Swedish metallers In Flames have posted on their myspace blog that their upcoming album entitled "A Sense Of Purpose" artwork and booklet, can be viewed here, was done by Alex Padree who also did the artwork and the booklet for the single.

The release date from Nuclear Blast Records for Europe, and the rest of the World (except for the US) is set for 4 April 2008. The album will be released in the US. However, a label and date is still to be determined.

The album will contain the following tracks:

01. The Mirror's Truth
12. March To The Shore

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: In Flames

Posted: 14.01.2008 by Bararey

Comments

Warman - 14.01.2008 at 15:54
Damn, that really looks emo!
White Winter Sun - 14.01.2008 at 16:17
First word: it's colored

After this, I am really curious and afraid to listen to this album ...
addiction - 14.01.2008 at 16:23
hahaha!!! that's almost exactly what i was typing now...that it has pretty colours...:) it is a bit weird...quite different from their other covers...and i am really curious to listen to this album...hope its good...although they will obviously never return to their early to middle sound...
matthioso - 14.01.2008 at 16:42
I don't know what to expect from this album. The artwork is so different from the rest and reading the titles confuses me even more
Hope it will be good...
Sepulchre - 14.01.2008 at 16:50
From what I see here, I don't expect much
Introspekrieg - 14.01.2008 at 17:03
Hmmm, "I'm The Highway." An Audioslave cover?! How uncreative with this song title...
When choosing a song title, or maybe it's even the lyrical theme, I wouldn't use one that has been used for a popular hit radio song, especially recently. It just shows a lack of awareness.

As for the artwork...
The kid looks like he's straight from "Where the Wild Things Are."
It seems like something "The Used" would release.
Nyxgrinder - 14.01.2008 at 17:11
I think this guys are in love......too soft lately
=maD.Doc:. - 14.01.2008 at 17:13
Awesome titles. But what the fuck is going on with their cover arts? They sure are interesting, but where's the artistic works that used to be in cover arts? But it's like with the muisc, they grow on you. But man it looks disgusting the first time you see it!
flamey - 14.01.2008 at 17:13
I dont see anything wrong with titles. What, there are a thousand songs with the same names, just cos In Flames used one now they're not creative with names?
As for myself, I'm really looking forward to hear it, very curious.. I wont expect another Jester Race, but I dont think they'll make a bad album. Of course, "trve" elitist metalheads will complain that it's emo no matter what they hear, because they're determined to call it that way.. but then, who cares?
Katatronik - 14.01.2008 at 17:20
Agree with flamey...
Hope in a good album, can't wait to hear some new In Flames stuff...
Spyroid - 14.01.2008 at 17:40
I really like the cover art, it's truly original (and hippie! )
And the titles are kind of interesting too. Still dont expect anything though. I don't really like In Flames...
+{Jonas}+ - 14.01.2008 at 17:49
Written by Spyroid on 14.01.2008 at 17:40

I really like the cover art, it's truly original (and hippie! )

Yeah I agree on that, it's a really nice cover art.. Very different from the usual In Flames.
And nice titles too. "The Chosen Pessimist" Haha that title suits me
Spyroid - 14.01.2008 at 17:53
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 14.01.2008 at 17:49

Written by Spyroid on 14.01.2008 at 17:40

I really like the cover art, it's truly original (and hippie! )

And nice titles too. "The Chosen Pessimist" Haha that title suits me

Haha, that's my favourite too ) I can identify with "sleepless again" aswell ;P I also think 'Sober and Irrelevant' sound really fun, while 'Drenched in Fear' is a pretty effective title. Put I don't want to praise anything until I've heard it
selken - 14.01.2008 at 18:34
I know at least it will be an OK album.
Weird cover BTW
mankvill - 14.01.2008 at 19:10
As if we needed more confirmation that In Flames had turned into a terrible metalcore-type band, we get this album cover.
Infurnace - 14.01.2008 at 20:03
I get a really strange feeling when I look at the cover art.. it looks kind of cool.
enumaelis - 14.01.2008 at 21:27
I Agree with mankvill
I liked a lot covers like the one in colony, whoracle or the jester race... and of course the music inside those... much more than the metalcore they are doing right now, but I guess those In Flames will never come back
Darkmember - 14.01.2008 at 21:51
but it still in flames
Warman - 14.01.2008 at 21:55
Written by Darkmember on 14.01.2008 at 21:51

but it still in flames

And that means what? Awesome Gothenburg Metal from the '90s or crappy Gothenburg Metal from the '00s?
Carrion - 14.01.2008 at 22:16
Interesting artwork, pretty good actually Then again I'm not excepting much from the music.
Cookies Upstairs - 14.01.2008 at 22:32
surprise, surprise.
BloodTears - 14.01.2008 at 22:41
I dont what to think so far.
=maD.Doc:. - 14.01.2008 at 23:03
For all of you who says this is metalcore, you're wrong. Don't think you really know the difference between this kind of melodeath and metalcore. Take a listen to Bring Me The Horizon, In This Moment or anything like that, and then take a listen to any of In Flames records and you'll see that it's NOT metalcore!
The Black Halo - 14.01.2008 at 23:22
Did anyone else find it ironic on the cover for their single "The Mirrors Truth" this same Jester-headed kid is looking into a mirror with a reflection of himself dying and the Jester Races album cover in the background?

