The following not everyday blog was posted on Deicide's MySpace page:

"Deicide Music used by US Military to Torture prisoners in Iraq! -- Deicide scores a 1 hit with US Troops!

Gathered from evidence obtained through various reports, leaked interrogation logs and the accounts of soldiers and detainees, a list of the top 24 songs strategically used on military prisoners in Iraq was recently made public, according to Mother Jones Magazine's website. [Mother Jones is an independent, left wing, nonprofit magazine rooted in progressive political values and known for its investigative reporting]

Among a list of such musical luminaries as Eminem, Metallica and AC/DC (as well as non-luminary Barney The Dinosaur), was Deicide, coming in at number one with the song "Fuck Your God" from 2004's "Scars Of The Crucifix".

When word of this info first got to Deicide drummer, Steve Asheim, the only thing he could really say was "It's cool. If we're upto military standards of audio abuse, it makes me feel like Deicide's doing our part for the troops." Of course this moment is not the only history that Asheim has with the armed forces. "My dad was a marine, as were my uncle and grandfather;" says the Deicide skinsman. "I didn't follow in their footsteps since I was so busy with the band thing, but I'm glad I was eventually able to contribute somehow."

Some of the tactical circumstances where prisoners may have heard "Fuck Your God" include sleep deprivation and interrogation disorientation. While some may see this information as a shock, other readers of the source article have taken a slightly different view of the situation. Commented one reader of the source article, "Honestly, the barney theme song is more disturbing than Deicide's "Fuck Your God"."

For more info, including the entire list of songs, go to HERE."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Deicide

Posted: 02.03.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

GT - 02.03.2008 at 12:17
How can they be proud about contributing to torture is beyond me.
Elijah - 02.03.2008 at 12:30
Sit back and watch Deicide's popularity soar.
Stigma - 02.03.2008 at 12:31
OK, so they have basically helped the torturing, and are proud of it? Though I'm not sure what the other band members think.
Hm, there's also one Rage Against The Machine song in that playlist, I'm sure they're attitude towards the whole torturing is quite different from the way Asheim sees it..
Also I do think that those theme songs from children shows are much more disturbing than any rock or metal songs.
Bad English - 02.03.2008 at 13:23
Hahhaha those guys ge insane after 4 years if will lsiten such music isnt it great thay shood be happy that tahy can listen metal in jail not all prisiners are so special
Harlequin - 02.03.2008 at 13:56
@Kariasakis7:
You, Sir, are completely nuts.

Wheter being first place in such a list is something to be proud of, I strongly dare to doubt.
Bad English - 02.03.2008 at 14:30
Written by Harlequin on 02.03.2008 at 13:56

@Kariasakis7:
You, Sir, are completely nuts.

Yes I am but my post was ironic
MissRagnarok - 02.03.2008 at 14:34
Haha, wot? =P
Katatronik - 02.03.2008 at 14:40
I saw a documentary some months ago where they used "The Promise Of Fever" by Cradle Of Filth for the same aim
Varegan - 02.03.2008 at 14:43
thats what makes people to hate metal
Desertman - 02.03.2008 at 14:46
well not as sad as those marines are dying for oil

but this is horrible! time to reset the human race
i love deicide but as a form of torture? this is fascists..this is really not funny
it is sub-human..wait actually this is human!

Curse you all men!- emperor
xdissectionx - 02.03.2008 at 15:03
those poor terrorists having to listen to music...

ill take that to getting my head chopped off any day
Passenger - 02.03.2008 at 15:12
Uh, hello, it's fucking Deicide! Why would a band whose philosophy is that the life of anyone who believes in a superior entity is worthless, actually be worried about this? And if you are a fan of Deicide for more than their music, why would you be bothered by this?
Promonex - 02.03.2008 at 15:16
Written by xdissectionx on 02.03.2008 at 15:03

those poor terrorists having to listen to music...

ill take that to getting my head chopped off any day

I guess you're the kind of person they've got that Bee Gees song in the list for.

