American iconic death metal band CYNIC's MySpace has been updated with the following press release:

Quality technical metal connoisseurs and open-minded music-lovers in general will be delighted to hear that Florida's legendary Cynic have returned to creative power after a successful European reunion tour in the summer of 2007 and will soon be recording a new album, their second after 1993's genre-shattering Focus debut.

Cynic founding members Paul Masvidal (Guitars / Vocals) and Sean Reinert (Drums), who both gained reputation and praise while performing alongside Chuck Schuldiner and Death in the recording and touring line-up for the milestone album "Human", are currently in Sanford, Florida, working on the mix for three new demo tracks together with producer Jason Suecof at his own Audiohammer Studios. The three new tracks are entitled 'Integral Birth', 'Evolutionary Sleeper' and 'Adam's Murmur' but Masvidal and Reinert have already written a full album's worth of new material and the band will use the demo to begin talks with record companies about a 2008 release.

Masvidal comments, "We're amazed that we're here again, and that is a testament to the unpredictable beauty of the creative process. We received so much inspiration during last summer's reunion tour that a flood of new material has since poured out of us. There must be a default metal root in us from childhood that insists on being watered and loved, so we're just trying to keep up with ourselves the Cynic sirens are screaming inside and won't let up! Our policy has always been about surrendering to what feels most organic and staying in the flow. To put it mildly, this last year has been a creatively abundant and productive period. We're intoxicated about now and the future."

More news on Cynic's recording and touring plans will soon be announced, and a new website will soon be launched at their official website.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Cynic

Posted: 19.01.2008 by Infurnace

Comments

Collin - 19.01.2008 at 15:33
So this is official then? If it is so, I guess this is great news for all the fans of this amazing band! If the whole album is as good as the new song they played at Hellfest (Evolutionary Sleeper), it's going to be one of 2008's highlights
Tod_Engel - 19.01.2008 at 15:44
Damn, that's good news. Will be waiting for this release very much.
BloodTears - 19.01.2008 at 16:19
Exciting
__Az__ - 19.01.2008 at 16:27
Ah, excellent. Can't wait for this.
Omni - 19.01.2008 at 16:37
Yes! I can't wait!
Nacur - 19.01.2008 at 16:40
Written by Tod_Engel on 19.01.2008 at 15:44

Damn, that's good news. Will be waiting for this release very much.

Stole this words right from my mouth!
Charly546 - 19.01.2008 at 17:13
I seriously hope they drop the stupid "robotic" voice style...
rageing atheist - 19.01.2008 at 17:31
I'd rather prefer they wouldn't do it. Somehow I'm feeling a bit sceptical, hope they won't screw up their legacy. Then again, the one new song that I've heard (the one they also played on Hellfest) was pretty cool, so maybe I'm a bit too pessimistic...
Arcticus - 19.01.2008 at 18:29
This is very exciting news, Focus is one of my favourite albums...'robotic' voice and all I haven't heard the new song that has been mentioned, but I for one am not at all worried that this new material will mess with their legacy, this is Cynic after all. We haven't heard anything substandard from them yet, so why doubt them now? Big news indeed!!
Bad English - 19.01.2008 at 18:58
Exelent news
BitterCOld - 19.01.2008 at 19:21
about damned time!
DreamWeaver - 19.01.2008 at 22:23
I'm a little skeptic about this album, Focus was such a great album, I'm not sure if they'll be able to top it. Besides, without Sean Malone it isn't going to be the same.
BreadGod - 20.01.2008 at 00:11
After a long slumber, Cynic has awaken to work on a new album. Let's just hope it's as good as their old material.
Introspekrieg - 20.01.2008 at 00:20
Written by Charly546 on 19.01.2008 at 17:13

I seriously hope they drop the stupid "robotic" voice style...

Yes, I also hope that they do not attempt to make "Focus II" because that mindset will get them nowhere. The robotic voice worked for that album because they didn't O.D. on it's uniqueness, and kept it in check with the growls. That new song sounds good, but they definitely need a new vocal patch to keep it fresh...
Talvi - 20.01.2008 at 00:26
This is so incredible in so many ways, for so many people... it's a legendary 1 album band that returns, few times this shit happens. I didn't like Focus so much, but still is great news.
Kap'N Korrupt - 20.01.2008 at 07:39
What's wrong with the robotic vocals? I personally enjoyed them...however, I listened to Evolutionary Sleeper and there were no robotic vocals on it...I just knew that Cynic were going to release a new album...about damned time as everyone has already said already...
Opium - 20.01.2008 at 08:23
I don't think they'll reach the class/level that is Focus. I'll check it out anyway, just to see what they can come up with
Ereinion - 20.01.2008 at 12:12
this is going to one of the best albums in 2008
Drizzling Blur - 20.01.2008 at 12:45
This is awesome news. Looking forward to their music. Well to expect them to deliver the muscianship of what they did with Focus would be a drave disappointment. I mean, how would it ever be, it'll either be better than "Focus" or god forbid worse. Whatever it will be, I will surely pick up the CD no matter when it comes. I would wait a life time for Lykathea's CD, I could certainly give Cynic's new CD a good chance before dismissing it looking at Focus.
midnighter_9999 - 20.01.2008 at 17:59
CYNIC owns you, you and yessir you with the funky face you too!!

Cynic/

Wo0o0!!
Introspekrieg - 20.01.2008 at 18:40
Written by Guest on 20.01.2008 at 07:39

This is the only version of the song I have heard, with the robotic vocals. What version did you hear?
I personally like the robotic vocals, but I don't enjoy it as much by itself. I liked the contrast of the opposing vocals on Focus...
I still don't understand how Paul changes the pitch of his robotic voice when playing live, is it some sort of frequency patch?
H-metal - 20.01.2008 at 19:33
Great news!
Kap'N Korrupt - 21.01.2008 at 01:01
@Introspekrieg: I heard a live version too...I guess I didn't remember it too clearly...there might be different live versions although I could be wrong...
Tod_Engel - 21.01.2008 at 18:07
I suppose it will be (a lot) different from Focus, because they have evolved musically and as persons too. Will it feature Reinert and Masvidal only or will there be any other old or new members working on new album?
Stalker - 25.01.2008 at 15:24
Oh, Ill be glad to her new material from this excellent band.

News Cynic - In The Studio Recording New Album 7.5 13.12.2012 by Unhealer
News Primordial - To Record New Album In July/August 5.5 24.06.2007 by RavenLord
News The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Gather Enough Donations To Record New Album 5.5 11.01.2012 by Susan
News Revolution Renaissance - Worldwide Record Deal, New Album 5.5 19.12.2008 by BestMetalstormer
News Tool - Plan To Record New Album In June/July 5.5 21.03.2012 by Alex Fenger