Of course the infamous In Flames lyric "dying Jester Race" comes to mind. But lets face it, In Flames is not sheltered, nor stupid, they know what people are saying. They know every album they put out is compared to pre-whoracle material. A new logo, completely new direction on style and design, and a picture of their "old" style dying in a mirror? This isnt a coincidence, its a direct message.
Visioneerie - 14.01.2008 at 23:53
From the 3 past releases of these guys, i don't expect much from them. Cover art is weird yet original, don't like most of the song titles, to me it sounds like a continuation of come clarity, not worth my money. Their old stuff is great, too bad they don't have that creativity anymore.
enumaelis - 15.01.2008 at 00:36
ok no metalcore: modern melodeathcore hehe or something like that... I dont care too much about the exact name of the style.. but still far from their best times of Gothenburg melodic death
Stigmatized - 15.01.2008 at 01:42
Wow, that artwork is fucking horrible. It replaces their most recent single artwork as the dumbest artwork I've ever seen.
BurbotsRevenge - 15.01.2008 at 01:43
i didn't expect that of a metal album cover - very unusual and colourful - interesting what music accompanies it
-DC-002- - 15.01.2008 at 02:35
damnit, i hope this album doesnt turn out to be shit.:mad7:
ioannisk - 15.01.2008 at 15:29
I'm really looking forward to get the new album so as to be sure the've returned to teir clayman colony and whoracle periods. The cover is really weird though........???
Valaskjalf - 15.01.2008 at 16:52
Well from hearing "Abnegation" it not too far fetched to believe that this is just a continuation of "Come Clarity". Anders still yelps like a puppy that got its paw stepped on, the guitars still sound nu-metal, still too much anxt int he vocals, and the snare still sounds too over-produced and commercial...and of course the gay vocals reach its peak during the predictable choruses.

So perhaps this isnt metalcore.....it sure as hell isnt melodic death thats for sure. I guess i will once agian just download this, listen to it once and delete it like i did with Come Clarity.
fadman - 15.01.2008 at 17:14
wooww...i can't wait for this album
MissRagnarok - 15.01.2008 at 18:30
artwork fuckin sucks....

what's happened to the good ol' days when Niklas Sundin did their artwork.. those were the best albums too..
Darkmember - 15.01.2008 at 19:55
please dont disappoint us
ParabelluM - 15.01.2008 at 23:09
i' don't know what the hell did they wanted to do with the artwork, looks so weird and fuzzy. I'm agree with some people here that stated something about in flames turning in to metalcore in the lasts albums, but we will have to wait... and see what these guys got under their sleeves...
metalhead86 - 16.01.2008 at 12:47
Written by Darkmember on 15.01.2008 at 19:55

please dont disappoint us

hope dies last
dancingdecember - 17.01.2008 at 14:36
artwork reminded me of korn's artwork(with the colors and style)i cant remember the name of the album i've seen it couple times.maybe their latest maybe not.and the in flames logo sure looks shitty and the kid's jeans are so bad.i dont like people wearing jeans that shows their bare asses when they bendover(unless the person is a girl ofcourse )
cruel pain - 17.01.2008 at 20:22
waitin for dis 1
Walter Iego - 22.01.2008 at 15:09
Hmm, not sure I like the cover, makes me think of Korn, but Korn are OK, and so are In Flames...
Mr. Doctor - 22.01.2008 at 17:10
If the songs are as bad as the cover... In flames will die for many fans.

I can't say anything about the titles of the songs... they can't say anything about how the music is.

But please.... I hope that the songs are not as the cover.
keyser_soze - 22.01.2008 at 22:04
Written by Introspekrieg on 14.01.2008 at 17:03

As for the artwork...
The kid looks like he's straight from "Where the Wild Things Are."
It seems like something "The Used" would release.

the guy who did the are for the used also did the art for sense of purpose....

however where the wild things are kicks ass...
scared me as a child!
Aebsi - 25.01.2008 at 18:51
Wow that's probably the weirdest artwork for an album I've ever seen, Megadeth comic style artwork was kinda cool but this is something else hehe.

Written by Mr. Doctor on 22.01.2008 at 17:10

I agree, the titles say nothing about how the music is going to be to me
Angry6 - 15.02.2008 at 15:53
Looks like something Korn would release as an album cover, let's hope the album is sick?.

News Immolation - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 7 09.12.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Sotajumala - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 7 11.01.2010 by Troy Killjoy
News Masterplan - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 7 11.02.2010 by Baz Anderson
News Overkill - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 7 24.01.2012 by AndMetalForAll
News Opeth - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 7 08.04.2014 by Alondate