Original news, posted on 13.08.2008

Nuclear Blast offered the following update:

"American Heavy Metal legend Anthrax are back and about to enter the studio. Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante has issued the following update: "We're entering the studio in October to start recording. We wanted a Halloween vibe. I wanna do my drum tracks dressed like Ringo."

Furthermore, Anthrax will play their first Korean show ever, playing the Dongducheon Rock Festival."

You can read the full blog by Charlie Benante here.

UPDATE

Here's an update from Anthrax drummer Charlie Benante:

"We have 13 brand new Anthrax songs, we have 4 (maybe 5) B-Sides. The B Sides will be "Brain of J" - Pearl Jam, "Big Eyes" - Cheap Trick, "New Noise" - The Refused, "Running Down a Dream" - Tom Petty, and maybe an Anvil cover - "Jackhammer"? Or maybe an Alice Cooper cover - "We Die Young"?

The new tunes are very strong. We have some old school thrash and some stuff that is like "We've Come For You All" meets "Sound Of White Noise". This record is not forced - it is a very organic and honest representation of where we are as a band and as writers. I hear many things nowadays that sound forced, I ain't digging that. There is a 6-minute tune called "Down Goes The Sun", I believe it is one of my favorite songs. The music itself is epic, it sends chills up my spine. "Face with No Name", "The Devil You Know", "Earth On Hell" - all killer.

"Worship Music" should be out in May. We enter the studio on Nov 4th, the day that change comes, hahahaha."

"Worship Music" will be the first Anthrax album to feature new vocalist Dan Nelson and the band's first album since 2003's "We've Come For You All".

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Anthrax

Posted: 23.10.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

Ferdusk - 13.08.2008 at 17:31
i wish jhon is back... is?
LeChron James - 14.08.2008 at 05:43
PLEASE be good. for me, PLEASE be good. and its heavy metal LEGENDS, not legend.
MortalTheory - 15.08.2008 at 09:59
this one better be good, every old school thrash band seems to suck now.
DrunkenFuck - 17.08.2008 at 21:48
Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 09:59

this one better be good, every old school thrash band seems to suck now.

You've been buying the wrong cd's then ^^
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.08.2008 at 21:50
Mmm I doubt that this will be good cause We've Come For Ya All sucked big time, actually The OSund Of White Noise was the last good album by them. And their last good thrash album was Among The Living imo.
Dangerboner - 18.08.2008 at 02:15
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2008 at 21:50

Stomp 442 is okay, but yeah, the new album will suck. I thought you liked WCFYA though....but I do hate it, except for that one song with the crazy drumming.
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.08.2008 at 03:12
Written by Dangerboner on 18.08.2008 at 02:15

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2008 at 21:50

I thought you liked WCFYA though...

I don't know how I ever gave you that idea. I am one of those very few people that thinks that Spreading The Disease is their pinnacle, followed by Fistful of Metal, then The Sound Of White Noise and only then Among The Living. And when it comes to State Of Euphoria, Persistence Of Time and the rest, well, the less said the better. Yes, me being the grumpy bitter everything-was-better-long-long-ago old sod once again
MortalTheory - 18.08.2008 at 06:42
Written by DrunkenFuck on 17.08.2008 at 21:48

Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 09:59

this one better be good, every old school thrash band seems to suck now.

You've been buying the wrong cd's then ^^

well, not EVERY, i mean... i hated the new metallica album, and the new megadeth, and the new slayer... so maybe it's just the big 4 that are plagued, hopefully anthrax turns out differently..
DrunkenFuck - 18.08.2008 at 09:21
Written by Guest on 18.08.2008 at 06:42

Written by DrunkenFuck on 17.08.2008 at 21:48

Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 09:59

this one better be good, every old school thrash band seems to suck now.

You've been buying the wrong cd's then ^^

Yeah, okay same here I only liked the Megadeth album. But stuff like Death Angel, Onslaught, Testament and to some degree Exodus kicks serious butt.
MortalTheory - 19.08.2008 at 10:38
Written by DrunkenFuck on 18.08.2008 at 09:21

Written by Guest on 18.08.2008 at 06:42

Written by DrunkenFuck on 17.08.2008 at 21:48

Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 09:59

this one better be good, every old school thrash band seems to suck now.

You've been buying the wrong cd's then ^^

Exactly, i meant really just the big 4. Because Testament owns.
DrunkenFuck - 19.08.2008 at 10:55
Written by Guest on 19.08.2008 at 10:38

Written by DrunkenFuck on 18.08.2008 at 09:21

Written by Guest on 18.08.2008 at 06:42

Written by DrunkenFuck on 17.08.2008 at 21:48

Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 09:59

this one better be good, every old school thrash band seems to suck now.

You've been buying the wrong cd's then ^^

Exactly, i meant really just the big 4. Because Testament owns.

Ah, okay ^^
THRASHTILDEATH - 06.10.2008 at 04:42
It great that they are geting back in the studio but i wish it was joey singing on the album dan nelson is good but joey is the anthrax singing they had behind john then neil but i hope the ablum is good and i hope it BETTER than WE've come for you all . the only good song is safe home . anyway i hope it good but i will always be ANTHRAX 4 LIFE
Marfere - 23.10.2008 at 16:20
Written by DrunkenFuck on 18.08.2008 at 09:21

Written by Guest on 18.08.2008 at 06:42

Written by DrunkenFuck on 17.08.2008 at 21:48

Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 09:59

this one better be good, every old school thrash band seems to suck now.

You've been buying the wrong cd's then ^^

I totally agree with you! I doubt that the upcoming album by Anthrax will be at their level though
Syk - 23.10.2008 at 16:55
Earth on Hell? Hmm... looking forward to their version of New Noise
Doc Godin - 23.10.2008 at 22:34
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2008 at 03:12

I thought Spreading The Disease was the peak? I always thought of it that way...I thought everyone else did as well....

I don't know about this album, I'd like to think its going to be good, but I just have a bad feeling.
TEXASTHUNDER - 24.10.2008 at 01:45
I'm looking forward to the new Anthrax. Dan Nelson should be o.k. More of a John Bush style than a Joey Belladonna style of singer. Whick is cool by me. I prefer the Bush days to the Belladonna days anyway.:beer2:
Black Conundrum - 24.10.2008 at 02:08
Well, the fact that Anthrax are entering the studio once again is nice news. I don't really have a comment on how I think the album will turn out, though.
Marfere - 24.10.2008 at 13:53
Written by Doc Godin on 23.10.2008 at 22:34

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.08.2008 at 03:12

I thought so too. Not that I'm a huge fan of Anthrax but I think Spreading The Disease was their peak and their best album.
DrunkenFuck - 27.10.2008 at 00:59
I think Among the Living is overrated. But I'm glad to hear you showing Sound of White Noise some love. That is a great record if you ask me.

News Mercenary - Entering The Studio 5.5 19.08.2007 by Locke
News Daylight Dies - Entering The Studio In Mid-October 5.5 19.08.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Hammerfall - Entering The Studio 5.5 23.09.2008 by Angel_Lament
News Deeds Of Flesh - Entering The Studio In November 5.5 22.10.2007 by Bad English
News Soilwork - Entering The Studio In March 2007 5.5 09.01.2007 by Katatronik