Cradle Of Filth has set "Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder" as the title of its new album. The album is expected to be released in October via Roadrunner Records. The new labum is a 72-minute concept record about a legendary serial killer from the 15th Century, Gilles De Rais, a French nobleman who fought alongside Joan of Arc and accumulated great wealth before becoming a satanist, sexual deviant and a murderer.

"Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder" track listing:

13. Corpseflower

Source: euro.thegauntlet.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth

Posted: 23.07.2008 by abattoir

Comments

LeChron James - 23.07.2008 at 09:54
sounds like nostradamus without the sexual deviancy and satanism. this album/concept could either end well or very badly, with very little in between.
NECURATU - 23.07.2008 at 10:03
I say very badly I mean, In Grandeur and Frankincense Devilment Stirs!!! Raaarrgh!!!
Valentin B - 23.07.2008 at 12:44
@ the pic, gay as hell, but the album and song titles are even gayer! i mean.. Corpseflower? hahaahha
flamesoficarus - 23.07.2008 at 12:50
some of those titles are grim hahaha
Vengeance - 23.07.2008 at 13:38
they spoke of it in earlier news, i really do hope they manage to gravitate this to a more serious direction. another Cruelty and The Beast is an expectation best abandoned, besides, I'd rather hear them doing something different than their past efforts.
Spyroid - 23.07.2008 at 13:46
This is probably a spoof just like they did before xD 'Shat out of hell'... holy cow...
TheBigRossowski - 23.07.2008 at 15:21
Cradle of Filth.... a concept album? We'll see how this one goes, I'll definitely have to download it though, that cannot be worth the money! I wanted to have an album about serial killers though! Thanks for ruining that!
Entropy - 23.07.2008 at 15:31
Damn...i never thought that music will be as bad as thare faces...what the hell is going on with gothic metal these days??!!
Katatronik - 23.07.2008 at 16:01
Can't wait! Finally the comeback with a concept, as the past glorious times... Looking forward!
- DaN - - 23.07.2008 at 18:13
will this album be more black metal like from cradle to enslave or will be more gothic like thornograpy???
xD
howNowBrownSow - 23.07.2008 at 18:50
"Shat Out of Hell"?!?! Really?

::sigh::
ArcesseEum - 23.07.2008 at 19:30
Written by TheBigRossowski on 23.07.2008 at 15:21

They've had 2 so far, why is that a suprise
Doc Godin - 23.07.2008 at 19:55
Those song titles are hilarious. "Shat Out Of Hell"? Sounds like the title of a vulgar Weird Al Yankovich song,
a MasT - 23.07.2008 at 20:12
hahahaha shat out of hell
Stuart - 23.07.2008 at 21:11
no doubt, these album will be widely hated by everyone.... irrespective of how good it is or isn't
NeoSe7en - 23.07.2008 at 23:04
Whether or not Cradle of Filth can actually be considered metal, I think they have some good material. I've just never cared for Dani's vocals. They remind me of Corey Taylor's in that Dani seems like he's trying to let out a full on scream but only manages to churn out an annoying whine.
Daggon - 23.07.2008 at 23:27
The title makes me remember one of the "101 rules of Black Metal" haha, you know that one of the "more than three words album titles" hehe
Talvi - 24.07.2008 at 02:18
Best band ever
Valaskjalf - 24.07.2008 at 02:59
FFS do these guys have no end? This is like their 20th album or something!
Empty Spaces - 24.07.2008 at 06:08
Written by - DaN - on 23.07.2008 at 18:13

xD

I read in a magazine that it's going sound more like Cruelty and the Beast. I guess they want to change to the old school... They're gonna do a European tour with Gorgoroth, and then an American tour with Satyricon... THAT'S STRANGE !!
Metal George - 24.07.2008 at 06:57
Why do people comment on this sellout band? Go listen to Immortal and demand that their new album come out as soon as possible!
Valaskjalf - 24.07.2008 at 16:57
Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

Well i dont like COF at all but Immortal isnt really a great choice either, probably one of the most mundane and reptitive bands in the world <instert predictable galloping drums and 2 bar tabs here>
Shadowcross - 24.07.2008 at 18:10
didn't really like thornography or nymphetamine.. hopefully this will break that downward spiral. i liked the earlier gothic sound of dusk etc
Hamird - 24.07.2008 at 20:26
Honey And Sulphur is an interesting name ... But as I said before, the name is not enough to make songs well, they must back to their pre-2000 era manners to release passable albums.
Metal George - 24.07.2008 at 20:28
Written by Valaskjalf on 24.07.2008 at 16:57