Mankind sucks btw. But that's nothing new. At least kudos to Deicide for being consequent with what they express and what they think.
Desertman - 02.03.2008 at 15:31
Written by Passenger on 02.03.2008 at 15:12

will it makes any diff if they used britney spears for this? its about the torture and using the music for god sake!
Warman - 02.03.2008 at 15:37
Written by Katatronik on 02.03.2008 at 14:40

Damn, I'd love that kind of torture!
Spyroid - 02.03.2008 at 15:38
I just don't get it? What's so torturing with music? I mean okay, I would infact find it disturbing to listen to Barney the Dinousar all day long but it wouldn't really kill or hurt me, would it?
Passenger - 02.03.2008 at 15:38
Written by Guest on 02.03.2008 at 15:31

Written by Passenger on 02.03.2008 at 15:12

I beg to differ, the news is Deicide's reaction.
Stigma - 02.03.2008 at 15:55
Written by Spyroid on 02.03.2008 at 15:38

Well if you play a certain song over and over and over and *sigh* over again with the maximum volume, it may get a liiiiiittle bit on your brains. Especially if you're not used to that kind of music like Deicide.
Spyroid - 02.03.2008 at 16:55
Written by Guest on 02.03.2008 at 15:55

Written by Spyroid on 02.03.2008 at 15:38

I just think it's a stupid method of torture. If they have to torture (the whole Iraq business seems unecessary to me anyhow) - why don't just use conventional methods and not playing music at the same time?
In my opinion it is almost blasphemy to use art for such stupid actions.
Stigma - 02.03.2008 at 17:22
Written by Spyroid on 02.03.2008 at 16:55

Written by Guest on 02.03.2008 at 15:55

Written by Spyroid on 02.03.2008 at 15:38

In my opinion it is almost blasphemy to use art for such stupid actions.

I agree there, yeah. No matter if the songs actually work, the whole torturing thing is wrong.
Locke - 02.03.2008 at 17:27
I lol'd heartily
Hamird - 02.03.2008 at 17:35
what if the prisoners be Head banger ??

Using Metal music for such silly actions is totaly wrong...
Poor Deicide, the worst thing for a metal band is to be used by America's goverment.

POLITICS SUCKS
and also FUCK SATANISM (Those who are pretending that are against christians but in fact are licking their balls, like Deicide, Marilyn Manson, and so on. ...)
AnarChrist - 02.03.2008 at 17:45
Written by Hamird on 02.03.2008 at 17:35

but in fact are licking their balls, like Deicide

wrong
finally a band who proudly stands for their views and doesn't write blasphemous lyrics just for the sake of being br00tal, i'ms sick of those death metal bands who sing about torture and then say in interviews that "oh no, torture is so bad, we're nicew people really"
respect to Deicide for standing for what they believe in, be those views as cheesy as they are
destroyah - 02.03.2008 at 17:59
Checked the list and... They're using RATM to torture prisoners? Seriously that pisses me off, these CIA henchmen stand for everything RATM is against.

Seriously lame
Stigmatized - 02.03.2008 at 18:02
Great, another thing for people to use to bash Americans.
Visioneerie - 02.03.2008 at 18:04
Written by AnarChrist on 02.03.2008 at 17:45

Written by Hamird on 02.03.2008 at 17:35

but in fact are licking their balls, like Deicide

wrong

Yes, I agree with you at a certain degree. Deicide are able to stand on their two feet and express what they personally think, they don't care about judgemental people who would think they bring bad influence. But i think the bad thing is that Deicide torture these prisoners ears, because their music delights mine

Nevertheless, even if judgment might not affect them, some of the fanbase might backfire. I would'nt at all, because first and foremost, it's the music that counts.
Ernis - 02.03.2008 at 18:11
I see Prince and Christina Aguilera are also listed there....not to speak of Bee Gees.....a thing to be proud of indeed.....
Lucas - 02.03.2008 at 18:20
I'm waiting for the anti-iraq racist bitch to send some REAL torture music, like Senthil or Stalaggh.
selken - 02.03.2008 at 18:46
LOL I know torturing is wrong (but torture music is not a big deal IMO) but i cant stop laughing. Anyway if they are torturing bad people maybe is not so wrong.
Spyroid - 02.03.2008 at 22:36
Written by selken on 02.03.2008 at 18:46

I think you got a good point there, just because the Iraq war is messed up and becaus the US Army is torturing prisoners it doesn't mean that all Americans are stupid and all Iraqis are innocent.
ThunderAxe1989 - 02.03.2008 at 22:52
People are proud of contributing to torture? how sad.
Empty Spaces - 02.03.2008 at 23:04
Written by Lucas on 02.03.2008 at 18:20

