The Graspop Metal Meeting organization have announced the first bands for Belgium's biggest open air metal festival: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Whitesnake, At The Gates, Forbidden, Sonata Arctica, Ministry, My Dying Bride, Bullet For My Valentine, Volbeat, Hollenthon, Deathstars, Converge and Comeback Kid.

Graspop Metal Meeting 2008 will take place during the last weekend of June: 27,28,29 June at the festivalpark 'De Boeretang' in Dessel! Tickets will go on sale soon.

All info in http://www.graspop.be and http://www.myspace.com/graspop.

Source: graspop.be
Event: Graspop Metal Meeting 2008

Posted: 22.12.2007 by Thryce

Comments

Warman - 22.12.2007 at 18:07
Oh motherfucking helvetes hell! What an awesome lineup so far!!!
duyhung - 22.12.2007 at 18:13
Just 1 week after Hellfest, what a summer
R.I.Pdeadlegends - 22.12.2007 at 18:24
LOL ? Judas, Maiden, Gates WTF do they want my death or something ?? ^^ 3 days graspop and 3 days wacken !!! ^^ awesome year ^^
BloodTears - 22.12.2007 at 18:40
Great line-up. You should be proud.
Spyroid - 22.12.2007 at 20:18

Bad English - 22.12.2007 at 20:41
Written by Guest on 22.12.2007 at 20:38

Written by Bad English on 22.12.2007 at 20:31

Damn one band ruin all sorry wtf Bulet for my Valenbeen doing here
It ruins al, thats why I dont like festivals

Nothing is perfect...

Are Duitcg doom festivall, and old Woodstock and one band gig whit out warm up bands(because mously thay sucks)
Thryce - 22.12.2007 at 20:43
Written by Bad English on 22.12.2007 at 20:31

Damn one band ruin all sorry wtf Bulet for my Valenbeen doing here
It ruins al, thats why I dont like festivals

I totally disagree with you! Saying that BFMV ruins everything is just ridiculous!! There are four (4!) different stages on GMM, so there are a lot of other things to do. This is a splendid (and partly expected) line up, with or without BFMV. Because I don't care because I won't go see them anyway...
So the answer is simple: stop whining about BFMV and just don't go to their show, and enjoy the rest of the festival.
Bad English - 22.12.2007 at 20:45
Written by Thryce on 22.12.2007 at 20:43

Written by Bad English on 22.12.2007 at 20:31

Damn one band ruin all sorry wtf Bulet for my Valenbeen doing here
It ruins al, thats why I dont like festivals

I totally disagree with you! Saying that BFMV ruins everything is just ridiculous. There are four (4!) different stages on GMM, so there are a lot of other things to do. This is a splendid (and quite expected) line up. With or without BFMV, because I don't care because I won't go see them anyway... So the answer is simple: stop whining about BFMV and just don't go to their show.

I know but still such thinks ruin, I just wanna some old school metal meeting whit non modern bands

You was write its easy drink good belgian beer whyke thay band plays in stage
Warman - 22.12.2007 at 20:46
Exactly, it's a fucking festival... there's probably something other great during the time our lovely Valentin's are playing. So there's no reason why one should complain about one bad band.
Marcel Hubregtse - 22.12.2007 at 20:51
The reason I am complaining about festivals such as wacken and now Graspop is because those line-ups offer nothing unexpecting at all, just more of the same bands that have toured aorund here a million of times already.
For me these sort of festivals are just a total waste of time.
Bad English - 22.12.2007 at 20:55
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.12.2007 at 20:51

For me these sort of festivals are just a total waste of time.

I agree about it and Wacken are overated because all knows it its in TV and all talk about it and ist expencive too, and line up are not perfect too ... there shood not be comercalism into such festivals

I prefere goo to some czceh festival, see realy good thrash, speed, black band who are popular mayeb in Cz but play good music how BFMV who sucks

Dinamo was best fest IMO

@Warmen - yes try get beer for free or look to girls
Baz Anderson - 22.12.2007 at 21:48
so, Hellfest and Graspop actually aren't on the same weekend next year..
interesting..
Bad English - 22.12.2007 at 21:50
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.12.2007 at 21:48

so, Hellfest and Graspop actually aren't on the same weekend next year..
interesting..

