The following statement from Matt Barlow was posted on Pyramaze's website regarding his future status with the band:

Brothers and Sisters,

In light of recent events, it is rather apparent that I need to address what's going on in my life as it pertains to Pyramaze and Iced Earth. As I'm sure you're aware, last week, my wife gave birth to our second son. We are all doing well, but it has taken a little time to get my thoughts together following that and the announcement of my return to Iced Earth. After Michael's statement, it became very clear to me that I must come to terms with the fact that I can not be in all places at all times. Obviously, there are some of you who had the same concerns. It just took me a little longer to figure that out. Well, the point is, I contacted Michael and let him know that I very much wanted to perform on the record, but that I would not be able to continue on with the band in a full time position as planned. I pointed out to Michael that I was extremely grateful to him and the rest of the guys for bringing me on board and I felt obligated to be up front with him on this. I did not want to do the record and then back out, leaving things on bad terms. Understandably, Michael was disappointed but ultimately understanding of the situation. Pyramaze is an extremely talented group of musicians, who's work is well known in the progressive metal community and will be in high demand in a short time. I am happy to say that I will be working with them, if only in a limited term. The music that Michael has written is going to make for a kick ass heavy metal record (KAHMR) and I give you my word that I will give everything that I've got to insure that. Thanks for your time...you'll hear from us soon!

Matt Barlow

Guitarist Michael Kammeyer has also posted his, and the band's, statement on the website:

Hello friends,

As you can all read in Matt's statement, the term of our cooperation has changed due to the fact that he's back in Iced Earth. When Matt approached me with his thoughts and decisions, we had the choice of A. Letting Matt go and finding another singer right away, or B. record this album as planned and with the singer for whom the music was written. Matt let us know that he was still very hooked on recording this album with us, but that he would understand and respect our final decision, should we wish to terminate our cooperation right away. After discussing this with my band brothers we came to the conclusion that we've started the journey of recording our new album together with Matt, and we will finish this album together with him. After we have completed this new album Matt is going to be concentrating solely on Iced Earth again. So this will be a onetime cooperation between Pyramaze and Matt, and this album will be one for the books. We all understand and respect Matt's decision, and there's no bad blood here at all. Matt is a genuinely nice guy with a honest heart, and we are proud to be working with him. I will also encourage you to read Matt's other statement at www.icedearth.com to give you some more insight in the situation. I guess now is a good time to reveal the cover for our new album which is called Immortal. Let me also take this opportunity to wish you all a merry Christmas and a rocking new year. We thank you all for your support.

Michael Kammeyer and PYRAMAZE

Source: pyramaze.com
Band profile: Pyramaze

Posted: 23.12.2007 by Bararey

Comments

Stalker - 23.12.2007 at 22:51
Oh... The Iced Earth/Pyramaze thing got even more complicated... I suppose it was a good thing in a bad moment... But we'll see
Lucas - 23.12.2007 at 22:59
Well, this was to be expected. It'll mean more fame for Pyramaze though, if he records and album with them or not.
Bararey - 23.12.2007 at 23:21
As Nervel said, at least they got a lot more exposure with Matt joining the band even if it were for a very brief period of time.
Callo - 23.12.2007 at 23:23
Well at least we get the album with Matt. That'll be kickass.
ChavaIhshan - 24.12.2007 at 00:42
We all knew this was coming, but it will be a kickass album anyway!!
dismaleuphony - 24.12.2007 at 01:10
Pyramaze has been writing great music for awhile now - disappointing Matt won't be working with them but a studio effort will be more than appreciated. It's great to hear a band who writes music specifically for a singer! When a band just throws a new singer into the mix after most of the music is written, it's often a recipe for mismatched performances. Looking forward to the new Pyramaze for certain.
RhaegarTargaryen - 24.12.2007 at 01:45
I believe the albums gonna rock. Pyramaze was always a very solid band, with Matt I velieve it will be a kick-ass combination, even if it's only for one album. At least they will have more media coverage with Barlow. And I dont have a doubt that thay will find a very good replacement after Matt leaves (Tim Ripper anyone LoL )
Dangerboner - 24.12.2007 at 01:50
Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 24.12.2007 at 01:45

Damn, you beat me to it
AnarChrist - 24.12.2007 at 02:21
Aaawesome,an album,awesome.
But I would have preferred Barlow in Pyramaze permanently and Owens continuing with Iced Earth.I just got perfectly used to it.But lets see what both deliver and decide then.
Nickferatu367 - 24.12.2007 at 12:55
kinda saw that one coming
Raiden - 24.12.2007 at 17:03
Yeah, I feared something like this would happen. At least he's there for the one album and hopefully it'll turn out good, and his vocal performance will also be up to scratch. A shame though, I've liked Pyramaze for a while, and I thought that great music added with a great new vocalist would mean a great future for them.
HardSide - 24.12.2007 at 20:13
Kinda fucked up on Matt's part, considering the band kicked out King (old vocalist) in 2006, and matt replaced him, and now he leaves to go back to iced earth.
GT - 25.12.2007 at 16:14
Damn I really feared this...but at least he'll record the album with them. Now I just hope his replacement will be able to fill out the spot

News Hate - Decide To Continue With The Band 7 26.04.2013 by Tristus Scriptor
News Matt Barlow - Announces New Project With Freddie Vidales And Van Williams 5.5 15.07.2012 by WorpeX
News Suffocation - Drummer Mike Smith Parts Ways With The Band 5.5 03.03.2012 by AtrumHiberna
News Kittie - Split With Bassist Ivy Vujic, Trish Doan Returns To The Band 5.5 14.02.2012 by LeChron James
News The Stranded - New Band With Disarmonia Mundi Members Reveals Debut Album Details 5.5 20.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy