fine. I dont own a cellphone and I get by just fine.

But this doesnt surprise me, Blackie is an asshole. But cool concert idea though, should make for a wicked show, wish theyd come here.
GT - 24.10.2007 at 09:29
I can perfectly understand their reasons for doing this. Just as juptreas said above it's not always good publicity to have a crappy quality video on YouTube and if they do something special for the fans...well then it wouldn't be that special if everyone had seen it before coming to the show

And it is possible to survive without a cell phone...if an emergency should arise, then you have the security staff to handle that, and I would be surprised if they didn't have some form af means to contact the outside world
pralinka - 24.10.2007 at 12:55
I personally saw Alice Cooper rip a mobile phone out of someone's hand and smait it to pieces on stage....hope it won't be so dramatic at the WASP gigs ;-))
NortheRnmost - 24.10.2007 at 14:59
At least hasn't been a problem before. This gig indeed can have some kind of bigger purpose for forbidding cameras.
Bararey - 24.10.2007 at 15:34
At least they have warned the people who are attending before hand, arriving to the concert and having your things taken by the security people and thrown in a big box is a worse scenario (my camera has not been taking as good pics as it used too since the Celtic Frost concert I have been too )

Off topic questions,

K7, what did the security at the Ozzy concert do to you?
selken - 24.10.2007 at 17:25
Written by Doc Godin on 24.10.2007 at 09:19

Written by selken on 23.10.2007 at 23:59

EDIT:
No phones!!!!
Yes, because emergencies are just product of imagination

Yes people survived before cells but we don't know how many people (or money) could have been saved if there were a cell in the hand, although this is going off topic
albatros - 25.10.2007 at 07:43
When I get intimidated like that in advance of a show I strictly leave myself at home as well.

If you're really good you don't need to make such fuss.
RhaegarTargaryen - 26.10.2007 at 17:48
While I fully understan No CAMERAS rule, I think it's totaly crazy, pointless and rude to forbid people to bring their mobile phones, especially today, when almost every mobile phone has a camera.. I mean this is just plain bullshit.
Eternal Flames - 03.11.2007 at 01:17
Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 26.10.2007 at 17:48

If you understand the "No Cameras" rule, and as you said almost every mobile phone has a camera today, wouldn't that be a sensible explanation as to why all mobile phones are banned as well for the show?

One night without a mobile phone won't be detrimental. After all, there's always payphones, which might I add, are usually cheaper to make calls from than mobile phones anyway.
RhaegarTargaryen - 05.12.2007 at 04:17
Written by Eternal Flames on 03.11.2007 at 01:17

Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 26.10.2007 at 17:48

Yeah, but what if Im supposed to find some friends of mine on the venue ? I mean, I know every phone has a camera, but its usually poor, in the best case medium quality camera, you cant make some very good pictures with it, especially with no lights.. not to mention that video clips are even worse... I do usually left my phone at home, at least if Im trying to get front rows, but still, I think its quite... wierd and not needed.
Eternal Flames - 05.12.2007 at 04:54
Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 05.12.2007 at 04:17

Written by Eternal Flames on 03.11.2007 at 01:17

Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 26.10.2007 at 17:48

That's understandable but for one night, I think most people will survive. Perhaps just organise a place for you and your friends to meet after the show if anyone gets lost in the crowd.

And while the quality of phone cameras are usually rather poor, the video can still be deciphered regardless. I just think this issue of 'no cameras' has been greatly blown out of proportion by fans. For one night, it's really not that big of a deal.
ESTRANGED - 02.02.2008 at 04:48
LOL pralinka nice to c ya here.

cmon guyz since when rock was about phones and pictures... like you dont know how they look anyway!

News Carpathian Forest - Tchort And BloodPervertor Leave, Launch New Project 4 05.07.2014 by Lit.
News The Haunted - Guitarist And Drummer Leave The Band 4 16.10.2012 by Mr. Doctor
News Cirith Gorgor - Lord Mystic And Nimroth Leave Band 4 01.01.2013 by
Melodic metal forum Your favorite Traditional/Heavy and Power releases this year? 3 05.08.2011 by Death To Posers
Metalstormers High And Low Points Of Your Day-II 3 12.03.2012 by Cynic Metalhead