You can hear the first single "Heroes Of Our Time" from the new DragonForce album "Ultra Beatdown" at the official DragonForce Myspace page.

"Ultra Beatdown" [cover art] will be released worldwide on August 25 via Roadrunner Records, and on August 20 in Japan.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: DragonForce

Posted: 04.07.2008 by Thryce

Comments

CyGuy6587 - 04.07.2008 at 12:56
Sounds just like Soldiers of the Wasteland. Ah well, if the kids wanna lap it up then so bit it
Baz Anderson - 04.07.2008 at 13:37
Exactly like their past three albums. Hardly a surprise, but I was hoping they might do something a little differently. But seriously, this is literally hardly any different from any other song of theirs. Oh well..
Athan - 04.07.2008 at 15:06
Lol they re probably fans of the "if it aint broken dont fix it" moto. Like quite a few bands out there
Stigmatized - 04.07.2008 at 15:07
That cover art..............wow. Just as dumb, if not worse, than the new In Flames cover art.
Charly546 - 04.07.2008 at 15:30
Now I've pretty much heard the whole upcoming album.... And all albums before.
Ellrohir - 04.07.2008 at 15:43
not exactly bad, but i would call it "DragonForce average"...three previous albums are full of such a stuff...it is nothing outstanding like Dawn Over The New World or Heart Of The Dragon...hope on the album there will be some more kickass songs
Slyfang - 04.07.2008 at 15:54
oooh hell, that album cover is wicked!
selken - 04.07.2008 at 16:05
The cover looks like those from Machinae Supremac xD

I prefer that DF sounds the same, instead of changing their sound to something bad, like Sonata Arctica, they have done a great job getting new kids in metal xD

But something new would be welcome xD
Sunioj - 04.07.2008 at 16:57
The comments on that blog are hilarious.
WorpeX - 04.07.2008 at 17:01
what an ugly cover. Song is good... but I'm pretty sure its already in library under a different name. I think I'll skip CD.
Destryphior - 04.07.2008 at 17:12
Pretty much old material... but DF is a live band and more albums means more shows means me being there...Not my favorite song though..
Martinikuss - 04.07.2008 at 18:29
Written by Charly546 on 04.07.2008 at 15:30

Now I've pretty much heard the whole upcoming album.... And all albums before.

lol, I totally agree. Ive heard the new song and this is the same, repeated way of making song by DF. I hope that songs on the new album will be more different (varied)...
YoreLore - 04.07.2008 at 19:43
what a shit band
Arçaliz - 04.07.2008 at 20:42
With this song you confirms the prospective one contiunuation of DragonForce. The cover art it's not that it is the best....
parallax - 04.07.2008 at 23:38
These guitars sound so incredibly over-processed.

And it's pretty much the same as every DF song I've ever heard.
Newfie_Metal - 05.07.2008 at 01:06
The album art is terrible and the song is bland as hell....
LeChron James - 05.07.2008 at 01:08
Written by Newfie_Metal on 05.07.2008 at 01:06

The album art is terrible and the song is bland as hell....

agreed. negative zero innovation. and the worst cover art since Maiden's Dance of Death or Helloween's Gambling with the devil.
Heck - 05.07.2008 at 02:12
Yay! Over-produced Nintendo guitars in happy pop-punk style riff progressions beautifully recorded by the masters of studio magic and live show fuck-upatude!

I know, I know, if I don't like it then I shouldn't be listening to their songs and then posting comments about how I dislike it (cause who the hell cares what I think?), but Jesus-- I decided to see if they got interesting, and damn.... how is it that Dragonforce is more popular than MANY other power metal bands that blow them through the roof?

I'd rather peel off my kneecaps and use them for ash-trays than...

well, you get the point.
YoreLore - 05.07.2008 at 15:23
Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 02:12

I'd rather peel off my kneecaps and use them for ash-trays than...

well, you get the point.

