It is time once more for the annual Metal Storm Awards to take flight and collect your votes! It is up to you to decide just which of the many great albums of 2007 deserve the glory of being hailed winner in their category.

As the trend has been the past number of years, 2007 provided us once more with another fantastic year for metal of all kinds, which once again proved to be a more difficult task than we first imagined where agreeing on the limited amount of nominations is concerned. Indeed each category we feel has the best selection of albums from over the span of the year with the focus on the quality of the albums, not to be swayed by the big names that may just assume they have a place. Of course if your favourite is not nominated, you can still vote for it using the "write-in vote" to have your say about it.

This year we have nineteen genre categories as well as the other usuals for biggest surprise and letdown, etc. and of course our "drama of the year" to spice things up even further.

The voting is open for one month; it is time to make yourselves heard! Visit the Metal Storm Awards.

Metal Storm Staff

Posted: 01.02.2008 by Baz Anderson

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Dane Train - 04.02.2008 at 23:23
Written by Warman on 04.02.2008 at 20:39

And you really like Systematic Chaos, or am I wrong? And may I ask, as a big Dream Theater fan, would I appreciate Three?

Oh yes, I really did enjoy Systematic Chaos, but looking at all the albums this year, which album truly defined what it means to be Progressive Metal more that any other, I felt that the album was The End is Begun.

In all honesty it is hard to say if you would like Three or not. When I heard some of their samples on their MySpace, I wasn't too impressed, Yet seeing them live, they blew me away. In fact, I enjoyed them far more than I did Porcupine Tree (whom they opened up for). I bought their newest album from them and fell in love with the band. I would highly recomened them, most people who like art/prog material dig them.
+{Jonas}+ - 05.02.2008 at 17:08
Hey I was checking MySpace and Kamelot sent a bulletin asking for support in the awards. What do the winners get anyway? A notification or something?
LeChron James - 10.02.2008 at 12:21
recognition/eternal glory in the MS realm/a chance to victoriously reign in years to come/incentive to make more good music.
r3vers - 11.02.2008 at 17:00
Nightwish could win video and album award this year.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Metal Storm Awards 2007 - Voting Closed 9 01.03.2008 by Sheol
News 9th Annual Metal Storm Awards Open For Voting 9 01.02.2013 by Array
News Metal Storm Awards 2009 - Now Open For Voting! 9 01.02.2010 by Angel_Lament
News Metal Storm Awards 2010 - Voting Open!!! 9 01.02.2011 by Kamil