Metallica has just announced the title of their upcoming album, "Death Magnetic". The band has been posting teaser images all week leading up to this image. The album is due out in September.

A short video clip revealing the new album title can be viewed here. The clip also contains audio from a new and untitled song.

"Death Magnetic" is "a stunning, overdue return to the shock and rush of the band's speed-metal monuments, 1984's "Ride The Lightning" and 1986's "Master Of Puppets"," according to Rolling Stone.

According to some internet sources, the album will be preceded by an eight-minute single which is being described as "a tour de force that features some of their fastest playing ever." The record is being produced by Rick Rubin (Slayer, Red Hot Chili Peppers) and mixed by Greg Fidelman.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 15.06.2008 by abattoir

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

flamey - 16.06.2008 at 15:14
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 15.06.2008 at 22:09

Metallica. A band that died in 1986.

zomg you're the coolest person ever, can we meet? plsokithx.
oh and, try listening to And Justice for All, you might actually learn something.
psychoticone - 16.06.2008 at 15:51
5 years of thinking and this. Cheesy.
Marcel Hubregtse - 16.06.2008 at 15:59
Btw, think of this title. I find it for one a very intriguing title. With a title such as Death Magnetic you can go any which way you want musicwise.

And people complaining it is a lame title. WAKE UP... 95% of all of metal's album titles are lame.
SEVAK - 16.06.2008 at 18:21
I LOVE METALLICA
Rupert - 16.06.2008 at 18:44
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.06.2008 at 15:59

Quite true.
K†ulu - 16.06.2008 at 18:52
I would say the title is not Metallica's style. I find something about the word "death." By the way, it actually strange everybody (including me) thought it was the cover...
Stigma - 16.06.2008 at 21:32
hm, Death Magnetic.. Sounds cool, the riff ain't bad but if the whole album is going to be like that, I'm not expecting much. Love the major comments in here btw.
juanopereira - 16.06.2008 at 22:25
I'm not expecting anything from this guys... their last good album was the black one. After that album I loose all the interest on the band.
RyuRan-ENSIFERUM - 17.06.2008 at 03:58
Ya, all album titles are lame, I mean "Master Of Puppets". I immediatley thought of Gippetto, Pinochio's father.
Destryphior - 17.06.2008 at 10:49
Urk... Death Magnetic... I was wishing for something like "St. Anger Volume 2, Another crappy album", then there wouldn't have been too much to wonder, the name would tell exactly what we were waiting for...
Frankenchrist - 17.06.2008 at 10:57
...who gives a shit about the title you guys? jesus christ its about the quality of the album not the god damn title. let's just hope it dosen't turn out like another st.anger
Øyvind - 17.06.2008 at 14:04
Do I even care about this? Probably, since I'm writing this comment... Maybe it turns out to be better than the stuff they made in the past 15 years or so... I'm not setting my hopes high, though.
THE_BLACK_GOD - 17.06.2008 at 14:37
Die For Jaymz and Die For MetallicA, as DIE FOR METAL. and dont care about nothin. NO NOTHIN ELSE MATTERS.

HAIL TO MetallicA.
Arçaliz - 17.06.2008 at 22:45
that title so.... well, the only thing that one waits is that it doesn't fence to be as that dirt of the St.Anger.
+{Jonas}+ - 17.06.2008 at 23:28
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.06.2008 at 15:09

It is NOT the cover... how many times does that have to be said?

This is JUST the album title.

So repeat after me:

This is NOT the cover,
this is NOT the cover.

This is NOT the cover
Witcher - 18.06.2008 at 08:09
Im not sure about them.
Witcher - 18.06.2008 at 08:10
Red hot chili????
Syk - 18.06.2008 at 15:25
Written by Witcher on 18.06.2008 at 08:10
Red hot chili????
If you're asking about Rick Rubin... he has worked with all sorts of music, System of a Down, Johnny Cash, Beastie Boys. He knows his shit. See wiki for more
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.06.2008 at 15:29
Written by Syk on 18.06.2008 at 15:25

Written by Witcher on 18.06.2008 at 08:10
Red hot chili????

You're forgetting the two most important bands for metallers he worked with... Slayer & Danzig.
THE_BLACK_GOD - 18.06.2008 at 16:03
the song was so nice the little part. at the very first time i didn like the album's title and i thought that its not a metallica type but now i like it:)
Syk - 18.06.2008 at 16:15
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.06.2008 at 15:29
Slayer was already mentioned in the news post, and... I don't give a shit about Danzig
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.06.2008 at 16:17
Written by Syk on 18.06.2008 at 16:15

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.06.2008 at 15:29

Fuck I need new glasses cause I missed SLayer in the news post. As for Danzig they blow that overrated country star right out of the water IMO LOL
Hamird - 18.06.2008 at 16:45
Written by Rupert on 16.06.2008 at 18:44

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.06.2008 at 15:59

Quite true.

