Power metallers DragonForce have their upcoming album "Ultra Beatdown" available for streaming on their MySpace page.

The album is scheduled to be released on 26 August in North America and on 27 August for a worldwide release via Roadrunner Records.

Album tracklist:

01. Heroes Of Our Time
02. The Fire Still Burns
03. Reasons To Live
04. Scars Of Yesterday
05. Heartbreak Armageddon
06. The Last Journey Home
07. Inside The Winter Storm
08. The Warrior Inside

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: DragonForce

Posted: 19.08.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

CyGuy6587 - 19.08.2008 at 18:19
I can't imagine anyone who hasn't already heard it

It's boring anyway, I wonder how long they can keep it up
Junkfood08 - 19.08.2008 at 18:21
it's totaly boring......yea,how long can day keep it up
ApocalypticaMax3 - 19.08.2008 at 18:28
Woh, nothing new there XD Though the beginning of Reason to live is something I had never heard from there XD It's weird...but I kinda like it XD But after that, the song starts sounding a lot like fury of the storm...Anyway XD

Oh well, Dragonforce Stays Dragonforce...!
Spyroid - 19.08.2008 at 18:53
Actually listened to Dragonforce today (at 9:00 AM just to wake up at work) and I thought that it would be nice to here something new from them. Didn't know that they had an upcoming at all, so I'll check this out asap.
Introspekrieg - 19.08.2008 at 19:29
When I listened to this album I was almost as surprised as I was when I heard Watershed and 01011001...
Saviour73 - 19.08.2008 at 20:00
The album doesn't diverge from their past style but it has some interesting parts to it. The intros to The Fire Still Burns and Reasons To Live are some example. I still love all their guitar work, even though they have played every note on the fretboard about a million times haha. Its not as good as Sonic Firestorm but I still like it, whats there not to like about a band with a crazy asian in it.
juanopereira - 19.08.2008 at 20:52
More of the same. Nothing new, boring and predictible. Take it easy guys!! We all know the inmense talent you have! fast it's not the same as good.
DrunkenFuck - 19.08.2008 at 21:55
Written by juanopereira on 19.08.2008 at 20:52

Amen to that.
Trojanman190 - 19.08.2008 at 23:30
I actually thought this album was a step in the right direction for them. They still mostly follow the same formula but they have absolutely slowed down a bit and actually started playing. Some of the songs are extremely catchy and slowed down enough for the listener to actually be able to appreciate what is going on. The Fire Still Burns, Reasons to Live, and Inside the Winter Storm all follow that same old formula but slow down and diverge just enough to really stand out. I hope Dragonforce keeps moving in this direction.

btw the songs are still really fast.... slow for Dragonforce is still much faster than most other stuff....
Black Conundrum - 20.08.2008 at 01:09
Meh
Doc Godin - 20.08.2008 at 02:24
Hasn't this album been released 3 times already?
Unconsecrated - 20.08.2008 at 03:29
Is this a new album? I thought that this was a re-release hehe
Seriously these guys aren't creative at all.
Shadowcross - 20.08.2008 at 05:51
I'm really liking it.
Yeah it's pretty samey... but entertaining all the same.
Shadowcross - 20.08.2008 at 05:52
oh, but the lyrics don't really mean anything. they could write about something a little more serious maybe or at least act like they're into it like Rhapsody..
LeChron James - 20.08.2008 at 06:38
Written by Doc Godin on 20.08.2008 at 02:24

Hasn't this album been released 3 times already?

seriously. this is like every other dragonforce album. literally.
Doc Godin - 20.08.2008 at 06:50
Written by LeChron James on 20.08.2008 at 06:38

Written by Doc Godin on 20.08.2008 at 02:24

Hasn't this album been released 3 times already?

seriously. this is like every other dragonforce album. literally.

Yeah, not just sounds like, it actually is, give me a few days and I can probably find 1 song from there previous albums that sounds exactly like each one off of there, I say days because I can only handle so much dragonforce at once.

....Though I admit I do like the cover artwork...shame its gone to waste.
LeChron James - 20.08.2008 at 06:53
Written by Doc Godin on 20.08.2008 at 06:50

Written by LeChron James on 20.08.2008 at 06:38

Written by Doc Godin on 20.08.2008 at 02:24

Hasn't this album been released 3 times already?

seriously. this is like every other dragonforce album. literally.

Yeah, not just sounds like, it actually is, give me a few days and I can probably find 1 song from there previous albums that sounds exactly like one off of there, I say days because I can only handle so much dragonforce at once.

....Though I admit I do like the cover artwork...shame its gone to waste.

yeah dragonforce overdose is characterized by dangerously elevated blood pressure, dialated pupils and bleeding from the ears and, if extreme enough, the anus. not my cup of tea by any means LOL.

and as far as the cover is concerned, its definitely better than some of the other covers ive seen lately.
Doc Godin - 20.08.2008 at 06:56
Written by LeChron James on 20.08.2008 at 06:53

Written by Doc Godin on 20.08.2008 at 06:50

Written by LeChron James on 20.08.2008 at 06:38

Written by Doc Godin on 20.08.2008 at 02:24

Hasn't this album been released 3 times already?

seriously. this is like every other dragonforce album. literally.

....Though I admit I do like the cover artwork...shame its gone to waste.