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

I still think Immortal is still better than COF. What would you suggest to listen to?
Hamird - 24.07.2008 at 20:51
Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 20:28

Written by Valaskjalf on 24.07.2008 at 16:57

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

Huh. Empror is better than both Immortal and Cradle of Filth but its irrelevant to this news
Stuart - 24.07.2008 at 23:26
Written by NeoSe7en on 23.07.2008 at 23:04

What a ridiculous thing to say, of course CoF are metal, whether you like them or not does not dictate whether they are metal are not. when people can't differentiate between personal opinion and reality it becomes very concerning for their mental health.
Fat & Sassy! - 25.07.2008 at 01:43
Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 20:28

Written by Valaskjalf on 24.07.2008 at 16:57

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

I don't mean to intrude on your meaningful conversation, but I think that Graveworm's As the Angels Reach the Beauty is better than ANYTHING Cradle of Filth could ever conceive of. That's what you should listen to. Someone, please tell me why Graveworm's beautiful music goes SO underlooked, but COF can just crap out any over-the-top nonsense... and people will just gobble it up. I mean, I like some of COF's stuff, and Graveworm's music has taken a dip in awesomeness over these past few years... but come on. Why is anybody even paying attention to COF anymore?
Mull666 - 25.07.2008 at 05:39
sounds as gay as thornography, they will never reach the same level of art of Vempire, Cruelty and Dusk because 1. their lame ass record label and 2. Danni is shit and cant screech anymore, so his poor excuse for growls is even worse! so technically this band is effectively dead as the bands main member is useless. Stop releasing shit and making things worse says i
Mull666 - 25.07.2008 at 05:44
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.07.2008 at 01:43

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 20:28

Written by Valaskjalf on 24.07.2008 at 16:57

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

O heavens i could agree more!!!:banger: I only recently discovered graveworm and Scourge of Malice is like my favourite album ever!! Triple recommend to any melodeath, symphonic black or gothic metal fans
Empty Spaces - 25.07.2008 at 05:45
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 25.07.2008 at 01:43

Why is anybody even paying attention to COF anymore?

It might be because different people have different music tastes.
NeoSe7en - 25.07.2008 at 07:49
Written by Stuart on 24.07.2008 at 23:26

Written by NeoSe7en on 23.07.2008 at 23:04

I just meant that some people don't consider Cradle true metal. If you had bothered to read my words carefully, you would have noticed that I did not give an opinion on whether or not this applied to them, I merely stated that some people may think so.
Stuart - 25.07.2008 at 09:59
Written by NeoSe7en on 25.07.2008 at 07:49

Written by Stuart on 24.07.2008 at 23:26

Written by NeoSe7en on 23.07.2008 at 23:04

ahhhh so now its not just not metal but rather not "true" metal, well you see that makes all the difference, I'm so glad you cleared that up man, here I was thinking that the definition of metal was about certain guitar styles, rythms and beats and what not. but now i know its all about how "true" it is. I mean fuck, its all about the trueness isn't it? I should have read what you said more carefuly. I realise now that it has nothing to do with personal opinion whatsoever, but there is indeed some Metal force out there which, unknown to the untrue, classifies bands as true or untrue. like you said, as some people might think...
Fat & Sassy! - 25.07.2008 at 10:17
Written by Mull666 on 25.07.2008 at 05:44

Scourge of Malice is fantastic. I think what justifies them as the better band is that in their earlier albums, Graveworm tried to see how black their music could be with it still being sophisticatedly beautiful. Cradle of Filth sorta did this in albums like Midian, but Danni Filth's "vocals" are almost (and maybe intentionally) laughable. I like the whole over-the-top thing, but the trade off seems to be a lack of substance and soul.

