Edguy are currently preparing to hit the studio to work on the successor of their recent album "Rocket Ride".

Vocalist Tobias Sammet has posted the following update:

"People think that we are quite fast but that's not the truth. I completed the Avantasia album last autumn, the Avantasia songwriting itself was completed even way back in 2006. All the new ideas I've had since then could be taken for Edguy. In fact, this is a long time to refresh your creativity and gather new stuff. The material sounds very fresh, it embraces all the different trademarks of Edguy, I think it is a logical continuation of Rocket Ride and Hellfire Club. Maybe it doesn't come across as goofy as Rocket Ride, but I am sure if we have fun in the studio we'll have enough possibilities to ruin the day for notoriously bitter people, haha. Yet it's more bombastic and heavier, not too fast cause I really don't like pure Speed Metal that much anymore. I like Lavatory Love Machine, The Piper Never Dies, Mandrake and Sacrifice. There's three fast tracks, but they are all good, not 'just fast'! We'll enter the studio next week and work whenever producer Sascha Paeth and me come back from the Avantasia weekends."

Source: edguy.net
Band profile: Edguy

Posted: 26.04.2008 by Bararey

Comments

Baz Anderson - 26.04.2008 at 20:26
"not too fast cause I really don't like pure Speed Metal that much anymore"

ha, I think that is a lot of what people listen to Edguy for.. I certainly don't listen to them for their mid and slow paced songs
still, maybe I will like this - some slow songs on the new Avantasia were great
Ellrohir - 26.04.2008 at 21:36
i liked most "Land of the Miracle" and "Theater of Salvation"...so slower tracks ...so i think i could be pleased with the new work
dismaleuphony - 26.04.2008 at 23:52
Well if it is as well produced as "Hellfire Club" is, I think it will rock... But I have to say, I'm one of those bitter people who can't take a joke sometimes and didn't enjoy Rocket Ride so much... so hopefully they don't mess it all up too much in the studio, Looking forward to hearing the new material on the North American tour in the fall
YoreLore - 27.04.2008 at 00:08
I do like Rocket Ride and the new Avantasia album, I do think that Michael Kiske has been talking to Tobias too much though .

Hopefully its good...but it seems to likes of Theater of Salvation wont be heard again
LeChron James - 27.04.2008 at 07:11
please be better than rocket ride. and michael kiske is hazing tobias' musical vision. edguy speed metal is epic. not their slow stuff. not most of it at least.
GT - 27.04.2008 at 14:09
Might be promising, but then again maybe not...I prefer the fast songs. Just have to wait and see
Spyroid - 27.04.2008 at 15:45
Hellfire Club and Rocket Ride are my favourite Edguy albums so I don't think this can be wrong
neverbuilt2last - 27.04.2008 at 18:10
I liked Rocket Ride. Especially the song Save Me. Tobias writes what he knows is good so I bet it'll be as epic as always.
santiagomp - 27.04.2008 at 19:00
Hey, that's really fast even if he says the opposite. Most of the bands take much longer than Tobi/Edguy to produce a new album and many bring so much needless singles to "win" time and to have the fans sitisficed. This is a great new. I like Tobi's melodies, fast or slow tracks. He has already a great production, this time i would like to have a tangentially songwriting - i miss it in some songs of The Scarecrow and in many of Rocket Ride. I will buy it on the release date!
santiagomp - 27.04.2008 at 19:01
santiagomp - 27.04.2008 at 19:01
Nazgal - 28.04.2008 at 00:54
Looking forward to it. I hope it will be in the vein of Hellfire Club. That album was really good.
Daggon - 29.04.2008 at 06:54
I like Edguy and Avantasia, each one has very good points but, my favorite songs are the the speedy ones, well, that's not completely true, I like also the slow ones, well, I don't care, in my opinion, Tobias Sammet's work has always great songs and great production. The problem is I think he is losing his touch quite fast, very, veeery fast.
iaberis - 02.05.2008 at 21:50
Hehe, great news...
Tobias seems a very busy dude
BlankFile - 05.05.2008 at 21:44
The Piper Never Dies is a killer song, like other Edguy songs from Hellfire Club, one of the best albums of Edguy, still i think Rocket Ride was way hard-rockish to be true. My favourite songs are the fast ones indeed, so i have to wait for the end result and listen to the album. I have to give it a try, even knowing that the last Avantasia album, in terms of style resembled a lot like Rocket Ride. Hope the new album can be much better than Rocket Ride.
juanopereira - 15.05.2008 at 22:44
Edguy is one of my top5 bands. I Hope their new album be better than Rocket Ride.

News Edguy - Reveal New Album Title And Release Date 6 28.01.2014 by Vombatus
News Ironwood - Working On Follow Up For Their Debut Album 5.5 28.10.2009 by Raiden
News Falloch - Complete Line Up For The Next Album 5.5 19.02.2013 by Góral
News Protest The Hero - Crowdfunding Their Next Album 5.5 16.01.2013 by Unhealer
Lists My Favourite Bands And Then Their Fuckshit Gutwrenching Excuse For Album Artwork 4.5 18.08.2011 by