Yeah, I was getting hopeful when I saw the cover, because that would be a cool looking piece of artwork to have sitting on my shelf, but Im not going to pay 15 dollars for liner notes. I'll definitely pick it up when someone heaves it out of their car window though.
mbruch1s - 20.08.2008 at 07:44
Screw all of you! I would like to see any of you create something as awesome and fast as this! If you don't have anything better to do than to bash talent you need to be stepping up and proving your better, but wait your not so shut up! If DF had did something completely of the wall then you would be pissed because it didn't sound like them. This is what they do and this what they sound like get over it. If this is what they enjoy making then respect there decsion. I have seen them 3 times and I was blown away everytime. If you have better skills and talent then please make something better but until then if don't like it don't listen to it, and if you are going to make a lame comment do us all a favor and keep it to yourself!
Tursti - 20.08.2008 at 09:21
I can't understand why almost everyone here are crying that this band sounds as it sounds. Besides, as owner of the last three albums, I can tell you, now when I have listened a half from the new album, there are some totally different songs there. For example songs The Fire Still Burns, Reasons To Live and Last Journey To Home. So you who have only heard Through The Fire And Flames and Fury Of The Storm and cry here... Unbelieveble.
DrunkenFuck - 20.08.2008 at 09:26
Hmm, I listened to them and I actually thought they were pretty okay infact. One of the songs resembled Through The Fire And Flame a bit concerning the vocals. But, all in all it was acutally pretty good.
Abattoir - 20.08.2008 at 10:18
Written by Tursti on 20.08.2008 at 09:21

That's the speak I like I agree with you man...I don't know, I quite like it.
Baz Anderson - 20.08.2008 at 10:58
Thought I would listen out of curiosity. Like has already been mentioned many times in here, it is just like their past albums - no surprise there.
Good as far as musicianship goes, like all their albums, but just not original at all.
Warman - 20.08.2008 at 14:34
I'll give it a chance when I come home from work tonight.
danielllewis - 20.08.2008 at 19:26
Have I heard this before?
4look4rd - 20.08.2008 at 20:27
they should have stopped after their first album, if they did that people wouldnt notice their lack of creativity

Valley of the Damned 3.0!
The Shape 1973 - 21.08.2008 at 19:56
If someone played 5 of their songs one after the other could you honestly tell which album they came from.
I saw them live and had no idea which song was which.

If someone heard one of their songs for the first time then it sounds amazing, if someone heard one album for the first time it sounds a bit samey, if someone heard all of their albums it soon becomes clear they have only one song over and over and over again.
GT - 21.08.2008 at 22:16
Yeah it sounds like their previous releases...luckily they were good so I'm not complaining
Anyway people will always complain: when a band change their sound it's bad...if they stay the same it's bad...they can't win
Pétur - 21.08.2008 at 23:17
Just thinking about listing to the new Dragonforce makes me feel bored and annoyed.
JunN_Vai - 22.08.2008 at 00:50
Written by Introspekrieg on 19.08.2008 at 19:29

Hah? You can NOT say it as same as 01011001. Its absolutely different! 01011001 is a masterpeace
Introspekrieg - 22.08.2008 at 00:52
Written by JunN_Vai on 22.08.2008 at 00:50

Written by Introspekrieg on 19.08.2008 at 19:29

No, no, no I meant as far as changing your style goes...
I like Watershed and 01011001... but they aren't really breaking into any new territory musically
EpicMayhem - 23.08.2008 at 00:22
i like it. sure it sounds like there past albums but its still good. at least there sticking to there guns!
BORT - 23.08.2008 at 00:37
lol the music video looks like it was filmed in a hockey rink

Everything's just been covered in sheets
Fat & Sassy! - 23.08.2008 at 21:55
Written by Introspekrieg on 22.08.2008 at 00:52

No, no, no I meant as far as changing your style goes...

I must of missed the album when Dragonforce did that...
Ellrohir - 24.08.2008 at 01:03
well...this new album is...weak...and that i am saying it "diplomatically" because i am big fan of DragonForce...
JunN_Vai - 24.08.2008 at 06:15
Written by Ellrohir on 24.08.2008 at 01:03

Ho ho ho
Poor Dragonforce. They got this 'WORD' from their own big fan. Well, this should be a warning for them to be more creative....
Ellrohir - 24.08.2008 at 12:46
i think it is mainly because each of their album so far had some songs that really kicked ass among the average rest - Valley Of The Damned and Heart Of The Dragon on Valley Of The Damned Album, Above Winter Moonlight and Dawn Over The New World on Sonic Firestorm and Through The Fire And The Flames and Operation Ground And Pound on Inhuman Rampage...for me these songs stand in front of others from the first listening...but no song like that is on the new album...the only a bit interesting ones are Heroes Of Our Time and The Last Journey Home - but still boring and not interesting compared to those i have mentioned above...
BlankFile - 26.08.2008 at 00:53
I guess Dragonforce should be more creative and original. They have the talent for it. Well despite all that, i think this album is not bad, but is more of the same, like i have the feeling after listening to this album, that the album that i´ve just listened to is Inhuman Rampage again... like a twin album.
BlankFile - 26.08.2008 at 01:02
Reasons to live actually is a great track.
BORT - 08.09.2008 at 09:30
The Last Journey Home, is a fucking sweet track.

News DragonForce - New Album Detailed, New Demo Online 9 31.03.2014 by R Lewis
News Diamond Plate - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 20.08.2013 by Marcel Hubregtse
News 1349 - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 21.04.2010 by Baz Anderson
News Kampfar - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 23.01.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham
News The Howling Wind - New Album Streaming Online 7 11.07.2012 by Machiavelli