Oh, and this discussion about "true" metal is completely pointless. Nobody defines metal. It defines itself.
Warman - 25.07.2008 at 13:37
I can't wait!!!
juanopereira - 25.07.2008 at 19:36
I'm not anxious about the album but I'll listen it anyway when it comes.
Stigma - 26.07.2008 at 07:45
Somewhat cheesy name I have to say, I guess I'll (have to) hear it out when it comes.
Øyvind - 26.07.2008 at 10:03
Bwah, most of the people I know don't quite respect (that's a euphemism) CoF, and here's a good argument to support their claims (song titles and that pretty man on the cover). Personally, this is something I'd listen to, although it wouldn't be a disaster if I didn't
Valaskjalf - 26.07.2008 at 10:37
Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 20:28

Written by Valaskjalf on 24.07.2008 at 16:57

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

Well of course Immortal is better than COF but its two completely different types of music...COF is about as Black Metal as In Flames. And Immortal is just like yeah...monotonous. Im much more into music like Windir which has some black metal influences but posess other aspects as well such as Viking metal and a more refined sound than most of the "true" Black Metal which thrives on inaudible productions.

Also music such as Old Man's Child, Dark Fortress, Naglfar, Profundi, Drama, (Old) Dissection. Emperor....some more progressive, others more melodic. I have very little interest in "true" black metal such as Mayhem and Dark Throne, simply for the fact that the music is too primitive and boring and dont just listen to music for the mere fact of it being a pioneer of the music style. Emperor is one of the few "real" Black Metal bands I listten to but mostly because of its progressive quality, which is far supperior to that of the other founding blackmetal bands.
DrunkenFuck - 26.07.2008 at 21:05
Written by Valaskjalf on 26.07.2008 at 10:37

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 20:28

Written by Valaskjalf on 24.07.2008 at 16:57

Written by Metal George on 24.07.2008 at 06:57

So what if Immortal is monotone? It's still good
MétalNoir - 27.07.2008 at 00:39
Written by Stuart on 24.07.2008 at 23:26

Written by NeoSe7en on 23.07.2008 at 23:04

I think I'll build a shrine or an altar or something dedicated to the wisdom of those words.
MétalNoir - 27.07.2008 at 00:58
I was wondering why you guys were like SHAT OUT OF HELL HAHAHA! till I peeked into my French-English dictionnary and found shat... I must admit poo-pee titles are not that sophisticated, but then, CoF intend to shock and make people write SHAT OUT OF HELL HAHAHA!... Didn't they succeed? One can criticize their sound changes over the years, but the themes are almost unchanged: it's still about gothic litterature, serial killers (Elizabeth Bathory, Gilles de Rais, Dahmer, etc), sexual depravity and (like it or not) satanic occultism, with a great deal of metaphors. Their sound is getting ever farther from Black Metal, but actually they never were BM, even on The Principle of Evil Made Flesh. I think the upcoming album will NOT be Black Metal, it MIGHT sound like older stuff, but it WILL be Cradle of Filth and you can't judge an album yet to be released by titles and band pics. We'll have to wait a few months before deciding wether it's downright shit or that COF album we've been awaiting for many years.
Valaskjalf - 27.07.2008 at 02:03
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So what if Immortal is monotone? It's still good

Well I guess thats where we differ I like my music to be a bit more layered and un-monotonous hehe
MiseryApocalypse - 31.07.2008 at 21:42
Perhaps this album title and track listing are a hoax, as previously mentioned. They have done so in the past.
A concept album? Perfect. Cruelty was an amazing album, possibly my favorite.
And for all the CoF haters who base themselves solely on albums like Thornography: the band still released some epic music (ie: Dusk, Cruelty, Midian) and for that they deserve some respect.
Olli - 01.08.2008 at 02:55
Shat Out Of Hell... oh dear. I like Cradle Of Filth but sometimes the names are cringeworthy. First Gilded Cunt, now Shat Out Of Hell..

But I defiantly agree with the guys mentioning Graveworm, fucking brilliant band,my favorite is probably Engraved In Black.

Anyway, hopefully this album will sound decent.
ChildrenofFilth - 03.10.2008 at 08:51
i preordered the special addition and cant wait for this album to come out. i also preordered dani's book "Gospel of Filth" this might actually get me back into reading books if its as good as i hope its going to be

News Cradle Of Filth - Reveal New Album Title 9 03.08.2010 by Baz Anderson
News Slash - Reveals New Album Artwork And Title 7 21.02.2012 by BoxCar Willy
News In Flames - Upcoming Album Title And Tracklisting Revealed 7 14.01.2008 by Warman
News Grave Digger - Reveal New Album Title And Cover Art 5.5 18.06.2012 by Angel_Lament
News Coronatus - New Album Title And Artwork Revealed 5.5 27.09.2008 by Black Conundrum