Mostly true.
Lucas - 18.06.2008 at 16:49
Lame coverart.
Angel_Lament - 18.06.2008 at 23:32
its so strange title, then what the hell Red hot chilli peppers have to do with Metallica?
I hate that band (i mean red hot chilli)!
Hamird - 19.06.2008 at 00:02
Written by Lucas on 18.06.2008 at 16:49

Lame coverart.

No!!! The White Album's coverart is really Tr00 (joking, forgive me Mercel )
Paradox0 - 19.06.2008 at 06:15
Written by Thryce on 15.06.2008 at 21:41

Written by Paradox0 on 15.06.2008 at 21:31

eh. Sounds rather generic and uninspired

Good thing that video is longer than 15 seconds so we could all get a fair and representative preview of the album, let alone that particular song

Well, I was refering that 15 seconds of sound, which if history repeats itself, sounds like something "catchy" they came up with and will base the majoreity of a song. I still have my doubts of this band, as they seem to have lost their creative edge.
Arian Totalis - 19.06.2008 at 07:50
Even though that's not the album cover, that image is still abomidable, and the title isn't much better......I still don't have high expectations for this album.
LeChron James - 19.06.2008 at 11:33
LOOOOOOOL
Fat & Sassy! - 20.06.2008 at 08:33
Written by flamey on 16.06.2008 at 15:14

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 15.06.2008 at 22:09

Metallica. A band that died in 1986.

zomg you're the coolest person ever, can we meet? plsokithx.

I just think that the only Metallica that matters is during the Burton years. Oh, and I frequently listen to ...And Justice For All. I just think most of the songs were written the way they were in honor of Cliff Burton. Oh, and "thx" for trying to call out a former die-hard Metallica fan.

Cheers.
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.06.2008 at 14:55
Written by flamey on 16.06.2008 at 15:14

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 15.06.2008 at 22:09

Metallica. A band that died in 1986.

zomg you're the coolest person ever, can we meet? plsokithx.

There are actually more people on this site who agree with mr. Frankzappainatux's comment that Metallica died in 1986. And a couple of those people actually consider And Justice For All quite a boring crap album with only a couple of good songs (One, Battery, & Dyer's Eve, guess who co-wrote those? Yes the only songs that were co-written by Newsted) Yes, I AM one of those people. When And Justice was released in 1988 I quite loved it, but then again I was blinded by my Metallica-fanboyism at the time. Once I grew out of being a fanboy I realised what a weak album And Justic actually is. Not too mention how atrociously crap and SELL-OUT Metallica - Metallica is.
Syk - 20.06.2008 at 17:25
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.06.2008 at 14:55
I don't think it's quite that many
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.06.2008 at 14:55
I'm quite sure you mean Blackened instead of Battery, but according to my media library and the links on http://www.encycmet.com/songs/songs.shtml (and metallica.com) Blackened is the only one on the album with a Newsted writing credit. Did you get that from the liner notes?

Syk still loves Justice
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.06.2008 at 18:01
Written by Syk on 20.06.2008 at 17:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.06.2008 at 14:55
I don't think it's quite that many
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.06.2008 at 14:55

Syk still loves Justice

Of course I mean Blackened, hahahahaha, that must be old age catching up with me LOL.

I know that on the credits only Blackened is credited to Newsted but he did co-write One & Dyer's Eve as well, although not being credited for it. It is in an old interview with the band in Aardschok that just after the release of And Justice where they say he co-wrote them.
freddie420666 - 27.08.2008 at 03:21
Written by Guest on 18.06.2008 at 16:03

yeah. i agree. when i first heard the title, i was like ehhh doesnt seem metallica-ish to me. after that i saw the album cover and was impressed. then the other night i heard the day that never comes and cyanide. i love the day that never comes but i think it sounds a little like one. but all in all its definitely a good tune in my opinion. and cyanide the beginning was sick witht the bass guitar and shit but honestly i wasnt to impressed by it. but i am totally stoked for september 12.
freddie420666 - 27.08.2008 at 03:25
Written by freddie420666 on 27.08.2008 at 03:21

Written by Guest on 18.06.2008 at 16:03

i have to quote MYSELF!!!
lol.

i know i just posted the one above 5 minutes ago, but then i listened to my apocolypse and it kicks ass. the drums are some ...and justice for all shit. this has got to be a sick album.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Metallica - New Album Bumped Back To September 7.5 24.01.2008 by Nacur
News Kamelot - New Album Title Revealed 5.5 19.07.2012 by J. N.
News 1349 - New Album Title Revealed 5.5 20.01.2009 by -DC-002-
News Mercenary - Reveal New Album Cover, Title, Release Date 5.5 29.04.2013 by Dinruth
News Månegarm - Reveal New Album Title, Artwork And Tracklist 5.5 04.04.2013 by Carl Berg