Satyricon have posted the following update:

Hey everyone!
We've now completed the drums and the guitars for the new Satyricon album in Los Angeles! We have a new session beginning Monday, doing vocals, bass and and perhaps some brass too. Third week of July we're doing some keyboard/FX stuff before we go back to L.A to mix the record. These are exciting times as we feel this is a milestone in the making. It won't help keeping expectations down, but we can't help it, it feels so incredibly strong! Dates are being confirmed and offers are coming in constantly as we speak and it looks like we will start touring the world mid November. We'll post a video from the recording of the drums over the weekend and in the meantime we might see some of you at Nummirock and Hellfest. Take care.

Source: satyricon.no
Band profile: Satyricon

Posted: 22.06.2008 by abattoir

Comments

tiimmmmmyyy - 22.06.2008 at 22:36
tight tight... these guys are great
NeoSe7en - 22.06.2008 at 22:41
I like the sound of that "brass" part. I wonder what they're going to do with it.
LeChron James - 22.06.2008 at 23:00
please dont be another Now, Diabolical. please dont, and i agree, the "brass" part sounds interesting.
Marcel Hubregtse - 22.06.2008 at 23:19
Written by LeChron James on 22.06.2008 at 23:00

Well, for me it is... please expand on Now, Diabolical, please do, since that is a brilliant album and actually is what balck metal is all about, doing what you want as a band. PLus it has great songs, which work even better live.
Varegan - 22.06.2008 at 23:49
oh, I don't like to see another black metal video on MTV, they are ruining black metal
LeChron James - 23.06.2008 at 00:26
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.06.2008 at 23:19

Written by LeChron James on 22.06.2008 at 23:00

im sorry but i much prefer the Nemisis Divina sound and style than that on Now, Diabolical. K.I.N.G., in my opinion, was an awful song with an even worse video to accompany it. i mean, dont get me wrong, the album had some good songs but overall, i would much prefer the sound in earlier albums.
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.06.2008 at 00:32
Written by LeChron James on 23.06.2008 at 00:26

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.06.2008 at 23:19

Written by LeChron James on 22.06.2008 at 23:00

Nemesis Divina is a good album and for me their first good album, anything before Nemesis Divina I actually find totally overrated crap. As for videos to songs... I don't give a flying fuck about videos, cause videos are for the MTV generation and are totally useless, just like single songs. I am one for ENTIRE albums.
LeChron James - 23.06.2008 at 02:24
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.06.2008 at 00:32

Written by LeChron James on 23.06.2008 at 00:26

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.06.2008 at 23:19

Written by LeChron James on 22.06.2008 at 23:00

yes i agree that videos, more times than not, dont do bands any good. but even though they probably didnt mean to make a joke out of themselves, thats what they ended up doing. im willing to bet a buncha Satyricon fans jumped ship after they song the K.I.N.G. video, under the false impression that a band can actually make a video that makes their fans respect them more. and i agree, im all for golden albums and albums that can be listened all the way through, but with Now, Diabolical, i just didnt think that album had that quality when comparing it to their previous albums.
Memento Mori - 23.06.2008 at 08:53
forget about it
-DC-002- - 23.06.2008 at 09:29
World Tour! they better come to seattle.
mara - 23.06.2008 at 11:41
can't wait to hear it =) and see them maybe ^^
Dewil Rituale - 23.06.2008 at 12:43
yeah
BitterCOld - 23.06.2008 at 21:59
satyricon recording in LA... just seems WRONG to me.

although i suppose if anywhere in the world can inspire loathing, hatred, and contempt for your fellow man, LA is the place.
ArcesseEum - 24.06.2008 at 03:37
Written by BitterCOld on 23.06.2008 at 21:59

satyricon recording in LA... just seems WRONG to me.

Their producer is Daron Malakian from SOAD, thats why
selken - 24.06.2008 at 07:57
Please make a good album this time :S
Empty Spaces - 24.06.2008 at 07:59
Los Angeles? So that means that Frost got his green card??? They better play over here...
Lucas - 25.06.2008 at 15:11
My Skin Is Cold was a good song, but they can do better.
HolyandFallen - 25.06.2008 at 16:05
Written by selken on 24.06.2008 at 07:57

Please make a good album this time :S

I haven't heard good stuff from 'em eather since their first releases, maybe this time...
worm_is_gloaming - 01.07.2008 at 10:06
Written by Empty Spaces on 24.06.2008 at 07:59

Hell yeah, good point!
Saw them twice before, but on those US tours Frost had been replaced by drummer from Slipknot of all things
-Soulreaper- - 01.07.2008 at 17:38
Should be nice hearing some new material from Satyricon. I listened to the title song on their EP My Skin Is Cold, and if they stay in that direction it should be a killer album.

News Satyricon - Working On New Album 9 26.02.2007 by Slyfang
News High On Fire - Start Working On New Album, New Tour Dates 5.5 28.05.2014 by Apothecary
News Burzum - Working On New Album 5.5 09.07.2009 by corrupt
News Aborted - Working On New Album 5.5 04.10.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Arsis - Working On New Album, Demo Song Online 5.5 24.05.2011 by The Benighted