DragonForce will release their new album "Ultra Beatdown", on August 25 via Roadrunner Records. It will feature the following tracklist:

01. Heroes Of Our Time
02. The Fire Still Burns
03. Reasons To Live
04. Scars Of Yesterday
05. Heartbreak Armageddon
06. The Last Journey Home
07. Inside The Winter Storm
08. The Warrior Inside

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce

Posted: 04.06.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

Shadowcross - 04.06.2008 at 12:26
this track list and album title scream the kind of scene bullshit roadrunner brings out.
for anyone who doesnt know a beatdown is another term used in exchange for 'breakdowns' found in hardcore. the part before the breakdown which slows the tempo down and everyone starts moshing. but also means beating something down..

could be decent though
The Shape 1973 - 04.06.2008 at 12:34
Written by Shadowcross on 04.06.2008 at 12:26

could be decent though

WTF are you talking about? Sounds like some more swords in the air metal to me. I'm off to get my horned helmet and battleaxe!
BurbotsRevenge - 04.06.2008 at 12:56
meh, i think it'll be more fo the same... most dragonforce sounds very similar... IMO...
Keiheji - 04.06.2008 at 14:09
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 04.06.2008 at 12:56

You can Say its a Fact and get away with it lol
Baz Anderson - 04.06.2008 at 14:11
what a stupid name - "Ultra Beatdown"..
I don't see this being any different from their last album, but since then I have cared less and less about this band. maybe this album will grab my attention again though, who knows..
kaos666 - 04.06.2008 at 14:14
The album name is even worse than the last Never the less I will still buy it because I am a loser. The names of the songs look like someone in the band is depressed...
Shadowcross - 04.06.2008 at 14:37
haha yeah wtf was i talking about. im sure they will make it as much like the last one as they possible can! should be good.
Mr.Tugboat ;) - 04.06.2008 at 14:55
the overplay and make it boring for me, thats why i dont lsiten to them
+{Jonas}+ - 04.06.2008 at 15:14
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 04.06.2008 at 12:56

Absolutely right. I'll still get it though.
selken - 04.06.2008 at 15:40
I like DF, I hope this album still sounds like "Game Music" xD
Ellrohir - 04.06.2008 at 15:40
i will definitely seek to get it as soon as possible, no matter what are you other saying
stratorock666 - 04.06.2008 at 15:53
some people are to cynical and up themselves. this is going to be awesome, i doubt they would release a bad album. btw isnt it weird when a band fidns sucess and doesnt even change their sound people still jump on em and start calling em sell outs and stuff. weird.
Omni - 04.06.2008 at 16:43
Lol, they just get more and more ridiculous. I think thats the whole point though
BlankFile - 04.06.2008 at 17:26
Another Extreme Power Metal album. Bring it on! I Like the previous Dragonforce Cd´s, altough i must say, that this one has a title somewhat ridiculous... :/
Rusher - 04.06.2008 at 17:35
Bad album title... but I'll have to check this out when it's released.
Ellrohir - 04.06.2008 at 18:19
Dragonforce extreme power metal? lol
Newfie_Metal - 04.06.2008 at 20:06
Dragonforce will have to do something amazing to keep me interested. They've been going downhill ever since Valley of the Damned.
Balls of Jericho - 04.06.2008 at 21:11
oh god all dragon force is the same

JESUS CHRIST they stoll "the fire still burns" from axxis
Arçaliz - 04.06.2008 at 22:26
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 04.06.2008 at 12:56

I completely agree, little was the new thing presented by DragonForce after Valley Of The Damned.
ICSVortex - 05.06.2008 at 01:16
Ultra Beatdown, that is such an awesome album title! Yay more epic World of Warcraft and Halo music!
Raziel X - 05.06.2008 at 03:25
Yea, they are cheap, they are bad, they are weird, they are cheesy, they are I dont know what (insert sth negative ), but they are also hilarious and total fun and weirdness that brings me to tears of laughter, thats why I am going to check this out
Vinnie R. - 05.06.2008 at 04:02
i heard the rumour that dragonforce makes playback at live shows, but it confuses me because they have some clinics in the guitar magazines...???
Paradox0 - 05.06.2008 at 09:06
I'm imagining an "Ultra Beatdown" as someone goes down an alley and gets jumped by dwarves, elves and caped super heroes. I kind of hope they add some structure to the songs but it'll probably be more of the same.
Promonex - 05.06.2008 at 10:23
Written by Vinnie R. on 05.06.2008 at 04:02

If they used playback, they wouldn't be so sloppy live. Just watch some vids on Youtube and soon you'll wish they used playback...
Smurfophagist - 05.06.2008 at 10:44
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.06.2008 at 14:11

what a stupid name - "Ultra Beatdown"..

How about actually listening to the album before making such a conclusion?
possessor - 05.06.2008 at 14:13
Written by kaos666 on 04.06.2008 at 14:14

Yeh they do sound depressed...Reasons To Live...Scars Of Yesterday...The Last Journey Home...yeh...
Baz Anderson - 05.06.2008 at 14:37
Written by Smurfophagist on 05.06.2008 at 10:44

How about actually listening to the album before making such a conclusion?

First album - good, a little repetitive but good.
Second album - more of the same, getting a little bored of the same old formula though.
Third album - even more of the same stuff, even less original than before, getting more fed-up with the formula.
Fourth album - Album title and song names seem to follow the same trend - do you really think they are going to do something highly original on this album? Don't be stupid.
Judas - 05.06.2008 at 14:41
Written by kaos666 on 04.06.2008 at 14:14

You said it...

Don't think I'll bother buying this, unless they alter their formula. There's only one Manowar for a reasons, guys!
Hyvaarin - 05.06.2008 at 18:02
Seriously, why are they fucking bothering with this?*

* obviously because of label requirements, but you all know what I mean
YoreLore - 05.06.2008 at 19:49
Valley of the Damned Part 4 then...

will be the same stuff this crap band has released since they started making their shit music
FeskarN - 06.06.2008 at 18:04
Songs titles sounds so DragonForce in a way. But the title sucks soo bad!
Promonex - 03.07.2008 at 15:25
The album cover has been posted online:

Marcel Hubregtse - 03.07.2008 at 15:30
Written by Promonex on 03.07.2008 at 15:25

The album cover has been posted online:

I actually enjoy this Sci-Fi cover artwork, shame about the music though...

News DragonForce - New Album Detailed, New Demo Online 7.5 31.03.2014 by R Lewis
News DragonForce - Complete Writing New Album, Hit Studio In May 7.5 12.04.2013 by LICH
News August Burns Red - Releasing New Album In June 5.5 12.05.2013 by Moosh666