Simply because Kerrang and MTV think they are exciting and new. They then show videos and the average teenager who usually listens to crap music with basic riffs and screaming vocals hears this "amazing" fast and technical music and thinks its the most unique thing in the world. Im certain that most DragonForce fans did not know who bands like Helloween, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian were before they started listening to this crap and most probably still dont.

They must have the biggest collection of fanboys in the world , they hear them live (which sucks) and STILL must defend them to the end
The Shape 1973 - 05.07.2008 at 17:04
I will not be getting the new album as I probably have all the songs already on the other three albums. I don't mind powermetal getting exposure but please let it be something good like Gamma Ray or Kamelot who you never see played on the Kerrang channel in England.
I saw Dragonforce live at Rock City and they were piss poor. They have only written one song and one guitar solo and repeated it a million times.SHOW SOME ORIGINALITY DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it just me or has 2008 been the worst year for powermetal or what? I hope to God that Tarot Undead Indeed is to be released in the UK or are the British to be shafted again. Not all of us listen to Nickleback crap.
YoreLore - 05.07.2008 at 17:11
My hatred for DragonForce does not stem from their lack of originality. A lot of bands I like have been doing the same stuff for more than 10 years and it doesnt make me like them less. Other bands I like changed their style and whilst that is ok, its nothing compared to the old style (i.e Edguy). Its the fact that they are the new face of power metal. Talk to someone about power metal (someone who knows nothing) and they say straight away DragonForce. Its giving the genre new popularity but for the wrong reasons. So many of these fans do not even attempt to listen to the great bands in the genre, they only want more and more of this crap.

So in my situation when you are looking for some new members for a band, you ask for people who like power metal and what do you get, some 16 year olds attempting to play stuff that the dragonforce guitarists recorded in 9000 sections in a studio. Fuck off!

The lyrics, vocals, drums, lack of bass, guitars, guitar solos, guitar "tricks", keyboards, live performances and fans suck cock!

nice rant

Enjoy your band little boys, at least i can look forward to the new sabaton and edguy albums
The Shape 1973 - 05.07.2008 at 17:47
Written by LeChron James on 05.07.2008 at 01:08

Written by Newfie_Metal on 05.07.2008 at 01:06

The album art is terrible and the song is bland as hell....

Whats wrong with the art work for Gambling with the devil. Its got a dwalf in a hat and a woman with big boobs. What more could you ask for?
Check out King of the nordic twilight by Luca Turili now thats a crap cover.
LeChron James - 05.07.2008 at 23:04
Written by The Shape 1973 on 05.07.2008 at 17:47

Written by LeChron James on 05.07.2008 at 01:08

Written by Newfie_Metal on 05.07.2008 at 01:06

The album art is terrible and the song is bland as hell....

Check out King of the nordic twilight by Luca Turili now thats a crap cover.

an actual dwarf wearing a hat and an actual woman with huge boobs? i think thatd be better than the CGI abortion that presently occupies that cover. its helloween for chrissake, they should be able to squeeze out a half decent cover.

as for king of the nordic twilight, i think that cover is awful. it reminds me of Malmsteen's trilogy cover.
Valentin B - 06.07.2008 at 00:17
from the blog:

FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORCE RUES,FUCK U POSER AND FOLLOWER DRAGONFORC

i don't think i'll even listen to the song, Through the Fire and Flames is already enough Dragonforce for me lol.

but anyone who thinks these guys are shit is obviously wrong, the guys are INSANELY skilled, really.

though of course it's not good if MTV plays them, i admit they sound too cheesy. something like Malmsteen or Eddie Van Halen would make just as an impression on the kids guitar-wise, and they aren't that monotonous.
The Shape 1973 - 06.07.2008 at 00:21
Written by LeChron James on 05.07.2008 at 23:04

Written by The Shape 1973 on 05.07.2008 at 17:47

Written by LeChron James on 05.07.2008 at 01:08

Written by Newfie_Metal on 05.07.2008 at 01:06

The album art is terrible and the song is bland as hell....

Check out King of the nordic twilight by Luca Turili now thats a crap cover.

