After 10 years of existence during which time the band released one demo, one EP and three full-length CDs French dark metallers Anthemon have decided to call it a day.

At the time of the group's split, Anthemon was working on the material for the follow-up to 2005's "Kadavreski", entitled "Alois..."

However, Marc (bass) would like to introduce his new E-shop, Epiphora Productions:

Epiphora Productions Eshop, at last, opens its doors!!! Its goal is to promote unsigned bands, underground labels and help them to sell their products (CD, Demo, Tape, T-Shirt, etc.). We can also help associations, promoters by selling gigs tickets.

Don't hesite to send us all the informations (dates, flyers,...) in order to promoter your work.

All Anthemon CDs (the four CDs) are available for only 20 euros at this location!

Labels, bands, associations, please contact us for more informations: info@epiphoraproductions.fr

Source: epiphoraproductions.fr
Band profile: Anthemon

Posted: 05.11.2007 by Jeff

Comments

Bararey - 05.11.2007 at 01:51
At least one of the members is helping other bands...

I remember it was hard for me to find their CDs and when I asked around a popular response was "you mean Anathema".. oh well now i know where to get the CDs from.
Herzebeth - 05.11.2007 at 08:37
Uhm...who's Anthemon?

it seems not many people is actually mourning their departure...

I'm curious so I'll give them a listen lol.
Collin - 05.11.2007 at 09:18
Well, too bad, I actually liked this band... Now at least I'll be able to find their albums for cheap

@Herz: like (almost) all French bands, they're not famous, hence the lack of mourning
dismaleuphony - 05.11.2007 at 09:19
Well I had a feeling this was coming by the lack of updates and then their singer departing... I actually found Anthemon rather early by chance on one of those websites like 6-7 years ago that let you browse artists who'd posted an mp3 to download. Something like mp3.com used to be, and way before myspace. This was back when they had just released their EP "Talvi," and the track "Withered Smile" was up for download. The band had actually emailed me wondering where the world I'd found the song - let alone was playing it on my radio show in the US!

I also really liked their CD "Dystopia" which has a very unique dark feel to it, and hints at a style of progression that I don't know any one else who'd used it. Vocalist Loic was simply awesome on this CD. One of those bands that I knew would never be big but felt like a rare find... I at least will miss them (And will play that same track tonite on my radio show with Nathalie on vox! )
Syk - 05.11.2007 at 10:19
These guys had a song on one of the last MS compilations, All Is Cyclical, it was pretty good but unfortunately a while after hearing it I always forgot how it went and got them mixed up with Amethyste and Augury etc. Sad to see a good (I think) band break up but good that there will be more help for underground bands.

I'm surprised no one is complaining about "20", that's ~$40 here which is in the average to high range...
Collin - 05.11.2007 at 10:42
Written by Syk on 05.11.2007 at 10:19

It's 20 (actually 30, as said on their site) for their whole discography - 3 albums and an EP - so it's quite cheap for us here. Albums are expensive in France anyway.
Syk - 05.11.2007 at 10:50
Written by Collin on 05.11.2007 at 10:42
Ahhhhh, whoa! I see
Darkside Momo - 05.11.2007 at 13:44
Bad news once again... Their stuff was quite good, for what I knew of it (the song Above Us from Dystopia is really great).
Thryce - 05.11.2007 at 14:23
Written by Syk on 05.11.2007 at 10:19

Actually, now that you mention, they also had a song on the second MS Compi called "Above Us". Pretty good song too.
dismaleuphony - 11.03.2009 at 21:32
Ah, well good news in the sense that the band's music is now available again... for FREE. Just go here and download "Dystopia" and "Kadaverski" for free, under the creative commons license. It seems they will release everything in their discography this way, but only these two albums seem to be available for download at this point. It's in 192 vbr, so good quality too
Uirapuru - 28.02.2010 at 08:48
Ahh that's too bad. I finally discover a nice doom metal band that I can truly like and they are already over...

Good for the free downloads thou

News Power Quest - Call It Quits 4 10.01.2013 by Sync