As posted on the Cavalera Conspiracy MySpace:

"Cavalera Conspiracy has been deemed an "inappropriate" band to perform with Judas Priest on their Priest Feast 2008 tour dates in Australia and New Zealand, and have thusly been forced to cancel their appearance at the previously announced tour dates in the southern Pacific.

Although Cavalera Conspiracy (featuring Max and Iggor of the legendary Sepultura) had several amazing and successful dates with their brothers in Priest throughout Eastern Europe, apparently the band has been deemed too inflammatory to open for Priest in Australia and NZ..

So, with that said, this post is an apology to the fans in the Australia and New Zealand for the cancellations. The Cavalera brothers will be back soon (..hopefully with a more reasonably priced tour...)!"

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Cavalera Conspiracy

Posted: 03.08.2008 by flamesoficarus

Comments

Eternal Flames - 03.08.2008 at 16:12
Damn, this tour seems to be surrounded with controversy and bad luck.

Firstly, Daysend get get dumped from the tour. Then the New Zealand date is cancelled, followed by this. I'm sure there will be heaps of people wanting refunds now especially considering there would have been a lot of people going to the show solely to see Cavalera Conspiracy.

And in addition, unless a band of similar calibre is added to the lineup the ticket prices would seem a bit overpriced now that CC is no longer playing.
Maxmaider - 03.08.2008 at 16:29
i pretty much cried when i found out, ive been waiting since i was 10 to see the two people that i have worshiped and idolised and now they have been deemed an "inappropriate" band to perform with Judas Priest, what the fuck they toured with them in europe for hells sake. i better get a refund on it if not i will be angry. i bet it was the government that did this or something like that

oh well, hopefully now they will do a headline tour which is what they should of done in the first place
Syk - 03.08.2008 at 18:26
Written by Guest on 03.08.2008 at 16:29
Should have done.
Stuart - 03.08.2008 at 23:05
Written by Guest on 03.08.2008 at 16:29

nevermind, they're not that good live anyways
M€†aLWaRrIöR™ - 04.08.2008 at 03:28
MMMMMMMM!! That so bad!! i saw them last night and it was so freaking excellent!!
PrettyMao - 04.08.2008 at 17:35
Written by Syk on 03.08.2008 at 18:26

Written by Guest on 03.08.2008 at 16:29
Should have done.

I'm glad to see that some people on this site actually care about using proper English. You have restored my faith in humanity.

Thank you.
Xtreme Jax - 04.08.2008 at 18:57
Written by Eternal Flames on 03.08.2008 at 16:12

Damn, this tour seems to be surrounded with controversy and bad luck.

Daysend are off the tour, too? Not a fan, but I too am finding this tours happenings somewhat odd. Also a little disappointed that CC is off the tour... I'm going to hope for the unlikely choice of Rose Tattoo being put in their place.
Eternal Flames - 05.08.2008 at 08:42
Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.08.2008 at 18:57

Written by Eternal Flames on 03.08.2008 at 16:12

Damn, this tour seems to be surrounded with controversy and bad luck.

Yeah, Daysend were replaced by Electric Mary.

Now that you mention it though, Rose Tattoo would definitely make good supports.
LeChron James - 05.08.2008 at 10:23
Written by Syk on 03.08.2008 at 18:26

Written by Guest on 03.08.2008 at 16:29
Should have done.

well played sir.
Xtreme Jax - 05.08.2008 at 18:07
Written by Eternal Flames on 05.08.2008 at 08:42

Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.08.2008 at 18:57

Written by Eternal Flames on 03.08.2008 at 16:12

Damn, this tour seems to be surrounded with controversy and bad luck.

Yeah, Daysend were replaced by Electric Mary.

They sound about as bad as Daysend. What's with the massive name bands getting crap supports for Aus? It doesn't make their set any better.

I'd still gladly go if Rose Tattoo played and Judas Priest pulled out,
Evican - 06.08.2008 at 14:21
Yeah, Daysend are now supporting Carcass instead. WOO!!!
Eternal Flames - 08.08.2008 at 15:16
Written by Xtreme Jax on 05.08.2008 at 18:07

Written by Eternal Flames on 05.08.2008 at 08:42

Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.08.2008 at 18:57

Written by Eternal Flames on 03.08.2008 at 16:12

Damn, this tour seems to be surrounded with controversy and bad luck.

Yeah, Daysend were replaced by Electric Mary.

I'd still gladly go if Rose Tattoo played and Judas Priest pulled out,

Yeah I didn't think too much of Electric Mary when I first heard them either.

Apparently ticketek have had a lot of people coming in asking for refunds, so if a decent support is announced I might just try get a gold ticket if there are any left/refunded.
Xtreme Jax - 08.08.2008 at 16:36
Written by Eternal Flames on 08.08.2008 at 15:16

Written by Xtreme Jax on 05.08.2008 at 18:07

Written by Eternal Flames on 05.08.2008 at 08:42

Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.08.2008 at 18:57

Written by Eternal Flames on 03.08.2008 at 16:12

Damn, this tour seems to be surrounded with controversy and bad luck.

Yeah, Daysend were replaced by Electric Mary.

I'd still gladly go if Rose Tattoo played and Judas Priest pulled out,

Yeah I didn't think too much of Electric Mary when I first heard them either.

... My word, I love you, haha! Didn't think about going and refunding for a gold ticket, as I have a silver floor. Where abouts are you located?
Eternal Flames - 12.08.2008 at 05:44
Written by Xtreme Jax on 08.08.2008 at 16:36

Written by Eternal Flames on 08.08.2008 at 15:16

Written by Xtreme Jax on 05.08.2008 at 18:07

Written by Eternal Flames on 05.08.2008 at 08:42

Written by Xtreme Jax on 04.08.2008 at 18:57

Written by Eternal Flames on 03.08.2008 at 16:12

Damn, this tour seems to be surrounded with controversy and bad luck.

Yeah, Daysend were replaced by Electric Mary.

I'd still gladly go if Rose Tattoo played and Judas Priest pulled out,

Yeah I didn't think too much of Electric Mary when I first heard them either.

Ah I haven't got tickets for it yet. Hence why I'm waiting for further details to be announced regarding the supports and all that. If there are no gold standing tickets left I might still go for silver standing. Otherwise as far as I'm concerned it's not worth paying $150 for seats.

News Rosetta - Announce Australian Tour Dates, Update On Documentary 5.5 21.04.2012 by Boxcar Willy
News Dark Tranquillity - Turkish Tour Dates Cancelled 5.5 01.12.2009 by Bad English
News Testament - Australian Tour Dates 5.5 05.10.2006 by