On their official website, vocalist Hansi Kürsch has posted a couple of updates for news-hungry fans. The band recently played at the Kobesatonik festival in Bilbao, Spain, and enjoyed it thoroughly, describing the show as "a real blast... a pity we could not play longer." After the show, the band watched an impressive Kiss show and apparently picked up some pyrotechnic tips for their next tours. They enjoyed the Spanish experience so much, in fact, that they have announced two more shows there in September, with a possible third coming in October. The confirmed dates for the September shows are:

12/09/08 - Guadalajara, Spain (Plaza del Toros)
13/09/08 - Barcelona, Spain (Razzmatazz)

In other news, the band have been in San Diego, USA, promoting 'Sacred II', a computer game for which they have composed some music (a trailer can be found here) and for which they attended an RPG convention in Münster (photos can be found here). They have also opened their own online store, which has merchandise from past tours. They have also started writing new material. According to Hansi:

As for songwriting I would say we have a really good run at the moment. The songs we have so far are more on the epic side but that has to be considered to be my humble (nevertheless sincerely honest) opinion. The song "Sacred" might give you a first hint in which direction things are going. I have not given thought to the global lyrical concept of the next album. Since this naturally will be determined by the musical content I lean more towards fantasy topics for the already accomplished ones. I am checking all sorts of sources right now and have found some interesting and very promising stuff already.

We have not set up any precise production or release schedule yet. The year 2009 most probably will filled with studio work. Still there is a good chance we play a minimum amount of shows either in Europe or in South America during summer 2009. We will surely not forget to let you know whether we do so or not.

Source: blind-guardian.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian

Posted: 22.08.2008 by Judas

Comments

LeChron James - 22.08.2008 at 22:55
LOLOLOLOL BLIND GUARDIAN IS HILARIOUS. those pictures kill me.
WorpeX - 22.08.2008 at 23:37
Nice! Good news, I really like the sacred song, so more of that is definitely not a bad thing!
ArcesseEum - 23.08.2008 at 00:38
A Bard wearing full plate? How is he going to cast spells with an Arcane Spell Failure rate like that!?
White Winter Sun - 23.08.2008 at 01:08
New material on the way, this is a really good news.
Black Conundrum - 23.08.2008 at 02:33
Written by White Winter Sun on 23.08.2008 at 01:08

New material on the way, this is a really good news.

Yes it is.
Piro - 23.08.2008 at 03:11
Finally some kind of update from them -.-
Adus - 23.08.2008 at 13:30
Game looks great... if this were 2001. Didn't Blind Guardian also include a song for the horrid Uwe Boll movie 'In The Name of the King'? I wish they'd stop lending their name to such poor products. My only hope is they got paid a good amount so they can keep touring and making music.

The song, however, sounds quite good. With that hinting at the new album's style along with the overused but still effective description of 'epic', I'm looking forward to whatever BG throws this way. Though, my favorite album of theirs is still A Night at the Opera which most fans seem to disagree with me about. I would not be opposed to another 'And Then There Was Silence'.
DrunkenFuck - 23.08.2008 at 14:49
Written by Adus on 23.08.2008 at 13:30

Game looks great... if this were 2001.

Come on, be fair. In 2001 the Xbox had just been released. It's fucking seven years ago, I swear to you that that game could not run on any 7 old systems. I actually find the graphics quite okay. I don't have to be overly impressed EVERYTIME I buy a new game. As long as it's not bad, it's okay. I'm getting it.
Piro - 23.08.2008 at 16:15
Comon, do graphics really matter that much to you people? I would prefer playability and an overall fun factor to a game rather than standing around staring at fake scenery all day.
Adus - 24.08.2008 at 07:07
Well, there's a bit more than just graphics. I think the animations are rather wooden, and the spell effects look very dated. If you WANT to talk graphics, it looks decent, but for today's standards it could be a lot better. The mounted combat seems pretty cool, but everything has this strange mechanical movement to it. It would look better if there was a bit more fluid motion. The terrain itself is simply average. Perhaps 2001 was an exaggeration, but some graphically great games came out around then, such as Metal Gear Solid 2. Course I can't talk about gameplay, I haven't played it, but I can certainly voice my first impressions.

Anyways, the best thing about the trailer is the song by far. I just feel like it's not going to turn any heads when it's released. It looks like every other medievel fantasy game in the world. If there's something innovative about it, they didn't do a very good job of making it noticable.
juanopereira - 24.08.2008 at 19:38
What a great band! One of my favorites!
WolvenAncestry - 25.08.2008 at 02:53
Written by Piro on 23.08.2008 at 03:11

Finally some kind of update from them -.-

Yeah no kidding! Looking forward to their new material. Blind Guardian is the only power metal band I can tolerate.

Reviews Blind Guardian - Tales From The Twilight World 7.5 22.06.2007 by Katatronik
Reviews Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side 7.5 27.12.2010 by