I've never heard of Sinthil but I think Stalaggh might make them go insane. (I think I might even go insane if I listened to an entire Stalaggh release!!!!)
Rituale_Satanum - 02.03.2008 at 23:13
haha ...thats funny...XD
Iced Angel - 03.03.2008 at 01:06
this is horrible !!!
Just read the comments on that website ... those guys are sick people !!!
I wish somebody torture them the same way ... I don't think they enjoy it that much. sick bastards ...
Vermin - 03.03.2008 at 02:01
Things like this makes me wish the entire human race was wiped out, so that the world had a chance to start over. How can these numbnuts take pride in torture!? Steve Asheim should be tortured himself. It might be an effective interrogation technique, but it doesn't justify a war started by the power-hungry fascists of the U.S. Government, somebody should throw them over...
Duy Hung - 03.03.2008 at 04:11
Damn them, this is not funny by all means!!
LeChron James - 03.03.2008 at 05:12
Written by GT on 02.03.2008 at 12:17

How can they be proud about contributing to torture is beyond me.

theyre deicide. glenn benton has an inverted cross branded on his forehead. they champion everything blasphemous and wrong. it should come as no surprise, granted its a horrible thing. and i'd be fucking pissed if i had to listen to the bee gees for 12 hours in a row.
BurbotsRevenge - 03.03.2008 at 09:04
well when u look at Deicide its not surprising really
dismaleuphony - 03.03.2008 at 09:49
Just the fact that torturing exists, let alone for these reasons, and the enthusiasm behind it has so many things wrong with it. I can't even begin. I do understand the humor in it all - but understanding it doesn't mean I'm laughing.
Opium - 03.03.2008 at 13:59
I found this amusing, although I do remember Glenn saying that he finds it "sad" that some people take his lyrics seriously. He did comment on the MUSIC, don't forget, for certain posters above me, not the lyrics.
hefestus - 03.03.2008 at 17:39
^^ I also want that kind of torture
Bend Your Mind - 03.03.2008 at 18:20
I feel like torturing those soldiers while listening to Dying Fetus.
Fuck them!!
nb - 03.03.2008 at 18:25
This is sick man.
Murder - 03.03.2008 at 20:47
this really sucks! the army is the greatest shit in this world!! I can't believe this... How are they dare to use metal for this fucking things???

this makes me sick...
DrunkenFuck - 03.03.2008 at 21:51
I want to be tortured with Enter Sandman too!!

But seriously... I can't believe this stuff, what the *beep* is wrong with that drummer?
villain - 04.03.2008 at 07:41
hahah the recent deicide shits is a pain even for the seasoned dm listener...yucky music
magatouve - 04.03.2008 at 15:20
Written by Spyroid on 02.03.2008 at 15:38

For me it would, if you're in 2 by 2 meters cell and you haven't slept for two days, what more disturbing can be more than listening to Barney?!
Darkside Momo - 04.03.2008 at 15:27
Well well..

Steve Asheim is consistent with his 'fuck humanity' views. OK

But :
- by supporting torture in Iraq, he supports the views of his government, which are a bunch of christian extremists entrenched in a holy war (and yes, Bush used the whole crusade imagery a few times). So a satanist supports christians who would gladly burn him anyways...
- he therefore also admits that the US army see his music as a bunch of noise so horrible that it can only be used as a torture instrument. They have no respect for his music, nor does he, it seems.

BTW not all satanism is about being evil and vile, promoting torture, murder, and shit like this.

Pathetic.
magatouve - 04.03.2008 at 15:33
Written by AnarChrist on 02.03.2008 at 17:45

Written by Hamird on 02.03.2008 at 17:35

but in fact are licking their balls, like Deicide

wrong

Deicide standing for their views? What the Fuck?
I wish Deicide vocalist stood up for his views when he said that he would commit suicide when he is 33 years old!!
Actually I respect those who sing about torture and condemn at the same time. Singing about something doesn't mean promoting it. You may sing or write about something to condemn it or to use it as a metaphor or whatever.... what Deicide said about the torture thing is just something to promote this childish Satanic image they have. Their vocalist said in one documentary about metal that Satan tells him what to sing. Would you take that seriously? I take all what they say as serious as the suicide thing.
Spyroid - 04.03.2008 at 15:55
Written by magatouve on 04.03.2008 at 15:20

Written by Spyroid on 02.03.2008 at 15:38

It's still bizarre to use art (in this case music) as torture.

Pages: [1] 2

News Deicide - New Track Online 4.5 21.02.2008 by Clintagram
News Deicide - More Tour Dates 4.5 22.08.2006 by Susan
News Rage Against The Machine - UK Charts Christmas Number One 4 20.12.2009 by magatouve
Albums Deicide - Doomsday In L.A. [DVD] 3 11.06.2011 by JD