The best the rest the rare, pink bubbles go ape, rabbit don't come easy, yes I know Halloween can play music but their track record in album covers is dodgy to say the least. I think Kai Hansen took the better album covers with him.
YoreLore - 06.07.2008 at 02:06
Written by Valentin B on 06.07.2008 at 00:17

from the blog:

Hard to tell if you are joking or not. I know enough about the scales these guys use, im guessing if a lot of guitarists went into a studio they could record a DForce song, recording solos in about 6000 parts to get it perfect. Just like they do. Listen to it live for crying out loud!
Warman - 06.07.2008 at 02:21
Sound good, looks totally lame!
LeChron James - 06.07.2008 at 05:04
Quote:

yeah, on top of being the singer of songs of human rebellion under alien tyranny, kai hansen does damn good album covers. ive yet to see a bad cover from gamma ray or the ones he did while he was still with helloween. powerplant might be an exception but still, not many complaints.
Valentin B - 06.07.2008 at 11:32
Written by YoreLore on 06.07.2008 at 02:06

i wasn't joking but...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jdMIQ1jfJm0 hmm well come to think of it yeah, they're not as insane live as they are in the studio. still Herman Li is imo a good shredder, and the drummer is at least above average. and the frontman is a good showman, at least in this vid, so imo at least they're not THAT bad.
YoreLore - 06.07.2008 at 23:58
Written by Valentin B on 06.07.2008 at 11:32

Written by YoreLore on 06.07.2008 at 02:06

i wasn't joking but...

I went to see Angra, Sabaton and Edguy...guess who the other band at all 3 of those shows were...thats right DragonFARCE. It's hard to believe but each time I watched them, they got worse! Couldnt even hear what they were playing properly, too busy jumping about, sipping Bud through a straw and generally being shite. Who gets drunk on 2 buds anyway? Stop using that as an excuse fan boys.

The other band in each case outclassed them, Angra were astonishing, Sabaton were just plain awesome and Edguy destroyed DragonForces entire setlist with about 4 songs...

Ill never say I like a band because the guitarist is a good shredder. Not all shredders can write music, Herman is one of them, he can play fast, sloppy but fast...same stuff all the time. Cant even play his own music correctly live, i dont respect him as a musician in the slightest. The two angra guitarists, watch them and learn how amazing guitar music is made.

The drums are just fast, nothing special. Nothing you wouldnt find on a death metal album or a Rhapsody album.

The singer cant sing, at the Edguy show, the Dragonforce guitarist couldnt reach a high note, the music stopped and they started from a line before...WHAT?! Ive seen Maiden, Thunderbolt, Pagans Mind, Edguy and many many others, each a masterclass in metal vocals.

I do not give Dragonforce any credit, they dont deserve any of it,anything they offer you can find it better somewhere else. It's a wall of noise live and the sooner the fanboys get bored the better.
Fuath - 07.07.2008 at 03:14
*sigh*
here we go again....
juanopereira - 07.07.2008 at 09:06
The cover.... horrible and the song it's more of the same but I like it anyway.
Valentin B - 07.07.2008 at 11:21
Written by YoreLore on 06.07.2008 at 23:58

dude! stop comparing DF with Angra, i know those guys are awesome, i don't really like their music but any band that can cover 'painkiller' has good enough guitarists for me

oh and come to think of it the album should be called "Ultra Beat-off!"
YoreLore - 07.07.2008 at 19:48
Written by Valentin B on 07.07.2008 at 11:21

Written by YoreLore on 06.07.2008 at 23:58

oh and come to think of it the album should be called "Ultra Beat-off!"

Painkiller is hard?
Spyroid - 07.07.2008 at 20:26
OMG so experimental!
Elio - 08.08.2008 at 19:00
wooooow..."NEW" dragonforce soooong...but, it's like a deja-vu, all "NEW" dragonforce songs sound like this.

News DragonForce - New Album Detailed, New Demo Online 7.5 31.03.2014 by R Lewis
News Obituary - New Track Streaming Online 5.5 27.08.2014 by Opethian