Are thay bouth be official MS meeting again?
Baz Anderson - 22.12.2007 at 21:59
possibly!! it would be good..
I loved the three festivals I went to this year - so next year I am looking at maybe going to a few more. it just depends if I have the money, and have the means of getting there.. so both Hellfest and Graspop is a possibility for me..
Rimfrost - 22.12.2007 at 22:00
AAAAAAAARGH! They've done it again! I was there last year and it was AMAZING!
b0000mst1ck - 23.12.2007 at 04:41
at least you guys have outdoor festivals. we're left with ozzfest and ONE progpower festival every year.

i can't say anything bad about progpower, but i'd rather see maiden, priest and ATG over and over again rather than go to another ozzfest.
LeChron James - 23.12.2007 at 07:56
bullet for my valentine needs to collectively stop making music and just acknowledge their failure both as musicians and as functional human beings.
Murder - 23.12.2007 at 08:16
fuck... Maiden and Priest together????

o.o
Aghahowa - 23.12.2007 at 12:18
I had the same idea : doing Hellfest and Graspop.
But this graspop line up doesn't interest me a lot.
There are :
- bands which often come during the last 4 years
- bands I'll see in a full time gig
- a poor ecclectism
- where are you extreme bands ?
- bands in common with Hellfest and Wacken (but great bands).

I'll expect a better 2nd annoucement with more exclusive bands.
velvet - 23.12.2007 at 16:39
Woot! My Dying Bride. Is it wrong that excites me more than Maiden and Priest...
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.12.2007 at 16:41
Written by velvet on 23.12.2007 at 16:39

No, not really. Maybe it's weird that My Dying Bride at such a festival excites you cause they are way more enjoyable in a small intimate dark club than at a huge festival.
Bad English - 23.12.2007 at 18:52
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 16:41

Written by velvet on 23.12.2007 at 16:39

Thay had live album who was recordet @ Dinamo
velvet - 23.12.2007 at 19:16
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.12.2007 at 16:41

Written by velvet on 23.12.2007 at 16:39

Hmmm, good point. MDB open air... but still my excitement is unabated.
Lemovault - 24.12.2007 at 02:51
Maiden, sonata... I'm going!
I don't realy care which bands will come, Graspop will be fun as hell as always!
If the bands suck at least there's the beer and the people.. I will enjoy myself anyway.
Timmyyyy!!!! ^^
Valheru - 24.12.2007 at 13:11
Lots of good bands... to bad I have exams then...
wrathchild - 24.12.2007 at 14:22
So far, the only band that may me think I may go to Graspop rather than Hellfest is Judas Priest. So I wish Judas Priest gets added to the Hellfest lineup

I'll probably have to choose between those two festivals, I don't expect I will be able to afford to skip a lot of working days...
DrunkenFuck - 24.12.2007 at 18:10
Wish I could make it.
Iria_Maiden - 04.02.2008 at 20:07
Ahh .. seems pretty cool
tickets on sale yet?
Thryce - 05.02.2008 at 01:19
Written by Guest on 04.02.2008 at 20:07

tickets on sale yet?

GMM website: "If everything goes well, tickets for GMM2008 will be available as of 15 February. In the meantime we're hard at work to make sure the bill lives up to our usual impeccable standard...."

See ya there
Iria_Maiden - 05.02.2008 at 22:25
Written by Thryce on 05.02.2008 at 01:19

Written by Guest on 04.02.2008 at 20:07

tickets on sale yet?

See ya there

thanks so much
lml
(saving money for it lol)
oh, can you buy a ticket for only one day??
Elegy - 07.02.2008 at 13:22
Yep but, i think its stupid to buy one for only one day i mean its actually more expensive then if you buy for three days for example: Combi ticket last year was 125 euros and a day ticket 70 how many bands can you see on one day? 10? 8? en then you have to drink and eat and stuff but if you wanna go one day go i'm only trying to help
Iria_Maiden - 10.02.2008 at 00:17
haha yeah, i know its better to go 3 days .. but like im going with my dad (yeah, he likes metal lol) so i dont think i'll be able to go the 3 days =(
i'll try though haha its going to kick so much ass x) !!
thanks for the help and info =]
Elegy - 13.02.2008 at 14:40
No problem and i've just read this very interesting statement on the Machine Head website..

' We will be doing a bunch of festivals in Europe and the U.K. come summertime, and we're stoked to be a part of the Mayhem Tour in the U.S., its our first U.S. festival run in a few years. Mayhem is gonna be fuckin' awesome, and we're really looking forward to jamming with a lot of our friends again! Anyway, until next time...

-Flynn'

I hope they will come to Graspop!

News Graspop Metal Meeting 2012 - New Bands Announced 9 22.01.2012 by BoxCar Willy
News Graspop Metal Meeting - First Headliner Announced: Slipknot 9 06.12.2010 by Koen Smits
News Graspop Metal Meeting 2009 - First Bands Confirmed 9 05.01.2009 by DrunkenFuck
News Graspop Metal Meeting 2010 - First Names Announced 9 23.11.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Graspop Metal Meeting 2007 - First Band Announced 8.5 26.11.2006 by Spyroid